Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 27-02-2023, 05:34 AM
Robert Urbanek

The secret of Twin Peaks?

My spiritual awakening began in 1990 with director David Lynch's television show Twin Peaks. Fascinated with the symbols and dreams in the program, I became convinced that I had deciphered the secrets of the show. According to my theory, Native American spirits lived in the woods surrounding the town of Twin Peaks. When the lumber mill ravaged the forest, the angry spirits were forced from their homes. One took refuge in the log of the Log Lady and spoke to her. Others occupied the all-wood Great Northern Hotel.

As revenge for the destruction of their woodland home, the spirits began possessing various people in town. One spirit, "Bob," took possession of Leland Palmer, causing him to murder his daughter Laura. Another result of the spirit-induced conflicts was that the lumber mill was burned down.

Native Americans summon spirits through dancing. The dwarf in FBI agent Dale Cooper’s dream danced, Leland Palmer danced, and “Bob” danced around the flames at the railroad car. The dwarf dressed in red could represent the “red man,” the American Indian. There are “Big” and “Little” men in the dreams, just as there are “Big” and “Little” in many Native American names.

I waited for the show to eventually confirm my theory of spiritual ecoterrorism. Instead, the show devolved into a routine soap opera. Had I read into the show a meaning that wasn't there? I came to another conclusion: The spiritual world is trying to send us messages through creative artists. Writers and artists are often unaware of this process and do not understand the messages that are symbolized in their movies, TV shows, songs, and other creative endeavors. Twin Peaks is but one example of this phenomenon. I would subsequently discover symbolic messages in various movies and TV shows.
Old 28-02-2023, 03:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek
The spiritual world is trying to send us messages through creative artists. Writers and artists are often unaware of this process and do not understand the messages that are symbolized in their movies, TV shows, songs, and other creative endeavors. Twin Peaks is but one example of this phenomenon. I would subsequently discover symbolic messages in various movies and TV shows.

yeah i had similar conclusions, however, i quickly found they will 'talk' any way that they can get you to 'listen'.... the drs call me schizophrenic because i talked about some of the 'messages' i got instead of being a good little boy and shutting up... but that turned into a lesson in accepting the judgements of others even when I don't particularly agree...
Old 21-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek
The spiritual world is trying to send us messages through creative artists. Writers and artists are often unaware of this process and do not understand the messages that are symbolized in their movies, TV shows, songs, and other creative endeavors. Twin Peaks is but one example of this phenomenon. I would subsequently discover symbolic messages in various movies and TV shows.

This is how I became more and more aware, I was using painting as a tool for meditation, a way to stay in the moment. I was becoming more and more aware that it wasn't 'me' creating the art but that it seemed to come from somewhere else. then at some point you could say I woke up to a certain degree and started seeing it in all other art too, even of those who aren't aware. When art comes from the heart and there is no ego involved the message just comes through. Roger Zelazny found it out through his writing.
Old 21-07-2023, 04:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah i had similar conclusions, however, i quickly found they will 'talk' any way that they can get you to 'listen'.... the drs call me schizophrenic because i talked about some of the 'messages' i got instead of being a good little boy and shutting up... but that turned into a lesson in accepting the judgements of others even when I don't particularly agree...

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is perceived as crazy"