Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2022, 11:41 PM
traceyacey12

Do you really need to be pure sort to speak to walk the spiritual path?

Hi everyone,

I have had spiritual experiences and am currently experiencing what I believe are ascension symptoms. However, I do enjoy rap music with lots of explicit lyrics and not-so-spiritual ideas. Why am I experiencing spirituality with this kind of sensibility? By the way, other than my music taste, I am mostly a good person lol (at least I think so.) I am empathetic and am kind and gentle and all that. I guess I just answered my first question but does one need to be sort of absolutely pure (not listen to the music I mentioned for example) to tread the spiritual path? Will my ascension be stalled while I clear this or can one ascend with these sort of interests?

Thanks for your help 🙂
Old 23-08-2022, 12:00 AM
Master
At the core of us all there is a beast to be tamed. Lol.
I love raw rap music, especially real to life story telling that speaks of real lives, going through real experiences. It’s an opener to places inside us that can break through barriers. Music does that. It evokes, memories, feelings, connections..
Spirituality is part of an interconnected relationship of you. Your creations work for you where you choose.

The spiritual path is not all airy fairy pure, it’s tough, it’s gritty, it’s hard and difficult too, depending on what life your dealing with.
Old 23-08-2022, 01:15 AM
No, you don't have to be 'absolutely pure' to walk a spiritual path, imo.

To get to your destination or Goal* ...I mean, for the Door to really open it sure does help!! But I mean, pure, kind, compassionate,
forgiving thoughts and deeds...not the music you listen to. :)

(This isn't Non-duality so I don't want any guff from those guys about I'm already at my destination,
the Goal is linear thinking and there is no 'you' anyway, just Brahman
!! )

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-08-2022, 02:23 AM
Knower

I wouldn't worry about it. You're human. Rap represents an aspect of the human condition, and a viewpoint on some of the realities of a physical existence.

I've always loved prank calls, and listen to many prank call shows live and on Youtube. Sometimes the person being pranked will begin crying. But that's their limitation as a prankee, not mine as a listener. I've cried from others' actions through my life. That's part of the human experience, as is spiritual journeying.

It's all cool, these opposites can co-exist as a conundrum. The whole universe is a conundrum.
Old 23-08-2022, 02:25 AM
traceyacey12

Lol thanks ladies. I need some wholesome hobbies
Old 23-08-2022, 08:20 AM
Master
In terms of your interests, I don't think there are hard-and-fast rules about these things - it's whatever you feel drawn to, whatever you feel passionate about. Rap music's never been something that interested me personally, but if it helps you to open up in some way, I say embrace it. And then maybe at some point you feel like you've outgrown it, at which point you could say it's served its purpose (or maybe you never reach that point, who knows).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(This isn't Non-duality so I don't want any guff from those guys about I'm already at my destination,
the Goal is linear thinking and there is no 'you' anyway, just Brahman
!! )
When I am King, the non-dualist dullards will be the first against the wall. Although they'd probably tell me there's no wall or something.
Old 23-08-2022, 09:33 AM
Master
I remember I was wondering -and worrying- about the exact same thing years ago.
I could totally enjoy listening to for instance Rage Against the Machine "Killing in the Name Of"... The volume went up high, and I do mean high, hihi, when I listened to that.
And also with other songs, but that one in particular concerned me a bit because of the title. But then I thought, "Would it matter? I am enjoying the music, it makes me happy. How can it then be wrong?!"

The song means that much to me -still does- as it was the first one my son & his band did on stage way back when. Seeing my boy doing his first ever real performance, wow... Still gives me goose bumps!
That is why it means so much to me.

As for the rest, being pure, no you don't have to be pure to walk the spiritual path. No one is pure when they start walking it. You get more and more cleansed the further along you get as you purge, let go, and so on.
But don't focus too much on ascension. Sounds like you think in the end you will ascend, as in rise up to the heavens.
That is not what the process is about.
Ascension that is meant is getting to a high vibration while in a physical body on Earth. Creating Heaven on Earth.
So it's not about becoming energy only and rising up to the heavens. The goal of mankind is to have a high vibration AND live in a physical body.

As for the music... I hardly ever listen to music anymore as that means being exposed to the news 2x per every hour which adds up per day.
I don't want all that negativity in my system so at first I switched off radio during news, then back on. In the end I just forgot. Couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

We are human being, so don't expect nor demand perfection from yourself.
You could ponder why the rap music. Does it truly bring you joy & happiness -which would be okay- or is it something else it resonates with? Maybe anger or pain or... or... Any feeling or memory that isn't positive... If that's the case you may want to give it some thought.
Otherwise, don't worry about it.
Old 23-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the belly laugh, A human Being.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Master
Most welcome, Miss H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
You could ponder why the rap music. Does it truly bring you joy & happiness -which would be okay- or is it something else it resonates with? Maybe anger or pain or... or... Any feeling or memory that isn't positive... If that's the case you may want to give it some thought.
Otherwise, don't worry about it.
I was going to suggest this when I gave it a bit more thought, I think reflecting on it as Fairy says could definitely be a useful line of inquiry.
Old 23-08-2022, 01:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Spirituality is different for everyone!!!! Is the content of rap music really so bad that it can’t fit into a spiritual lifestyle, or have we just been conditioned to think that way? I believe any interest can be spiritual as long as you feel you are living your purpose while enjoying it. Music is storytelling, and a lot can be learned from listening!