Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I have to say, I do love a good religion brawl. I think the Florida Governor was right. If there are two things essential during this pandemic it is religion and all star wresting.

BTW, this conversation is sooooo last week. The golden rule has been superseded by the platinum rule. You must do onto others as they want done to them. Not being a Christian, or even a very good moral agent myself, I don't follow that rule, but that does not mean you people are off the hook. Now let's see.... what do I want?

Anyway, just take a look at the big dogs going at it and you people will realize you are a bunch of Andy Kaufmans when it comes spiritual wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUuszID-gbw

What do you say John, are you willing to get in the ring with the big red one or not?
Soul Seeker, willing to risk you soul to seek the title?
Sky?
You willing to step it up a notch and join the heavyweights or are you going to wrestle Andy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHHwZoTvaL0

Who will be the next interfaith world wresting champion?

You being moral enough to reject Christianity is all I need to know.

Regards
DL
Old 23-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Molearner

I might as well enter the fray.....:) In regards to the 'evil' of God there are...what I believe...some salient points to be considered. Going back to Genesis and the Garden of Eden.....Genesis 2:17...."for when you eat of it you will surely die". When man was created in the image and likeness of God he was body, soul and spirit. When he disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit the part of him that died was the spirit. He was no longer a spiritual being and was incapable of communion with God. He was left with body and soul. The 'soul' simply denotes that one is a living being....just like animals...contrary to popular belief the soul is not immortal. All the 'evil' that people wish to attribute to God must be reconsidered. God did not sanction the killing to anything that was immortal(i.e. made of spirit). Genesis 3:22 states that man could not be allowed to eat "from the tree of life and live forever". At this point man no longer could live forever(be immortal).

Man regained his ability to regain the opportunity to be immortal on the day of Pentecost.....when the Spirit of God was poured out. Another point: God did not force Jesus to die. Jesus willingly chose his death....at any point he could have called the legions of angels to prevent his crucifixion. In short, God could not and would not order or sanction the killing of anything that was a part of himself....i.e. that was divine and immortal. The mortal man(body and soul) returns to dust. The spirit lives forever.
Old 23-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Hello

The Golden Rule is the ethical principal of treating other’s as you would prefer to be treated.

Matthew 7:12

“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do you, for this sums up the Law of the Prophets.”

Luke 6:31

“Do to others as you would have them do to you.”

This is something that seems to resonate through the ages, and its something I so recall from early childhood in school.

The question asked is does Jesus live by the Golden Rule and this comes down to what you feel that rule means I would think.

Unless we could wear the very shoes Jesus walked in we can not say we know what we would do in that situation in those times. Jesus made the choice to go forth to his death it was not forced upon him, but I would think that if he did fight it death still would have been the end result.

I do not feel that the role of God is ever to step in and change the path of man, but more to be there to watch how things unfold. We were created I feel as part of a bigger picture.

Is killing someone moral or immoral, that has long been a debate. If someone takes the life of another should in that their life too not be forfit ?

God might well have given me that ability to take the life of another and trust in me I know well I could so do so without remorse or guilt to someone that was in my life path. Yet I too know that there is something I too believe in called "karma" that I so feel holds a massive bite. So that keeps me from the act, keeps me on the path of right from wrong.

I have always wondered if Jesus took the path of death so that he did not lash out with his hand in a role of causing death by his hand.

Lynn
Old 23-04-2020, 11:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Your last is true, except for mine, of course.

The question was not of promotion, It was of living by it.

Care to opine?

Regards
DL

i would like to opine but its hard to
everyone else is chopping down the big tree's for their fire, i'm just looking for a little kindling, mind you Ketzer is obviously way ahead of me lol keep it coming a few of your posts really made me giggle
Old 24-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I might as well enter the fray.....:) In regards to the 'evil' of God there are...what I believe...some salient points to be considered. Going back to Genesis and the Garden of Eden.....Genesis 2:17...."for when you eat of it you will surely die". When man was created in the image and likeness of God he was body, soul and spirit. When he disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit the part of him that died was the spirit. He was no longer a spiritual being and was incapable of communion with God. He was left with body and soul. The 'soul' simply denotes that one is a living being....just like animals...contrary to popular belief the soul is not immortal. All the 'evil' that people wish to attribute to God must be reconsidered. God did not sanction the killing to anything that was immortal(i.e. made of spirit). Genesis 3:22 states that man could not be allowed to eat "from the tree of life and live forever". At this point man no longer could live forever(be immortal).

Man regained his ability to regain the opportunity to be immortal on the day of Pentecost.....when the Spirit of God was poured out. Another point: God did not force Jesus to die. Jesus willingly chose his death....at any point he could have called the legions of angels to prevent his crucifixion. In short, God could not and would not order or sanction the killing of anything that was a part of himself....i.e. that was divine and immortal. The mortal man(body and soul) returns to dust. The spirit lives forever.

"incapable of communion with God."

God decides that. Not you.

Oh ye of little faith. You would shackle God's will.

Satan is in ye, sinner.

Where in scriptures is that written?

Regards
DL
Old 24-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Quote:
Hello

The Golden Rule is the ethical principal of treating other’s as you would prefer to be treated.

Matthew 7:12

“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do you, for this sums up the Law of the Prophets.”

Luke 6:31

“Do to others as you would have them do to you.”

This is something that seems to resonate through the ages, and its something I so recall from early childhood in school.

The question asked is does Jesus live by the Golden Rule and this comes down to what you feel that rule means I would think.

Unless we could wear the very shoes Jesus walked in we can not say we know what we would do in that situation in those times. Jesus made the choice to go forth to his death it was not forced upon him, but I would think that if he did fight it death still would have been the end result.

I do not feel that the role of God is ever to step in and change the path of man, but more to be there to watch how things unfold. We were created I feel as part of a bigger picture.

A god who watches and does not live more than vicariously is not a worthy god.

Please change your thinking. You deserve better

Quote:
Is killing someone moral or immoral, that has long been a debate.

It will always remain so because it is a subjective issue.

Quote:
If someone takes the life of another should in that their life too not be forfit ?

No. One is not showing the veneration of life by taking it in anger or retaliation when other options exist.

There are many elements to an answer on this issue and these places discuss them endlessly.

The best possible end for all of us is life, therefore taking life should be vigorously controlled, and even eliminated if possible.

To kill even the most heinous killer is humanity trying to kill it's shame for creating killers.

Shame on us if we shame ourselves yet again, by being hypocritical, about who created the killer.

God might well have given me that ability to take the life of another and trust in me I know well I could so do so without remorse or guilt to someone that was in my life path. Yet I too know that there is something I too believe in called "karma" that I so feel holds a massive bite. So that keeps me from the act, keeps me on the path of right from wrong.

I have always wondered if Jesus took the path of death so that he did not lash out with his hand in a role of causing death by his hand.

Lynn

A god who watches and does not live more than vicariously is not a worthy god.

Please change your thinking. You deserve better.

Regards
DL
Old 24-04-2020, 05:49 PM
Molearner

Quote:
"incapable of communion with God."

God decides that. Not you.

Oh ye of little faith. You would shackle God's will.

Satan is in ye, sinner.

Where in scriptures is that written?

Regards
DL

Soul Seeker,

I have pity for your display of self-righteousness.....you need to study the scripture before you so readily(and gleefully ?) disparage others.

As for scripture consider: Romans 11:7-8...."What then ? What Israel sought so earnestly it did not obtain, but the elect did. The others were hardened, as it is written: 'God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day.' "

John 7:37-39...…"Jesus stood up and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were LATER to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified."

Furthermore(and without my aid) consider what happened and the meaning of Pentecost......it was the outpouring of the Spirit.....which, heretofore, God had only made available to the select few....the elect.
Old 24-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Do a little answering before I continue educating you.

It is my turn to think you do not know what you are talking about. I am more than willing to help, but I am not your be atch.

Regards
DL

Soul Seeker,

Turnabout is fair play...:). Where is my answer? Time permitting I will continue to educate you. Oh Soul Seeker where is thy sting ?
Old 25-04-2020, 12:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yahweh no... Jesus yes..... If you believe the OT that is.

sky!... Jesus "Believed" in the OT, if he didn't he wouldn't have spoke on it ,(Matt. 24:37-39 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be).
Old 25-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sky!... Jesus "Believed" in the OT, if he didn't he wouldn't have spoke on it ,(Matt. 24:37-39 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be).

Yes I have read that someone said that Mathew said that Jesus said. Lots of heresay
Closed Thread