Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-02-2022, 08:10 PM
Ascender
To me the mediumship status comes with a lot of abilities and knowledge, wisdom, so "making money" or "making a career" makes little sense.

But I had this question coming lately, and the answer was "no".
Why? Because if one relies on such services to survive, one will attract (create, manifest) problems in order to get money. That's not good.
Old 22-02-2022, 08:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
To me the mediumship status comes with a lot of abilities and knowledge, wisdom, so "making money" or "making a career" makes little sense.
The question asks whether people should make a career from their gift and not whether it makes sense. To anyone making such a career it looks pretty obvious it does make sense.....
Old 22-02-2022, 08:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's wrong to say "a lot of mediums are scams" unless you can provide evidence.
You cannot provide evidence in most cases not with psychics as it cannot be proven. A lot of psychics use tricks to convince the people what they are saying is true. They also tell people what they want to hear like their love one is all around them etc. You are better off in finding things out for yourself instead of hoping someone can give you the answers. Long ago I used to see psychics. I would not waste my money on seeing them now.
Thanks bobjob for the comment that this is a forum and we should expect people to disagree and agree. We are all different and think differently so it is expected there would be a lot of different opinions.
Old 22-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
The question asks whether people should make a career from their gift and not whether it makes sense.
A problem well stated is half solved, it's always good - I think - to question the question.
Old 22-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
A problem well stated is half solved...
Oh you're an optimist!
Quote:
....it's always good - I think - to question the question.
It's always good I think to first address the question asked rather than obfuscating by answering it using another question, especially one that's not important or relevant to the first.
Old 22-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You cannot provide evidence in most cases not with psychics as it cannot be proven. .
Then avoid the temptation to say " a lot" when you don't actually know how many......
Quote:
A lot of psychics use tricks to convince the people what they are saying is true.
How many is "a lot"? 2, 5, 10, 10,000? Whatever your answer, how do you know how many?
Quote:
They also tell people what they want to hear like their loved one is around them etc.
But remember the question asked in this thread is to do with mediums charging for their mediumship and not about what psychics do with whatever one might term their particular specialty.
Old 22-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Deactivated Account
To make progress in a discussion where various points have been made or questions asked isn't it better -
easier too - to adress them seriatim? All too often folk go off on a rant about something or other but fail to make their point or make an unrelated one.

Point by point is easier for the contributor and easier for those following. blessings
Old 22-02-2022, 10:07 PM
Master

Thanks for reminding me bobjob to stay on topic. I forgot I was off topic. You are right I do not know how many people are scams so I should not say that. I am only guessing. I think there would be a lot. Perhaps it is not fair of me to say there is a lot.
Old 24-02-2022, 06:08 AM
Master
As for Mediums getting paid for their work:

In some areas of the World, it was and might be illegal for a Medium to accept money or a barter for some, if not all of their services. Case in point is the UK Public General Acts1951 c. 33 Section 2 titled Fraudulent Mediums Act of 1951 which reads in part, at its introductory "An Act to repeal the Witchcraft Act, 1735, and to make, in substitution for certain provisions of section four of the Vagrancy Act, 1824, express provision for the punishment of persons who fraudulently purport to act as, spiritualistic mediums or to exercise powers of telepathy, clairvoyance or other similar powers."

later, more clarity was provided "(5)Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall apply to anything done solely for the purpose of entertainment."

That law was repealed and replaced with another law in 2008 but the sting of the law, I suspect, still remains.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 24-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Thanks for reminding me bobjob to stay on topic. I forgot I was off topic. You are right I do not know how many people are scams so I should not say that. I am only guessing. I think there would be a lot. Perhaps it is not fair of me to say there is a lot.
Even then you don't know how many "a lot" is and it could be over-stating the actual situation. It's sad, though, that there are any but the scum of humankind can and will do almost anything to their fellow humans.