Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 10-03-2024, 01:48 PM
Master
Clinically Dead for 20 Minutes and Came Back With a Message (NDE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1_6lK6UJY

quarks, light, neurons of the universe, the source of everything?
------------------------------

Atheist Died, Saw the Future, Says We Need to Change One Thing (NDE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWs1MPjwYxI

Dannion Brinkley talked about a Crystal City in his book Saved by the Light (or maybe I'm thinking about Raymond Moody). The US Patent and Trademark Office was in Crystal City in Arlington, Va. before moving to Alexandria, Va.y
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62345920@N00/

Last edited by Aldous : 10-03-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Old 16-03-2024, 10:21 PM
Master
I do not agree or disagree with experiences which others have had. As a former ambulance paramedic I have seen people pronounced dead at the scene, taken to the county morgue, where the coroner confirmed that they were dead, made out a death certificate, and then that person awakened in the morgue with fantastic stories about the afterlife. I have seen lots of people die, and a number of them came back with incredible stories.

I used to hang out with a group of people, and we all, including myself, had out-of-body experiences while sitting in quiet meditation, Everyone in that group, including myself, had various accounts of what is beyond this physical realm. Other people’s experiences are their experiences and not necessarily a reference for what I might experience.

While human beings have more in common than they do that is different, still we all have our uniqueness. I feel it is the same way in the afterlife. Whether there is a heaven or hell, in my opinion, depends on how we react to what we are seeing or experiencing. There are homeless people that are living on the streets who are not suffering. I learned a long time ago not to suffer over what may be perceived as suffering.

I have tolerated a lot of pain and lack in my life without being miserable about it. Suffering, in my opinion, depends on perception; it is subjective. The story is told about when Alexander the Great invaded India he said to a Mahatma there “if you do not tell me where the gold is I will kill you,” and the Mahatma replied “I did not know that I was powerful enough to make you kill me.” This is a different reaction then most would have.

To me heaven and hell are only labels we use in the English language to describe pain and pleasure. Yogis in India can sleep pleasantly on a bed of nails, or walk on hot coals without feeling pain. If a person has a strong unshakable sense of inner peace, they will not be reactive, even in what may be perceived as “hell.” The saying is; “life is not about what happens to us rather life is about how we react to what happens to us.”

Peace
Old 17-03-2024, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Clinically Dead for 20 Minutes and Came Back With a Message (NDE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1_6lK6UJY
I rem this NDE...at the time it seemed a bit too slow for me...but this time I watched it all...a very gentle and articulate man.
For those that want to get to the point - I'd say go to 22 or 23 min in.
You will have another 13 minutes or so...but they are worth it.
So many ask about 'purpose'. I wish they would listen to NDEs like this one.

Nice post, as usual, Starman. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-03-2024, 08:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I used to hang out with a group of people, and we all, including myself, had out-of-body experiences while sitting in quiet meditation,

Sounds great Starman, you were lucky to have a group of people to share your ap experiences.
I am reading a book about letting it go. It reminds me to let go of things that are not important. It is good not to worry about things that do not matter.
Peace to you to.
Old 17-03-2024, 08:44 AM
Master
Astralsuzy, that was back in the 1970’s, and there were millions of people back then following Gurus and doing meditation in the U.S., Europe, and other places around the world. It was all free back then and I hung around with people who had recently learned how to meditate, most who were having fantastic cosmic experiences. I feel blessed to have lived in those times, but today it is a lot different.

Yes, letting go is key. The first time I had an out of body experience I freaked out, because I had not let go, and while the experience was incredibly beautiful, my mind took over and I reacted poorly. The more we let go the more effortlessly the journey in this world and beyond. Another word for letting go is “surrender.“ Spiritual surrender comes with inner silence and humility.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 17-03-2024, 09:21 PM
Master

It was wonderful that you had that opportunity in the 1970s to be with the gurus meditating. You would never forget that wonderful opportunity. I learnt to enjoy things and appreciate what I have because things can change. Nothing stays the same. People move on and do other things.