Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 29-09-2019, 12:32 AM
Mystic Mark Mystic Mark is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No I am not referring to Sunyata MM, maybe SW is and I've misunderstood. All these different labels from different Buddhists Schools that basically mean the same can be confusing so I generally try to explain the way I experience things rather than get to weighed down with the labels.....

Pure Awareness is as you say ... a State. I wouldn’t say that “Empty Conceptualization” defines Pure Awareness. It’s simply one of the many ways for helping a person achieve such a State.

For example, I practice Yoga. Your more into Taoism. Of coarse, the Movements in the Yoga Asanas are going to seem so much different from the Movements of Chi Gong or whatever discipline that you practice. But I’m sure that part of the goal of the Movements for you is Pure Awareness ... apart from the understanding of Empty Conceptualization.

However, because our two disciplines are so different, your way for understanding how to do this, for example, might have something to do with the Taoist Symbols for the Elements. Whereas, I might come to some conclusion that the best way for moving forth into each of the Yoga Asanas is to do so as a Warrior.

Different Yolks for different Folks. lol
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 29-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,731
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology. '


We're talking in tongues,

Where do you personally think ' Intuition ' comes from....

I think that there are different levels of "intuition". On the lower level, it may come from the unconscious mind based on past experiences or conditioning. On a deeper level, my sense is that it comes from the "higher power", the Holy Spirit (in Christian terminology since this is a Christian thread), the "image of God undistorted within" (Eastern Orthodox Church --- again using Christian terminology), etc.

Although I use the words "intuition" and "pure intuition" interchangeably in communications, there is a subtle difference and I am starting to use "pure intuition" more when referring to insights emanating from the "higher power".

My understanding is that, when the mind is stilled ("Be still and know that I AM God", "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"), one soars like an eagle into what Jung calls the collective unconscious, sees the big picture, and returns while "knowing without thinking". Once again, words are obviously inadequate but I think that you get my point. In Christian terminology, that is what I believe when Jesus said "I and the Father are one and the same... but the Father is greater than I" in accordance with the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle. (I am trying to use Christian terminology here but would say this differently in a non-duality forum.)
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 29-09-2019, 04:48 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,129
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I think that there are different levels of "intuition". On the lower level, it may come from the unconscious mind based on past experiences or conditioning. On a deeper level, my sense is that it comes from the "higher power", the Holy Spirit (in Christian terminology since this is a Christian thread), the "image of God undistorted within" (Eastern Orthodox Church --- again using Christian terminology), etc.

Although I use the words "intuition" and "pure intuition" interchangeably in communications, there is a subtle difference and I am starting to use "pure intuition" more when referring to insights emanating from the "higher power".

My understanding is that, when the mind is stilled ("Be still and know that I AM God", "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"), one soars like an eagle into what Jung calls the collective unconscious, sees the big picture, and returns while "knowing without thinking". Once again, words are obviously inadequate but I think that you get my point. In Christian terminology, that is what I believe when Jesus said "I and the Father are one and the same... but the Father is greater than I" in accordance with the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle. (I am trying to use Christian terminology here but would say this differently in a non-duality forum.)


It's interesting to read that you split intuition into higher and lower levels. I personally think it is a Sixth Sense, it's a feeling rather than a thought....

Sometimes I wonder is it somewhere in our DNA, our Ancestors definitely wouldn't have survived without it , was it just natural instinct but now we call it intuition, I don't know but some people seem to be more intuitive than others...
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 30-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,731
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's interesting to read that you split intuition into higher and lower levels. I personally think it is a Sixth Sense, it's a feeling rather than a thought....

Sometimes I wonder is it somewhere in our DNA, our Ancestors definitely wouldn't have survived without it , was it just natural instinct but now we call it intuition, I don't know but some people seem to be more intuitive than others...

The dictionary definition of "intuition" is "Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without recourse to conscious reasoning."

The knowledge could come from our own unconscious/subconscious or from the "higher power". Hence, I make the distinction.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 30-09-2019, 03:00 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,129
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
The dictionary definition of "intuition" is "Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without recourse to conscious reasoning."

The knowledge could come from our own unconscious/subconscious or from the "higher power". Hence, I make the distinction.


SW what do you think of this....

I have had a feeling for many years about my Ancestors from the 16th Century, regarding their Employment . I know their DOB and DOD from Church Documents, I know where they Married and where they are Buried, how many Children they had etc: but that is it.

This Morning by mistake I found some Documents on a Maritime Government Site while downloading my Grandfather's Papers from Ellis Island, he sailed on the Lusitania, he is my Maternal side of the Family, the others are Paternal. I was shocked to the core to find my ' feelings ' turn out to be true and I now have pages and pages of Official Documents to prove it, I am actually disgusted and need time to digest the truth....
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 AM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 933
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
SW what do you think of this....

I have had a feeling for many years about my Ancestors from the 16th Century, regarding their Employment . I know their DOB and DOD from Church Documents, I know where they Married and where they are Buried, how many Children they had etc: but that is it.

This Morning by mistake I found some Documents on a Maritime Government Site while downloading my Grandfather's Papers from Ellis Island, he sailed on the Lusitania, he is my Maternal side of the Family, the others are Paternal. I was shocked to the core to find my ' feelings ' turn out to be true and I now have pages and pages of Official Documents to prove it, I am actually disgusted and need time to digest the truth....

what is the problem with his being a sailor sky?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,731
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
SW what do you think of this....

I have had a feeling for many years about my Ancestors from the 16th Century, regarding their Employment . I know their DOB and DOD from Church Documents, I know where they Married and where they are Buried, how many Children they had etc: but that is it.

This Morning by mistake I found some Documents on a Maritime Government Site while downloading my Grandfather's Papers from Ellis Island, he sailed on the Lusitania, he is my Maternal side of the Family, the others are Paternal. I was shocked to the core to find my ' feelings ' turn out to be true and I now have pages and pages of Official Documents to prove it, I am actually disgusted and need time to digest the truth....

Although I am definitely not an expert on such matters, this does not surprise me as many people have had verifiable glimpses into the past.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,129
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although I am definitely not an expert on such matters, this does not surprise me as many people have had verifiable glimpses into the past.


It's a strange world we live in, or is it.... I haven't made my mind up yet
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,129
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
what is the problem with his being a sailor sky?

No problem at all, most of my Paternal Ancestors were Mariners and some of my Maternal.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 PM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 933
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No problem at all, most of my Paternal Ancestors were Mariners and some of my Maternal.

but you said you were disgusted I couldn't understand why. I also have mariners in my family, believe it or not one of them was meant to be on the titanic, he was a deck hand or loader of some kind. it sailed off and the next thing the family knew he's back home saying he didn't like something about the way cargo was being stacked up. guess that is intuition. my grandad was a waiter on a cruise liner, another served in ww1 in the navy and another was a master mariner.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums