Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Those babies might not be as "innocent" as appears on the surface. It depends on your understanding of the nature of life, "purgatory", reincarnation, etc.

All babies are innocent. Don't pray for them then.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:34 PM
leadville

conception

It's not necessary to pray for 'babies'. What would we be praying for anyway?

The body that was developing into what we humankind call 'a baby' was animated by a spirit who is eternal and not in any sense the immature being we see as 'a baby'.

Perhaps our prayers should be for the physical and emotional welfare of the parents and especially for the mother whose child-to-be has been lost. That particular child-to-be is indeed lost although its animating spirit is not. Neither is the parent(s)/child association nor any love they may have for each other; they are not lost.

How, where and when the animating spirit becomes the 'composite individual', generally first observed as a developing baby, is moot and a subject suitable for yet another dedicated discussion thread.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:05 PM
leadville

Quote:
From a soul's point of view, some don't join the foetus until just before birth and indeed some enter the body after birth.

A soul (or spirit) may fully interpenetrate at any point the developing fetus/child it is already animating or beginning to animate. Exactly when will be a variable point, spirit to spirit. But the life of the developing egg and the animation by the spirit go hand-in-hand, even if not exactly synchronised at every stage of development.

Quote:
Abortion can be a lesson for the mother to learn,(Preplanned),but whatever happens I think that the mother can rest assured that the soul of the baby will live on whatever happens and could join another body when the time is right.

The experience of being a mother who decides to terminate her pregnancy may indeed be an experience chosen by her before incarnation - but it may not.

I also agree that the spirit who was to animate her child is just fine but a mother - or indeed both parents - may have considerable difficulty understanding and accepting that.

Many here may not understand either.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:09 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Those babies might not be as "innocent" as appears on the surface.

innocent or not innocent? of what?
Old 11-01-2020, 04:23 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
A soul (or spirit) may fully interpenetrate at any point the developing fetus/child it is already animating or beginning to animate. Exactly when will be a variable point, spirit to spirit. But the life of the developing egg and the animation by the spirit go hand-in-hand, even if not exactly synchronised at every stage of development.

The experience of being a mother who decides to terminate her pregnancy may indeed be an experience chosen by her before incarnation - but it may not.

I also agree that the spirit who was to animate her child is just fine but a mother - or indeed both parents - may have considerable difficulty understanding and accepting that.

Many here may not understand either.

The Brain is responsible for the workings of the body,the soul is the inner voice,responsible for thought,emotion,etc.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:36 PM
hazada guess

My soul entered the body just before birth,trust me,I remember,i was there.I don't remember anything about an egg etc.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:26 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
My soul entered the body just before birth,trust me,I remember,i was there.I don't remember anything about an egg etc.

Fair enough but your personal experience doesn't mean it's necessarily similar for everyone else.....
Old 11-01-2020, 07:30 PM
leadville

Quote:
The Brain is responsible for the workings of the body,the soul is the inner voice,responsible for thought,emotion,etc.

Agreed and the brain is animated by the spirit/soul - neither of them can function without the other.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:36 PM
leadville

Quote:

It was the situation of the mother/parents - along with some members here - not understanding the spiritual issues involving conception and abortion that I had been referring - not about the way our bodies work.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:42 PM
leadville

Quote:

It's helpful if you use the 'Quote' button to include the relevant posting when you're responding to particular points.

Last edited by leadville : 11-01-2020 at 09:00 PM.