Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-03-2022, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave-Soul
Big hug to bobjob.
thank you - Even virtual hugs are gratefully enjoyed. blessings
Old 15-03-2022, 09:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
My brother woke me up with the smell of tuna fish and coffee the day after he passed. It was gawdawful early am and my bedroom is upstairs at the other end of the house from the kitchen. No one else was up. He had cancer of the tongue and the last 6 months of his life he ate via gastric tube, not by mouth, so it was fitting that he showed up with breakfast. I just wish he'd waited for a more decent hour.
Maybe he chose that time very deliberately to make a point????
Old 15-03-2022, 09:37 PM
Knower

(To traveler) thanks for being open about your brother's passing and what he had to do in order for you to recognize/identify your own brother's trait when no one else knew about the "tuna" thing and only you knew.
Old 16-03-2022, 01:01 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave-Soul
(To traveler) thanks for being open about your brother's passing and what he had to do in order for you to recognize/identify your own brother's trait when no one else knew about the "tuna" thing and only you knew.

Not a big deal, *shrug*. I woke up to the smell of coffee and tuna. It had to have been him. lol. When he was alive he told me he dreamt about food.
Old 16-03-2022, 01:02 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Maybe he chose that time very deliberately to make a point????

I dunno. I'm guessing there aren't any clocks on the other side. I wasn't all that thrilled to be woken up either. I don't sleep well and I value my sleep. My family knows (hubs and kid) that there had better be blood or fire involved if they want to wake me up. lol.
Old 16-03-2022, 01:04 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Tuna fish and coffee is not something I would try....... but now that you mentioned, who knows, maybe I will.

A least he got your attention and..... you got the message.

It was a tuna sandwich. I could smell the toast too. He wasn't able to eat anything by mouth the last 6 months of his life so I'm guessing that he did a lot of that when he crossed over. Can't say that I would not do the same thing either if it had been me.
Old 16-03-2022, 01:53 AM
Master
I had a female dog that had a doll. I would throw it on the bed and she would give it a bath then hide it under the bed. I would find the doll and we would repeat the scenario over and over and over.

Then she died. Before she died, she had hid the doll and I forgot all about it. Then, the doll appeared right beside my pillow where she sometimes slept. No matter how many times I move the doll, it all 'comes' back to the same spot as if it was never moved.

Years before she died, She caught a fully grown pigeon and laid it out right beside my pillow. When I woke up, I actually thought the pigeon was actually alive. That is how nice the pigeon looked.

When she was alive, those are the things she would do. I guess. .... she never left.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-03-2022, 04:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I dunno. I'm guessing there aren't any clocks on the other side.
You're right - no clocks or other timepieces, no days, weeks, months or years, no seasons and no calendars.

Those are relevant only to this physical dimension BUT when loved ones draw close, perhaps hoping to send a sign that will be recognised, they become aware of earth time if only approximately. Or when there's an anniversary or other significant date they 'pick it up' from their loved ones still incarnate.

There is no need for food after we have passed over but the desire for its familarity and comfort may linger on in one's psyche. For a time a recently 'dead' individual may find reassurance in old familiar things that they create by the power of their desire and thoughts. That desire will pass but it may be what leads to folk detecting familiar smells they associate with a loved one.
Old 16-03-2022, 05:06 AM
Knower

(To bigjohn) I remember one meaningful conversation I had with my adoptive mom just before she passed. She had a small elderly dog that always slept next to her at the end of her bed. When her dog died, she was alone in her bed when she was woken up by a light movement as if the end of her bed was being pressed down lightly at the same spot where her dog used to sleep in, but she could not see anything. Some time later my mom finally realized it might have been her dog who visited my mom. Yes, bigjohn, I do believe that it may have been your dog in that certain spot. I spoke with my deceased mom about two weeks ago and in those two encounter of finding the number and later a coin. I figured out the number and finally realized the number belonged to the birthday month number of my adoptive mother's. The coin showed that my mom tried hard to let me know directly that she was really listening to my words for her the night before.
Old 16-03-2022, 08:29 AM
Master

I have always been intensely interested in people's experiences. But it's also important to me that lots of detail accompanies such reports otherwise they really are useless. There was a time when they were easily found but seem to have vanished into the mists of this 'new age' stuff, most of which it seems to me is there to sell books.
So here is my contribution to this subject - I have been fortunate enough to have had quite a number of such moments, of all kinds, - all written down for my children and grand children.

My wife died in the spring of 2009, we had been together for 50 years. She didn't have an easy death and suffered badly. I looked after her as best as I could for many long weeks until she was taken off my hands and put into care.

After her death I decided to move into a smaller flat and oddly enough on the same day I told my sons of my decision to move I had a new flat. Just like that. I did, I have to admit, for a few seconds wonder if there had not been some sort of help in the background, things don't often fall into place so easily. There have been a number of similar moments since - where doors have opened as if by magic.

I moved into this new flat at the beginning of July and felt quickly at home it was quite simply a smaller copy of the flat we'd been together in for all those years but on the other side of town.

On the first Saturday in the new place I was in the living room and to my surprise I saw a lot of lights, like a kaleiderscope would be the best description, in the hallway. When I went to have a look they faded away - leaving me wondering what had caused them. The hall had no window and the flat was a long way from any road. I decided to wait and see, promising myself that when it again happened I'd get to see how. But it never did, but just how can a hallway be filled with flashing coloured lights?

This was of course a time of sadness, longing and visible emotions. I'd often call out her name and often cry in my despair. After a while the daily routine and its duties took over and life began again.

One late afternoon in September if I recall correctly, I was sitting watching TV when I suddenly had the feeling that I was being watched. My wife had had a lovely collection of ceramics and to this purpose had bought a set of high, glass shelving, which because of lack of space I had positioned in the kitchen. Not a really suitable place actually.
Now, looking up, to my astonishment I saw my wife standing in this shelving. A table was in the way so I could only see her top half. She was simply watching me. Letting me know I think that she was still 'around'. She seemed to be wearing what I can best describe as a toga, in a lovely silky sheen of grey/green - I can see the colour now but cannot describe it.
Then I noticed something else, I appeared to be seeing her only out of one portion of my eye(s); when I looked directly she vanished but when I returned to the original eye position there she was.

My wife loved me and it was a love I didn't deserve- and this love and understanding I felt during this half-minute or whatever it was. I have to add - especially the understanding.

It still fills me with hope to this day.

Oddly enough on the very day which would have been our 50th wedding anniversary (we had been married 47 years whan she died) I had a sensible win (not too much, not too little) in a lottery - once again I wondered about that background.

Just as in all the other experiences I have had I was able to stand free of any expections. It was just as it happened and nothing was ever required of me - it was always as if information was being passed on.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.