Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 16-06-2021, 06:33 PM
Newbie ;)

From an Indigo Starseed Skeptic

My name is John. I’m a skeptical Indigo Starseed. That’s not to say I am a Starseed who is skeptical – I am skeptical that Starseeds exist at all. But the lists all seem to be describing me. Strangely, all of the blanks left empty in my life as a Christian seem to be filled-in when other possibilities are considered.

I was born in November 1971. One year later I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and spent the lion’s share of the next four years in the hospital. The doctors admonished my parents every year to make it my happiest year because it would also be my last year. But nearly fifty years later, here I am; an indigo-scorpio trapped in a world of colorblind arachnophobes.

Here is the Cliff Notes version of fifty years of life. I grew up in church. My father was a pastor, my mother was a classically-trained pianist who, at age six, was being groomed by a German composer to play Carnegie Hall until she got married at seventeen and settled on being a mother instead. Both my parents have passed away.

My belief about God and His Son forms my foundation. However, 2000 years of Christian doctrine does not. In fact, just three years ago, after my sister and I cared for my mother while dementia peeled away the layers of her brilliant mind, I carefully laid out everything I had been taught about Christianity onto an allegorical altar and set it on fire. Only God, His Son (and His sacrifice) and their message of Hope and Love and Justice remained.

You must understand that even entertaining the notion of Indigo Children and Starseeds and Lightworkers would have been heresy for me. That’s what brings me here. I’m in the mood for a little sacrilegious behavior and a whole lot of study right now. It’s how I’ve always learned anything worth keeping in my life. Two days ago, for the first time in fifty years, I came to the conclusion that the Bible (or at least Paul’s works) does more damage than it does healing just by nature of how other people read it — which neuters even the purest spirit the book may have contained at its origin. But that is my outlook alone; having read the Bible over and over, cover-to-cover since childhood. I’m heartbroken and very sensitive about the decision. The book never really sat well with me but I loved the community and sense of belonging that reading it offered me. Unfortunately, those days are over. I still go to church (in fact, I play drums in my church almost every Sunday) because I have forged close friendships there.

To wrap this up, a little about me. I am a graphic artist, filmmaker, drummer and film composer. The fuel that drives me is inspiration. If I don’t feel inspired - I may as well lay down and die. That’s another thing that brings me here. I literally just read an article that seemed to be describing me as a Generation X (or Beta) Indigo. It said if I was feeling lost or empty that I should find others like me. Are you like me? I hope so.

If you like, you can head over to my archive of work (The Book of JJ) if you are interested in reading, seeing and hearing the sordid details of my creative expeditions. Good to meet you all. I look forward to getting to know each of you in turn.

— John (JJ) Silver
Old 26-06-2021, 03:12 PM
Knower

My current favorite online information spam is if you are living in the moment you are a higher conscious dimension being of some sort.
Old 15-09-2021, 11:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Well, my understanding is that God exists, since people need it to exist... The same thing goes for "Starseeds", "Indigos", etc... These are things to help you cope with living in this physical reality, with a brain that can't truly understand the metaphysical side of our nature. However, using such frameworks can be also very dangerous... When something doesn't work for you, there is no point to push yourself, just to be part of some sort of community. I personally don't do it and I don't see to be missing anything. Group thinking always produces lower quality thought. This is true for religion, but it's also true for many of these "new age" ideas. Most of them come from books released by authors we know nothing about, and then people repeat this stuff, and even succeed in dumbing down the original idea... One should think for oneself.
Old 21-09-2021, 03:35 AM
Knower

I definitely feel you are what you said you think about Indigos and Starseeds. If you were born in 1971 then you are in your forties. If you are into film then it only serves your case. I'm personally drawn to creativity as you say.
Old 22-01-2022, 07:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by interim
Well, my understanding is that God exists, since people need it to exist... The same thing goes for "Starseeds", "Indigos", etc... These are things to help you cope with living in this physical reality, with a brain that can't truly understand the metaphysical side of our nature. However, using such frameworks can be also very dangerous... When something doesn't work for you, there is no point to push yourself, just to be part of some sort of community. I personally don't do it and I don't see to be missing anything. Group thinking always produces lower quality thought. This is true for religion, but it's also true for many of these "new age" ideas. Most of them come from books released by authors we know nothing about, and then people repeat this stuff, and even succeed in dumbing down the original idea... One should think for oneself.

I personally dont see what's wrong with group thinking. Sharing opinions of god, taking notes of said conversations/opinions, reading/dissecting scriptures etc. Its pretty fun. Going to church is a great place to make friends btw. I have a few Christian friends who are kind of close minded, but most of them are pretty open minded...few of them even believe in the illuminati. I believe this has to do with rising vibrational frequencies...or our energy levels. I told them I believed in god and jesus christ, but I also believed in reincarnation and they seemed pretty cool with it.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:43 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Red
It said if I was feeling lost or empty that I should find others like me. Are you like me? I hope so.

— John (JJ) Silver

Hello John;

I don't know if I'm an indigo or not. I'm pretty sure my daughter is though. She is Scorpio too. She is very artistic. She loves drawing and painting. She's a very gifted writer but college kinda burned her out with writing. I hope one day she'll pick it up again. She has a very vivid imagination and the short stories she has written are just marvelous. The ones she's let me read are so good that if she turned any of them into novels, I would be reading over her shoulder as she wrote each page. She also loves acting. She even wrote a play and performed one of the roles (she lost one of her actors to AP study) and directed it as her Senior Project in high school.

She seems to have all the characteristics of an Indigo. Including being interested in social justice. She just recently underwent some psychological testing for ADD and Autism because she has friends on the spectrum and who have ADD and they noticed some similarities. It never ever occurred to us or her teachers that she had ADD or was autistic because she did so well in school and she had friends. We all just thought she just had really strong opinions about certain things. And she seemed a tad behind her peers in emotional maturity.

As for myself, growing up, I never really fit in. I always felt like an outsider. I grew up going to church on Sunday but my parents never took it seriously other than going to services every Sunday. I walked away from it when I was a teenager. I learned the history of religion and all the harm it caused. I wanted nothing to do with religion after that.

I've always have been drawn to metaphysics though. Always searching for more than what this life offered.