Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-06-2022, 02:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, Anytime someone reminds me of Reality I wish I could give them a like. Realization, yes, ah, my best friend.
A dawning, a bolt of amazing Grace is wonderful isn't it?
No intellectualization ...just a pure awakening of your perception...a
few moments of an altered state, Cosmic Consciousness - coined in the 1890s!
Ahhh, Richard Bucke and his "subjective light", yes, an excellent (and interesting) slide into nondual contemplation. Along with Evelyn Underhill's "Mysticism", a constant in my early days of "waking up is hard to do."
Old 22-06-2022, 02:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How does one go about realizing that? What are the paths and their practices?
Realization of no subjects is usually a gradual process. Perhaps there are some who experience an aha nondual moment and it doesn't leave, but I suspect instant awakenings are rare.

I can only speak about my path which was, in its early days, filled with what I thought 'being spiritual' was about. It wasn't.

It wasn't until I was introduced to nonduality that I came across the truth 'not-two' and I couldn't get that truth out of my head. Which helped me because I used that truth as a gentle reminder to myself anytime I slipped into my old patterns of thinking in terms of existing subjects. To this day, I still have to return to the truth of 'not-two' to pull myself out of my belief in 'other'. This usually happens when I find myself getting irritated or frustrated with 'someone' (most often my hubby ). Irritability is a great reminder that one has forgotten the truth of 'not-two'.
Old 22-06-2022, 02:53 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Realization of no subjects is usually a gradual process. Perhaps there are some who experience an aha nondual moment and it doesn't leave, but I suspect instant awakenings are rare.
The best way I can relate my experience is the waking version of a lucid dream.
Old 22-06-2022, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
To this day, I still have to return to the truth of 'not-two' to pull myself out of my belief in 'other'. This usually happens when I find myself getting irritated or frustrated with 'someone' (most often my hubby ). Irritability is a great reminder that one has forgotten the truth of 'not-two'.

So what is your hubby to you? An illusionary appearance of a person that isn't really a person? Or do you see your hubby as an individual that is not separate from what we all are fundamentally?

I have seen many non dualists who take there is only 'one' too literally and then make out their partner and children are merely figures of their imagination, but get married anyway and have a bunch of kids lol ... even though they supposedly had a realisation that negates their very presence in someway ..

Tells them they love them daily and will defend them with their dying breath .. and yet still declare they are not really there ..

Where do you stand in all of this if you don't mind me asking ..

x daz x
Old 22-06-2022, 06:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
truth of 'not-two'.
Truth is an 'object' of consciousness so you're back to Duality again. It's also relative to one's agenda.

Edit:
There is no realisation of no subjects, both the realisation and the "no subjects" are objects of consciousness.

In a 'true' non-Dual state the ego 'collapses' into the self, and the self is non-differentiated consciousness. The consciousness doesn't differentiate between 'realisation' and being conscious of it. If Spiritual people stopped redefining things for their own egotistical purposes they might learn something bout non-Duality. In that 'state' there is literally no thing. There is no 'thing' of a realisation, no 'thing' of a 'you', There is no 'you', there is no consciousness, awareness of being in a state of anything because that is the ego too. There is just awareness itself.

Last edited by Greenslade : 23-06-2022 at 02:14 AM.
Old 22-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Master

Quote:
... what is true is true, and what is not true is not true... Truth does not require proof nor is truth influenced by expectations.

You mix terms there. That isn't "truth". It is a "postulate" in the best case, and "wishful thinking" in the worst.

You can know only your truth, not the truth. When you know the truth, be sure you are wrong.

"Not-two" reflects a distortion of the reality that everything is connected, and as you evolve you get more conscious access to it. Still, everything maintains distinct individual identity and doesn't melt into "one".

If you don't intentionally put aside your limiting beliefs and expectations, you perceive only what they allow. Some call it "natural hypnosis".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-06-2022, 02:36 AM
traceyacey12

Re Post 5

Maybe it's because I don't have much experience in this but I found Ewwerin's post to be beautiful
Old 23-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Maybe it's because I don't have much experience in this but I found Ewwerin's post to be beautiful
Wait, so if you had more exp you wouldn't? Lololol

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2022, 01:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can know only your truth, not the truth. When you know the truth, be sure you are wrong.

i hate to say it, but all such statements are a waste of breath. Because the latter was either meant to be your truth and thus doesn't apply to me, or it is meant to be the truth (tm) in which case the statement negates itself immediately (as the statement itself says all statements of the truth (tm) are always wrong) and it still does not apply to me.

Sigh.
Old 23-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i hate to say it, but all such statements are a waste of breath. Because the latter was either meant to be your truth and thus doesn't apply to me, or it is meant to be the truth (tm) in which case the statement negates itself immediately (as the statement itself says all statements of the truth (tm) are always wrong) and it still does not apply to me.

Sigh.
My statements are opinions (see my signature), not "truths".

Rationalizations, often, are faulty because they depend on one's perceptions and intellect. In this case they missed the point.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.