Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 05-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Post A suggestion

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I'm really loving reading through the different categories that this forum is organized into. I just wanted to make a little suggestion to the moderators, which I hope I'm allowed to make here.

One of the things that I really love about this forum is that you have a sub-forum for nearly every topic. I appreciate how organized it is because I can think of a topic and view only posts related to that specific topic. This makes it so much easier to learn about each subject and it really improves the experience.

While I looked through all of the different categories in this forum, there is one topic that I couldn't find, which would be super helpful to see. My suggestion is, would you please consider adding a category on Apps & Software?

Even though you already have a category on sharing websites, I don't think Apps & Software are exactly the same thing as websites. Apps & Software are a lot more interactive and they allow the user to get stuff done. Some of them have cool features that bring communities together. There are some great apps that offer useful features to users who want to explore their spirituality. For example, there are apps that try to determine a person's aura based on the vibration of their voice, and provide short mediations based on their aura and intentions that they wish to focus on. There are apps where users can come together and meditate at the same time. Some apps guide us to the location of constellations. There are even apps for ghost hunting. Just like apps, there are some PC software that can be useful to people exploring their spirituality. I’m thinking of software such as SpaceEngine, which creates 3D renderings of landscapes in distant planets based on data that scientists have, which gives us a better idea of what it’s like to be on that planet. Although it isn’t directly related to the metaphysical, space is something that many spiritual people are often fascinated with. I’m sure there are many more cool apps and software that I don’t know about but other spiritual explorers would be interested in sharing.

I would love to learn more about Apps & Software that are helpful for exploring spirituality, so I hope you will consider my suggestion about adding a sub-forum dedicated to Apps & Software. If not, that’s okay too. I just thought I would ask because it’s an interesting topic to me.

Thank you for your time :)
Old 06-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Master
Sounds like a good idea.
in places where others do not.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Deactivated Account
It's not hard to add a category to a forum-based website but I do question the applicability of software applications to the furtherance of one's spiritual awareness - I'm not keen on using the word 'spirituality' as it means very different things to different people.

But I'm very comfortable having someone explain how an app or some other form of software would work and what it could be expected to provide that I don't know about. Right now, after 30 odd years 'in the spooks' I've yet to hear about any kind of device that's effective for whatever.

Even the so-called soul phone remains work-in-progress with a promise of only a rudimentary device at best. Certainly not a phone in the sense we incarnates use phones!

But, hey-ho, onward and upward.....
Old 08-07-2021, 04:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you. I think it would be fun to look at what people share. I've also come across several apps myself that I thought people may benefit from :)
Old 08-07-2021, 04:37 AM
Newbie ;)

You're right that the word 'spirituality' will mean different things to different people. So no matter what someone shares, there will be people who agree with it and people who don't. Not everyone will benefit from it, but some people will, which I think is good enough.
I don't think an app/software will help so much with spiritual awareness because that is a personal process that a person has to discover over time.
But I do think that we take bits of information and other elements from the various experiences that we expose ourselves to. Maybe listening to peaceful meditations might not drastically improve my spiritual awareness, but it will give me some peace that will allow me to be more open to spiritual growth.
If I'm using an app where I'm meditating at the same time with other people, I may feel more connected, which helps me to become more spiritually open.
If I'm using an app that shows me the stars and constellations around me, it leaves me with feelings of awe and thoughts about the spiritual connectedness of everything. So, even if something doesn't directly affect my spiritual awareness, it can indirectly do so.
This is why I think there's value even in the things that aren't the most obvious spiritual tools.
I appreciate when I come across something that inspires me, and helps me feel more connected and peaceful, even if it is slightly and indirectly. But I also do like tech,
so I'm always fascinated whenever I hear of apps/software that are designed to benefit humanity in some way.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:09 AM
Deactivated Account
If something helps one meditate - even electronic software - then there's no reason not to use it. If something improves your connectedness then go for it because it's a positive outcome.

If it's a 'ghost detector' or a PKE meter, Ghost Busters style, then I see those as frivolous distractions but I am aware that some love to try such devices.

I think it's important to focus first on the basics, though, and the world of the stars and planets doesn't get us any closer to spirituality. Interesting subjects but not spiritual ones, at least not for me.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Deactivated Account
precisely - Start a conversation in 'The Lounge' and see what develops.
Old 08-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

The issue we have with "apps" and "web sites" is that most "Sell Something" and are commercial in nature we do not and cannot permit this on site. First we do not know if a member has the permissions to share the site and that the owner of the site accepts what we put forth.

Trust me we get legal action notifications for links shared here even on very old threads. We get asked to remove links, to remove discussions.

We can not control what is put forth to the extent that we open the flood gates. Copyright is a real and legal thing. Just because its on the internet does not mean its ours to share or use.

We have had one case go almost to court actions. I was able to settle it.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 09-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Im with Lynn on this and would have to second what she has said

Namaste
Old 10-07-2021, 06:17 AM
Deactivated Account
I couldn't figure exactly what was meant anyway but I felt the new member was more interested in electronics than in spiritual issues. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.