Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidasCloud
Your talk about life-changing events are about personal growth. Personality defines who you are relative to others. Life-changing events and the resulting personal growth do not change you into someone else's personality, but can affect how you approach hardships or difficulties in life.
Your ego is your interface between your internal and external realities. Mine too. How I interface with my internal and external realities changes. Right now I'm recovering from an operation and frankly I feel a little vulnerable, and my wife has noticed the changes in my personality.

My wife had a life-changing event by way of a mini-stroke that caused a brain bleed and 'killed off' a large part of her brain. That changed her personality completely and she became a very different person. Not so much personal growth.

The Life-changing events don't change you into someone else's personality because the personality is always yours, but what it does do is change your personality. My wife will also tell you that when she first met me she was very introverted, and it took me a long time to help her find her feet. Now she's very much her own person. I've also worked with people whose self esteem was on the floor and have seen their personalities change.

The personality is not 'fixed', it changes.

As one of your links says,
"as well as describing thinking styles through cognitive functions."

You can change your cognitive functions, science calls it cognitive behaviour therapy and Spirituality calls it Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path for one. Shadow Work can, because it addresses what we haven't effectively resolved, change our personalities because the Shadow Self and its 'contents' ahs an effect on our personalities. As does cognitive dissonance, and when that is recognised and dealt with we become far more open-minded personalities. Those are aspects of the 'frameworks' of our personalities and when they change our personalities change.

As it says -
" though I can assure you that these traits are all observable, and can be ascertained from personal experience."

When you look for something you'll see it. I wanted to buy a Jaguar XE and suddenly they were everywhere. Now I have a Land Rover and they're as common as muck, the world and his cat have one.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:46 PM
Master
In spiritual advancement, it’s all to easy to get carried away by manifestations, kundalini arousal, telepathic messages, wisdom downloads, instant knowing, sporadic void and samadhi experiences, celestial music and so forth. However, back to basics ~ how do we look at other forms, have we transcended need to forgive because we don’t feel injured in the first place, accepting all, as they are? Are we equanimous and blissful almost all the time? Is God-connect our highest priority? Do we have racial or religious bias? What are our fears and desires?

The continuous dispassionate, self-assessment of these and similar parameters let’s us know our reflex responses as we navigate earth life and the level of our bondage to mind-body urges.

Abiding in thought rested stillness as our default fulcrum would be, as it applies in my case, a definitive shift. Bliss in permanence helps, of course.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your ego is your interface between your internal and external realities. How I interface with my internal and external realities changes.

The Life-changing events don't change you into someone else's personality because the personality is always yours, but what it does do is change your personality.
The personality changes you mention are actually changes related to Emotional Repression Release. Personality type, like MBTI, do not change and stays with a person his whole life. Whether that person realizes he's introverted (prefers being in the crowd) or extroverted (prefers being at the center of attention) is another matter.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 12-06-2022 at 02:15 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting
Old 12-06-2022, 01:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
The personality changes you mention are actually changes related to Emotional Repression Release.
What has a brain bleed got to do with Emotional Repression Release?
Old 12-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Quote:
People don't remember being born into the body of the opposite sex, is like how people don't remember their lives in an alien body on another planet. ..
Well, the above has nothing to do with the topic.
And I rem 3 lives being a male...not actually the "birth" into any body, tho.
Gotta agree with Native spirit.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2022, 02:08 PM
Knower

@Greenslade

A brain bleed has the characteristics of Anger and Love Emotional Repressions.

Interestingly, the current Environmental Repression Release state is with Anger and Love Emotional Repressions, and having a brain bleed in this state appears to be a characteristic of Clairvoyance Clairalience.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I prefer emergent, because that's what happens on its own when you get rid of all the layers of spazz. It simply arises out of awareness.
We can use emergence but it has to be strong emergence as weak emergence is basically deterministic. For instance a neuroscientist would argue consciousness is weak emergence. Just the complexity of circuitry, whereas someone like Chalmers would argue it's strong emergence as in Consciousness is fundamental like the other fundamental forces governing existence.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:12 PM
Had to delete many posts off topic, I'm sure I missed some.
And please, everyone....3 sentences only when quoting others.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2022, 02:18 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
A brain bleed has the characteristics of Anger and Love Emotional Repressions.
My wife has gone from being confident to being unsure of herself and even to the stage where she's fearful. She knows herself she has changed and how the changes have affected her. What you're trying to do is justify yourself but her personality belies what you're saying. There is no emotion involved.

My wife used to channel Spirit before her mini-stroke but now she can't. I'm a clairsentient medium.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Do you mean respond in 3 sentences when quoting others, or only quote others when they have three sentences or more?
Place only 3 sentences tops in the quote box from others...
..it helps if you say the post # you are referring to.

Closed Thread