Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 15-11-2022, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
Sugar Jar Container Spell Question

Hi all, sorry if this post shouldn't be in this particular forum, but I couldn't figure out which one the thread should belong to specifically and I was hoping someone here could answer my curious questions... So apologies in advance if this is in the wrong one!

I'm currently reading "The Magic of Marie Laveau: Embracing the Spiritual Legacy of the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans" by Denise Alvarado. In this book the author also shares spells and recipes and so there's a chapter called "Bottle Spells and Container Spells". In this particular chapter, there's a paragraph on how to create a "Sugar Jar To Get A Job" and explains this is also "based on a working described by a New Orleans spiritual worker in Hyatt's Hoodoo-Conjuration-Witchcraft-Rootwork in the 1930s (Hyatt 1970, 2:950)". The author explains how you can also use this spell to get a raise, promotion, get PTO, or a favorable court rendering by using a mason jar, powdered sugar, cloves, allspice, and writing a petition on a piece of paper. You fill the mason jar with all these items, close it, shake it up, and set it with a white candle on top in front of a photo of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It says to allow the candle to burn down and repeat this for 8 more days, repeating a prayer of intent/petition of your wish.

The end of the paragraph ends there, it doesn't continue, so now I'm curious on what you're supposed to do afterwards: what are you supposed to do with the sugar jar once your request is fulfilled or comes to fruition? (Example, in this case, once you get the job, or the raise, or the favorable court outcome, etc.) For other container spells explained by the author, she says to bury them in a cemetery once the outcome is achieved, like when she explains how to do a "Vinegar Jar for Justice". Do you do the same thing for Sugar Jars and bury it (and in a cemetery too?)? Do you just keep the jar around forever and ever? Is there a proper way to dispose of it and give thanks for the outcome? Do you empty it in the ocean/a stream/a body of water/the woods and then burn or somehow destroy the paper? There are so many instructions (in the rest of the book too and with other spells in it) on how to do and prepare the spell(s), but not a lot of information on how to close it out, end it, give thanks, or finalize it once an outcome has come through.

Could someone please explain or answer what you're supposed to do for after? Not only for my own education and curiosity, but I'm also considering showing this particular Sugar Jar spell to a friend who is having a lot of issues in her job and is thinking of asking for a promotion. I'm also thinking of doing this too for myself, and I don't want to share or follow through with this without properly knowing what we/I should and should not do. This has my respect.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 16-11-2022, 03:03 AM
Seeker
I am not sure if there is anything in particular you are "supposed" to do with it...
I have them sitting on my window sill because I like to remind myself of the magick I worked. I suppose it depends what kind of spell you worked.
Is it finite? Then perhaps I would let a river take it...

But mine are often continously working. So I don't think I should release them. Like friendship spell etc.