Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Master
@JO First, find a "green" place that makes your heart skip a beat, somewhere quiet that you can adopt as your own. Think of it as your wild garden. Start a BOS-type record where you and your daughter can makes a note of the changes thro the seasons, a note of the flora and fauna. Look for a little corner, a rock shelf or something similar that could be a basic altar. If this works and your daughter is enthused, you might think of some small dedication ritual to Mother Earth for her and you could act as her witness and vice versa perhaps ? Teach her a simple meditation technique to use in the "garden". The key is simplicity. My ritual is eating a pinch of soil and drinking a mouthful of river water in my garden [ below]
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/views/water/800px-Kisdon_Force.jpg

Alternatively, or in addition, both of you join a local conservation group - they can be great fun.

Last edited by norseman : 04-11-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Lostgirl

I dont think people saying i follow the dark side helps either. Its all well and good movies being made about how witches follow a dark path and use goats bloood etc! Its not what its about.

I was part of an online forum which had a website with it and i thought it was great until they started talking about sacrifices, and using my blood during rituals as well as blood of animals. If you love nature so much why harm an innocent animal?! In my mind Wicca (all different kinds of Wicca) aare about the love of the earth, God and Goddess. It is improtant to acknowledge that there are darker sides of the god and goddess but if you follow Wicca you will know about the threefold so why do something that would harm someone or something when it will only come back to you worse.

Really annoys me - sorry
Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Cosmic Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
@JO First, find a "green" place that makes your heart skip a beat, somewhere quiet that you can adopt as your own. Think of it as your wild garden. Start a BOS-type record where you and your daughter can makes a note of the changes thro the seasons, a note of the flora and fauna. Look for a little corner, a rock shelf or something similar that could be a basic altar. If this works and your daughter is enthused, you might think of some small dedication ritual to Mother Earth for her and you could act as her witness and vice versa perhaps ? Teach her a simple meditation technique to use in the "garden". The key is simplicity. My ritual is eating a pinch of soil and drinking a mouthful of river water in my garden [ below]
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/views/water/800px-Kisdon_Force.jpg

Alternatively, or in addition, both of you join a local conservation group - they can be great fun.

I've just suggested this to her and she's very enthusiastic. She's gone off outside to find a special place. If you have any more ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Master
JO, my BIG ritual/ceremony or whatever you would call it is planting acorns. Where I wander used to be heavily forested a thousand years or more back. Home to wolf, bear, wild boar and deer. Over the centuries, they were cut down for charcoal and to build the British Navy.
I was given a task by "the boss", an impossible, never-ending task but so what ! I collect acorns from a protected grove in Durham and plant them high up the dales. I ask Mother Earth to care for each and everyone as I plant. No idea how many I have planted or how many were dug up by squirrels but, again, it does not matter - I persist. I will not live to see the result.

So, a suggestion. Start planting stuff. Not necessarily trees but maybe berry bushes for the birds to eat or build a pile of logs for beetles and moths to live through the winter. Or flowering plants to attract bees and butterflies. The feel of soil on your fingers as you plant is most satisfying.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Wicca = Devil worship ! Now I wonder who put that one about
One may be worshiping a goddess or nature but this is not THE GOD, the one and only, so it must be of the devil.
But everyone is a son or daughter of the earth, and so even the people who think Wicca is of the devil are loved in the same manner as those who follow it.

Or am I wrong?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Master
Yes, you are wrong. or maybe right Depends on your point of view.

The guiding dual principles of the universe have thousands of names and all are equal. The universe seeks balance so, if you have god, you must have the devil. They are complementary opposites, one cannot exist without the other.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I have to admit - that's got to be what I like in nature...balance...not too much light *ugh*...yet not too much dark either. I guess that's one reason why I'm attracted to the 'Pagan Path'.