Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Experiencer
Moon pies and sheet music

I was hosting the Christmas Eve family gathering at my house (which I never do and probably won’t start doing), and my husband’s grandmother walked up to me and asked, “did you make the moon pies from scratch? I know it takes a while but you just have to have them,” and I’m thinking: hell no I didn’t make moon pies. I hate moon pies. But I just said, “excuse me,” and walked away from her. (Moon pies are not something we ever eat, especially at Christmas.)

So I went out my front door to get some fresh air and noticed there were three black widow spiders huddled together in a web beside one of the door hinges. I was really freaked out because I don’t like spiders, especially scary poisonous ones. I looked in the glass on my front door because I needed someone to kill the spiders for me, but I saw everyone laughing and having fun so I just decided to leave the people and the spiders alone. I walked around the house and went into the garage and got in my car.

I drove to this place...I don’t really know where I was, to be honest, but I think I finally decided it was a college dorm. (When I was in undergrad I lived at home and now I’m currently in graduate school and also, obviously, live at home.)

I walked down a hallway kind of stealthily because there were offices in it with men wearing suits inside. The men were talking loudly and angrily. They were stressed and upset about something and I didn’t want them to see me. I ducked into a room to the left. I had apparently been here before. Up a few rickety wooden steps was an older upright piano and there was a bunch of sheet music that I had annotated (including pieces I’m currently working on in real life) and they were all in a specific order that I understood and that made a lot of sense to me. This room made me feel relaxed and content. I sat down and played for a bit but then I had to leave the room for a moment for some reason.

I wandered down the hallways until I felt the compulsion to wander leave me (that’s literally the best way I can describe it, so I apologize if the verbiage is strange). I went back into my secret room and all of my sheet music was in a pile on the floor. Some of it was torn, even, and it was all out of order, which made me feel some mild panic. In its place on the piano was a black three-ring binder with some sheet music in it that was not annotated and was all very clinical-looking and prescribed. As in, “this is the way you’re supposed to be playing the piano.”

I felt kind of betrayed, like someone had glimpsed my soul uninvited and not only rejected it but smashed the ideals of its unique qualities to bits. I just left all my sheet music there on the floor and turned around and left.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Experiencer
Interesting. I will have to think who the three poisonous people may be.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Christmas is generally symbolic for our gifts or talents. I think in a nutshell this dream is about getting to the things hidden that are holding you back from excelling at your talents for writing music. Self exploration is a slow time consuming process that you may not relish doing. However there are three threats outside your door lying in wait to kill your peace of mind and dreams. You may worry too much about upsetting others so you try to hide yourself which is shown with you trying to avoid the angry men. Another may be that you are expecting perfection out of your art causing undo stress and confusing blocking your creativity. And possibly the third being related to conformity and how things "should" be done. Nothing kills creativity more than conformity. So feeling your work will be rejected, feeling it needs to conform to some norm and needs to be perfect threaten to sideline you from what really brings you peace and joy in life. Writing music. Sounds like you know the basics of writing music, now throw that all away and compose from your heart not caring who likes it or not.