Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Experiencer

I see, thanks for the advice AstralSuzy, you sure know how all this works, I think I will do as you recommend, the hardest part for me is going beyond relaxing, I still go to a point while I feel like I cant determine my limbs positions, which is something I heard is good for ap meaning we are somehow not paying atention to our body as its muscles are relaxed enough, tried breathing normally and either I fall asleep or nothing happens, I somehow cant see the point that you described as the moment one "switch off", I have heard from other people that its a kind of border between being awake and asleep that one has to avoid and if go into sleep then get back to awake state, but I never have managed that.
Old 15-03-2022, 07:36 PM
Master

That is why breathing in and out can get boring as you lie there and nothing happens for a while. It is easy to fall asleep but that is why it is important to notice how your breathing is and how your mind is feeling so you know when to ap or you are about to ap. If you miss it you will fall asleep. If you persevere with it mostly ap always happens.
Do not listen to me as I may be advising you the wrong thing. My advice is forgot what you have read. Forget how the body feels as it is not important. I have ap and my body was very uncomfortable. There are times when I am not able to feel my whole body at all so I know I can get out of my body. Meditation is important. The mind has to be relaxed. If you are worried, stressed or have too many thoughts ap can take longer. It comes down to practice. I fell asleep last night so I was not impressed. Late in the morning I was breathing in and out and I thought I may not ap as I have to get up out of bed soon. That was not a good thing to think as I am putting stress on myself. I was concentrating on my breathing imagining myself getting more and more relaxed. My mind felt very relaxed and I ap on the floor in a different position that I was lying in. I was trying to relax more and more. I did not realise that I ap. This might be my ap technique as it seems to be working for me and that is to relax more and more with my breathing. It works much better after a long sleep.
Old 15-03-2022, 08:09 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for your advice AstralSuzy, I dont think its wrong advice, in fact I think its quite clever, so mainly the key is focus in how breathing goes, I mean, we just focus in that and relax, but I guess to keep us aware we have to always feel the breathing, thats probably the key point as I can see. I think I fail in that, sometimes I start to think on other things or do as you said and think like its getting late it wont work, or fall asleep, I know emptying the mind is like impossible but somehow focusing only in breathing and relaxing with it makes more sense, right? also I wonder, do you wake up 6 hours after going to bed or it works for you on any time?
Old 15-03-2022, 08:13 PM
Experiencer

Also I heard from other people like something about focusing in the pinneal gland or opening third eye or something, did you do something like that before? I asusme you didnt since you tell me its better to forget what we have read and make it simple and relaxing
Old 15-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Master

I am not sure I believe in the third eye. I know nothing about the third eye.
Old 15-03-2022, 11:00 PM
Experiencer

I see, I was worried I was failing so badly because I havent opened it or done anything with all that as people say they do, if you havent done anything in relation to that then its not needed for almost sure
Old 16-03-2022, 04:09 AM
Master

That is right asdronin, it is not needed. Try not to think of it as failing so badly. Try to think of it as Oh well, just another practice. I will get there and I am getting better. The more positive we are, the better. If I was not positive I would find it difficult to get out of my body. I used to get stuck trying to get myself out of my body. Now it is easy to step out of my body.
Old 16-03-2022, 02:44 PM
Experiencer

Thanks AstralSuzy, I see, so its good to be positive as you said, I will try that way, its somehow hard after so many attempts and techniques and all I have read about this but I will do as you suggest and see it as another practice more than a failure

By the way, I see you dont need the technique described here with the alarm set so that one sleeps 6 hours and later go to bed and theoritically ap should happen, but do you know if in that technique, when we wake up with the alarm its better to try to fully be awake or keep being drowsy and get back to bed? I have read in several sites different things so I have my doubts, I assume its better to stay fully awake or else one will fall asleep as soon as one gets back to bed but still in some video I saw it was ok to fall asleep just keep in mind that we will ap so its a bit confusing
Old 16-03-2022, 10:10 PM
Master

Try not to be concerned that you have not ap. I have had many months of nothing happening with ap. A long time ago I used to get disappointed but I do not any more. I now think I will make an effort to ap and I will be positive if I succeed or not. If we are not positive then it is like we are giving up making ap harder to achieve.

You assumed right, it is not good trying to ap if you are tired as you have a high chance of falling asleep. It is best to try to ap after you had a sleep. It can be a good idea to have an alarm to wake you after you had a sleep. You have to work out what time suits you best. I do not have to use an alarm because I have to get up to go to the bathroom. When I get up I do not feel tired. I go out in the other bedroom as my husband is distracting. I find it hard to relax and try to ap with him next to me.

This morning I was lying on my side waiting for my breathing and mind to get more relaxed. It can get frustrating or boring waiting for something to happen but we have to try not to think of that. Any negative thinking can make the mind not relax making ap harder to achieve. Anyway I was waiting and waiting so I tried to make myself feel more relaxed. I breathe in slowly and out and imagine my body is feeling relaxed. That did it. I could feel my mind feeling very relaxed and the next moment I was playing a video on my phone or something like that. I did not expect to ap playing on my phone. I thought I would be lying down some where relaxing at some place. Now I know I have to be prepared for next time when it happens I could be anywhere doing anything.
Old 17-03-2022, 11:28 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for clarifying and all the explanation AstralSuzy, so indeed being positive is a key elemen before and aftert, I try that, sometimes is hard though because maybe I fall asleep and I blame myself like how can I fall asleep after I slept for some hours and other times its just distractions like noises at home and traffic sounds from outside.

Also oits impressive you managed to ap while playing with the phone, I guess as you said it can happen on any other moment too, I guess its when you are used to ap you develop this kind of ability to ap even in situations that are not ideal for that like not relaxed or not insilence etc I wish I could manage that even if it comes in a very unexpected moment.

By the way I have always had this particular issue that makes me fall asleep suddenly for a few minutes in the middle of the day while sitting or laying somewhere (it happened once while standing in a bus as I was grabbing on to a bar too) when situation is something like too boring or monotonous like one hour of bus travel through straight road with no music or anything, but... this tend to happen if maybe last night I havent slept enough or if my sleep time was interrupted like I awoke several times breaking the cycles etc I dont think its like narcoleptic people describe as they suffer this like always and to me only happens on some days, but could this be affecting me negatively?