Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 13-11-2019, 03:31 AM
Newbie ;)

How much walking a day is equivalent to a good hard workout?

I have to take my exercise routine down a notch due to plantar faciatis pain. I can never spell that right. I have to stop working vigorously and start to keep it simple and just walk, but I need to know how many minutes etc a day should I do that will equal to a great workout?
Old 13-11-2019, 04:24 AM
Master

When you walk you don't train all the muscles you train when you work out. If you asked about the equivalence of the burned calories, that really depends of all the specifics: time, intensity, your weight. There are many calorie calculators on the internet, try them!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Master
It differs from person to person, from environment to environment. For me 5 to 7 hours at temps about 60s - 70s degrees F. Temps in the 80s and 90s about 4 to 5 hours. Walking at regular speed with not much steepness and hills. I don't have a car so i'm use to doing much walking when i travel.
Old 24-11-2019, 08:02 AM
Master
you have to also consider terrain.

Going up and down mountains is completely different then walking on flat land.

Same consideration for what type of land. Forest walking is completely different then desert land.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Just found this interesting topic!

I used to walk a lot when I lived in the UK. It was sometimes easier to walk into town to do my shopping than take the car and try and find a parking place :)
When I moved to the US this stopped, no corner shops where I live (in a rural area) and I did put the weight on! Also, the years passed and I am just not as fi t as I was. Now I get my 'walking' exercise in the home, by doing just a bit more house work than I intended and putting a bit of a stretch into what I do. Surprisingly it gets easier :) and I started to lose some of that weight!
Old 30-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraE
I used to walk a lot when I lived in the UK. It was sometimes easier to walk into town to do my shopping than take the car and try and find a parking place :)
When I moved to the US this stopped, no corner shops where I live (in a rural area) and I did put the weight on! Also, the years passed and I am just not as fi t as I was. Now I get my 'walking' exercise in the home, by doing just a bit more house work than I intended and putting a bit of a stretch into what I do. Surprisingly it gets easier :) and I started to lose some of that weight!

Why not go for a short walk and when you can, increase the length of the walk if you feel like it?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
I have to take my exercise routine down a notch due to plantar faciatis pain. I can never spell that right. I have to stop working vigorously and start to keep it simple and just walk, but I need to know how many minutes etc a day should I do that will equal to a great workout?

To answer your thread's title about how much walking is equivalent to a good har.........................at you heal quickly.

Strike all that! What an idiot I am! This is an ancient thread.....
Old 03-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraE

I run but also now have a simple home treadmill for walking exercise. My wife uses it for the same reason and is beginning to try running on it - first time running for her and she's nearly 70. In winter (BC) we hike the Sonoran desert and I run in it.

Worth thinking about a treadmill perhaps and you can exercise in private at whatever work rate you choose and build your stamina and fitness.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
walking only works certain muscles it will never equal a workout

I walk two and a half hours a day while holding bagua energy postures

bagua circle walking - I don't have furniture - so I can do it in the living room without going outside of the house

13 ft. X 13 ft. is perfect - but I don't have that much space now -- someone else said 10 ft. X 10 ft. is good

the smaller the circle - the more painful it is -- it's important to walk each direction for the same amount of time so that you build your muscles in an even and balanced way

Last edited by Hologram8 : 03-09-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
walking only works certain muscles it will never equal a workout

I walk two and a half hours a day while holding bagua energy postures

bagua circle walking - I don't have furniture - so I can do it in the living room without going outside of the house

13 ft. X 13 ft. is perfect - but I don't have that much space now -- someone else said 10 ft. X 10 ft. is good

It's an old thread, the originator gone, but walking is better than nothing even though not equivalent to a full-body workout. 150 minutes a day indoors sounds awfully boring but if you can't get out then there's no choice of venue.