Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-04-2022, 01:18 AM
Experiencer
Astral vs Physical

I'm confused.

People talk about astral projecting to places in the physical world, but they also say there's a copy of the physical world in the astral plane. So which are you projecting to? How do you know the difference?

And this copy in the astral. It's my understanding (very basic) the astral reacts quite quickly to thoughts and emotions. Doesn't it get all messed up when you project there?
Old 28-04-2022, 01:30 AM
Master

I am confused as well. I do not think anyone really knows. You will get different answers from different people. Of course I could be wrong but I do not think there is a copy of the physical world. Perhaps people say it is a copy of the physical world is because things can look different, such as a door, window or something else is in a different place to where it should be. I think it is because our mind thinks it is in a different place so it happens. We may not think we are thinking of that but it can happen without us realising it. Perhaps when things do not look right it is good to say awareness now until everything looks right.

The astral does react quickly to thoughts and emotions and it can get messed up when we project there.
Old 28-04-2022, 05:42 PM
Master

I do not know the answer, but a couple of thoughts.

If, for example, we are out of body in the physical London then we would see London exactly as it is in the physical. We might impose our own thought-forms on what we see, but with practice we would recognise these as being our own creation and unreal.

But supposedly there is an astral version of London which need not correspond to the physical London. Much of it would be recognisable, but there are also differences. For example, in the physical London an old building might be demolished and a new building goes up. In the astral London the old building would still exist, maintained by the thoughts of the inhabitants, and it would continue to exist as long as the inhabitants expected it to be there. When people stop expecting the old building to be there then it gradually fades away.

I forget where I read about this - it was many years ago.

Peace
Old 28-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for your thoughts on the matter astralsuzy & iamthat. Much appreciated.

My own thinking is that since dreaming takes place on the astral "the way things work" should be very similar. The only difference is normal dreaming takes place in a "private" space. So creating/changing things should work similarly to the way it works in dreams. When you look at it that way the copy of physical reality in the astral starts to look more like something we make for ourselves, but perhaps it's a group thing. The astral is "shared" space after all, like the physical world, so perhaps the copy is kind of a "collective dream".

I assume most people interested in astral projection want to wander around in the physical world in their astral body. To have the freedom of movement that dreaming (astral) supports in the physical world. To visit places that are difficult to get to in our waking life. And that's going to be tricky. Traveling in the astral is easy, but staying in the physical world rather than simply "whipping something up" like we do when dreaming doesn't seem like a trivial problem to me, and I don't know of a solution.

Still, it has to be possible. Astral stuff "appears" in our physical world all the time. It's only a "heartbeat" away after all.
Old 27-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Experiencer
Here is what I think. The Physical is right under the Astral, and the space in-between the two is the place of Dreams. Dream is a slight overlap of both Physical and Astral. So, if you are Projecting closer to the Physical it will look quite similar to the Physical. But the higher you go, the less so. The Astral is constantly changing due to the collective actions of the Physical.