Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Jesus Meditated and taught his Disciples. Throughout the Psalms there are many references to meditation.

Joshua 1:8, it is stated: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written herein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success.”

In the Old Testament (Genesis 24:63) it is stated that Isaac goes out to meditate: “And Isaac went out to meditate in the fields at the eventide, and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and behold the camels were coming.”

So maybe if you do some research in the OT and the NT you will see Meditation is indeed practiced.....

May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD Psalm 104:34.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD Psalm 19:14.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. (Psalm 1:1-2)

I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? (Psalm 77:11-13)

In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.” (Psalm 119:14-16)

Aknaton, it would be beneficial for you to research before disregarding different practises

So certainly, what the Bible offers about meditation differs from understanding of the typical Eastern type of meditation.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The truth is who cares if you believe the Christian fairy tales or not. Most members of SF don't. But they have the courtesy not to invade the Christian section where Christians are free to express their views.

Yes this makes it boring. If different views are not allowed there is no debate of substance. What's the latest one, meditation, who cares about that trivial subject.
Old 13-09-2019, 04:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Section is not for Christians only, it's Title is ' Christianity '

Christian Doctrine varies as each denomination subscribes to its own set of doctrines and practices, so the umbrella of Christianity is quite broad.

Christians may differ in their understanding of the details but tend to agree on the basics. If I was to say Christ is the messiah I think 99.9% of Christians would agree. But you don't. That makes you a very different type of Christian. You could have the courtesy to say that you are a different type of Christian than most. That your views are not what almost all other Christian views are.

You say "I am a Christian" but it is a very different type of Christianity to what most people expect. There is a name for the type of Christian that you are. It is a Gnostic. But you claim you are not a Gnostic. I really wonder why you are being so contentious....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-09-2019, 04:44 AM
Master
The fact is that people need to be wary and careful because there are a lot of other people who lie and deceive and exploit them. I treat you with suspicion because I do not understand your agenda. I fail to grasp what you are trying to achieve.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Christians may differ in their understanding of the details but tend to agree on the basics. If I was to say Christ is the messiah I think 99.9% of Christians would agree. But you don't. That makes you a very different type of Christian. You could have the courtesy to say that you are a different type of Christian than most. That your views are not what almost all other Christian views are.

You say "I am a Christian" but it is a very different type of Christianity to what most people expect. There is a name for the type of Christian that you are. It is a Gnostic. But you claim you are not a Gnostic. I really wonder why you are being so contentious....

' I really wonder why you are being so contentious....[/quote] '

And I wonder why you are so rude and judgemental.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
The fact is that people need to be wary and careful because there are a lot of other people who lie and deceive and exploit them. I treat you with suspicion because I do not understand your agenda. I fail to grasp what you are trying to achieve.

You don't need to grasp anything nor understand my ' Agenda ' as I don't have one, I expect nothing from you Honza, you have little to offer except your rude attitude. As for me trying to ' Achieve ' something, that's coming from your perceptions which seem to run amok.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So certainly, what the Bible offers about meditation differs from understanding of the typical Eastern type of meditation.

The subject of Meditation will vary according to individuals beliefs, but Meditation is Meditation.
Old 13-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:

The agenda is clear, to keep Christ out of the Christian forum and create a new-age compatible version with all key elements replaced by various substitutions from other spiritual paths.
Old 13-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
The agenda is clear, to keep Christ out of the Christian forum and create a new-age compatible version with all key elements replaced by various substitutions from other spiritual paths.

If you and Honza see an agenda then It's what you both personally percieve, and as the percievers it has nothing to do with anyone else

Your thoughts become your reality....
Old 13-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I just hope you get paid for it sky, because you do a pretty good job.