Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 17-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Chrysocolla

Can you help someone who tends to be more negitave and is less spiritually advanced?

Iv been dating this girl for a while, who seems to have lots of depression problems, and tends to be pretty negitave and on a lower spiritual level then me (At least thats what my mom is picking up... and I guess I can see how its true) Is there any way to help her out of this and advance her learning faster then she would on her own? Im told I cant help her and that she has to learn in her own time, But I beluieve that I can speed this up cant I? Im also told I wont be as happy with her because of this... True? Thanks for any help!
Old 17-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Deactivated Account
There's an old saying that goes like this: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." I feel like this saying applies to the girl you're dating. You can help her but it's up to her to accept that help. I've had friends who were depressed and I tried very hard to be there for them but depression is a tough thing to work with. It drains the victim and the people around them. What people with depression tend to do is they counter all your positive ideas/suggestions with negative ones.

I think the only things you can do are be there for her and try to talk to her but don't be too forceful. Tell her that you only want to help her and that she can come to you for anything. She's going to have to meet you halfway. Good luck!
Old 17-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Quintessence

If she has depression problems, I hope that she is already receiving counseling or professional treatment for the condition. If she isn't, she should. That is probably the best thing you can do for her, and also monitor her to make sure the counselor is doing a good job. Some professionals do a better job than others, so you want to be sure she's getting the correct treatment by a responsible, licensed practitioner. There is no need for her to wander in a cesspool of negativity because she "has to learn on her own time." No. Help is a good thing.

As for your own happiness? That's your call, not ours. Whether she gets professional treatment or not, I think it is important for people to stand by each other during these kinds of times, but I also recognize it is hard. There is no sense in trying to stand by her when you are going to burn yourself out in the process. Do it if you have the strength and feel honor-bound to assist. Otherwise? Do not.
Old 18-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Chrysocolla

Alright... That all makes sense. I feel like I can really help her since Iv been there. I know what Its like, but I overcame it. I love her and really hope I can help her. I hate seeing her always so sad. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do to help? I was thinking of getting her a rose quartz crystal necklace to maybe help her with her self love. If theres one thing Iv learned its that If you hate your self youre probably depressed. Any other ideas? What do you guys think about my plan? Im not sure how well it will work since she doesnt necessarily believe in crystals, but she has a pretty open mind. Also any other suggestions for crystals to give her? Thanks!
Old 18-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysocolla
Alright... That all makes sense. I feel like I can really help her since Iv been there. I know what Its like, but I overcame it. I love her and really hope I can help her. I hate seeing her always so sad. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do to help? I was thinking of getting her a rose quartz crystal necklace to maybe help her with her self love. If theres one thing Iv learned its that If you hate your self youre probably depressed. Any other ideas? What do you guys think about my plan? Im not sure how well it will work since she doesnt necessarily believe in crystals, but she has a pretty open mind. Also any other suggestions for crystals to give her? Thanks!
As there are many causes of depression, I'd look throught this to see what stones would fit her best: http://www.peacefulmind.com/stones.htm also this is a link to a more in depth thing on depression, along with plenty of ways to deal with it : http://www.peacefulmind.com/depression.htm

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 18-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Is there any way to help her out of this and advance her learning faster then she would on her own?
No.

Kidding.
Love her, expect nothing, be happy in the face of everything, don't be bothered or
effected by her negativity...if you can do all that and not be brought down yourself - I'd say go for it!!
Look at the movie "What Dreams May Come".. if you're set on this path, for inspiration.

Otherwise, if she is drowning and wants to take you with her -
sometimes you have to push the life raft and her away from you...
to save yourself.
Only you can tell if you're strong and clear enough.

Give it a try... where would we be if God gave up on us?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Hey, hey, I think that's a great idea! You two can meditate together with your crystals. Work on chakras together, especially the heart chakra. If she has an open mind, then that's good. She'll probably be willing to try, especially if it's you. Rose-quartz is the crystal of love, so that's a very good one to use. Another crystal I would recommend is emerald. Here's what this site (http://www.healingcrystals.com/Emera...trix.html)says about emerald: "Emerald is associated with the Heart Chakra and with blissful love. In groups of two or more people, Emerald can encourage bonding, and strengthen communication and understanding, helping each person to adequately express themselves without offending others." I really think this crystal will help you two, as well.

I have to say, I really admire the fact that you really want to help her. Other people would have just given up because of her depression but you're willing to help her and be with her through it all. That says a lot about you. =) I think you'll really be able to help her. Good luck!
Old 18-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Ascender

You have to find the causes of why she is depressed. It can be caused by nutritional deficiencies, specifically b12 and omega 3s deficiencies are common causes. There are studies you can look into for these. Some women get depressed after having a baby due to these nutrient deficiencies that the baby took from her. My boyfriend has depression problems and this is going to seem pretty amazing but chiropractic adjustments to his spine made a huge difference instantly AND made a huge difference in giving him his appetite back and it seems to have corrected his insomnia too. He's pretty much a normal person now lol. This was a special chiropractor though. She uses applied kinesiology aka muscle testing to pinpoint the exact vertebrae out of alignment. This was about a month ago we did this and still the effects are lasting.
Old 18-05-2012, 02:57 AM
MYFIGO

I love the idea of the rose quartz necklace!

Professional help is a good idea as well... but your love and support will do wonders.

I would suggest letting her read "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield. You an even find it as a free pdf. It is a great introduction into many spiritual concepts but really touches on positivity vs. negativity in a creative way. The book is a simple to read adventure story with a lot of opportunity for discussion and sharing.

Keep in touch and let us know you both are doing.

Love and peace,