Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-05-2021, 08:44 PM
Master
Is life a play?

Some teachers and guru's say that life is nothing more than a play and that we are just Gods puppets.

Example: We have a thought i want to go to the movies and another thought comes up let me ask Jane. We think we are thinking these thoughts but actually these thoughts arise in our consciousness but we assume it's our thoughts but we are only the consciousness that is aware of these thoughts. Where do these thoughts come from?

Teachers and guru's of certain traditions say that we think we are doing the things we do but actually it's God that planned it out and we are just like puppets. We think have free will but actually we don't but it's Gods will.

Is this true?
Old 13-05-2021, 01:31 AM
Pathfinder

My view is that some thoughts might be random and disconnected, but many thoughts are created from our deeper feelings. We need to learn to discriminate which are which. In your example, your thought of wanting to go to the movies might come from the desire to be amongst other people, and a feeling of lonliness or seperateness. Then you invite Jane, who might also be feeling a bit lonely and she accepts.

I don’t think we are puppets because we have freedom to make choices, even when we encounter things in the world as a result of karma – we still have a choice in regard to how we react to these karmic things. I believe when we have acted unconsciously and uncompassionately in our past (including past lives) it’s this unconsciousness that drives karma, and we attract certain events to help us to heal that unconsciousness (it’s not a punishment).

My feeling is that God’s plan is for us all to come back to him/her, but God also gives us freedom and so the road can be long and winding.
Old 13-05-2021, 02:39 AM
Deactivated Account
In the highest sense it is true. to experience that is a great surrender. you can literally say your going to say such and such to the person. although they heard you just say that they will say it. you can know something your going to do and try not to do it. you will do it. i have experienced this. the script is the script. maybe it was just those times. i don't think so. sure felt like we are all just puppets. more than that we aren't even that. more like a dream we are dreaming because the truth is to much for us to take. there is nothing other than you. that is what i got. i go on pretending that things aren't what i experienced. since im not open to the highest sense except in some occasions ignorance is bliss. in the highest sense real bliss and silence is all there is.........

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 13-05-2021, 07:58 PM
Master

Free will is always an interesting issue. My current opinion is that we have a limited amount of free will to make choices in our lives, but these choices occur within a larger scenario over which we have no control.

So I don't believe that the Divine micromanages every decision in our lives, but certain events will definitely happen and these things will happen with perfect timing.

So we may choose not to ask Jane to the movies, but if a deeper relationship with Jane is part of our plan then perhaps Jane will also turn up at the cinema, having made her own choice to go to the movies. Life can work out in very intricate ways.

I do agree that life is a play, and we are all actors who have become so identified with our roles that we have forgotten that it is just a role we are acting. And we have also forgotten that on a deeper level (within limits) we are also the script-writers and the directors of our own particular tragi-comedy.

Peace
Old 14-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Teachers and guru's of certain traditions say that we think we are doing the things we do but actually it's God that planned it out and we are just like puppets. We think have free will but actually we don't but it's Gods will.

Is this true?
It's a bit cynical but yes, pretty much. In many pre-incarnation and NDEs a common theme is deciding/discussing how someone's Life will play out when they return, and the 'planning' comes with the human perception of linear time. To Spirit there is no linear time and Spirit can effectively 'see into the future' - they can perceive backwards and forwards in time in the same way we can perceive backwards and forwards. We are also in a consciousness loop with the Universe, what we become conscious of the Universe itself becomes conscious of, and in turn it 'gives' us what we need to be come conscious of - which is where synchronicity comes from. We have quantum-capable microtubules in our brains and it's been mooted that they are in entanglement with the Universal field, AKA God.
Old 14-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Master
Yes! I like the thought that it's all just a play. I believe the universe is one messy 'experiment' without any inherent clear ''purpose'' to it, it's just 'God' playing with himself, being a fool.
Old 14-05-2021, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Some teachers and guru's say that life is nothing more than a play and that we are just Gods puppets.

Example: We have a thought i want to go to the movies and another thought comes up let me ask Jane. We think we are thinking these thoughts but actually these thoughts arise in our consciousness but we assume it's our thoughts but we are only the consciousness that is aware of these thoughts. Where do these thoughts come from?

Is this true?
Maybe someone can answer to what end it would be done. We feel we are experiencing when God is experiencing. This does begin to be aware consciousness is dimensional. This simply says consciousness is not here or made here. Whose consciousness is it? God sure does complain a lot each puppet does what God wants and it's ok because it is God's dream. God is not accountable or see what it will do. The problem then, God is not perfect from observation alone but is dysfunctional and can't even control itself. In truth I have always seen God cannot control us, cannot control consciousness. It is certainly hands off to be sure.

I would have to ask, what of other (all) consciousness, for instance non human consciousness, the experience of a tree or an ant consciousness. They are puppet like. Can consciousness be created?

I know we don't like this idea and we think consciousness is mysterious and complex, however it is not from a perspective we can't comprehend, it is really simple to it, God. Looking at consciousness in terms of people, conscious may be made, just as other forms are, where it may be a form of AI, therefore having artificial aspects that become real. Are we becoming real.
Old 14-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Master
Thanks for all your replies. Was curious what you guy's think of life as a play.
Old 14-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for all your replies. Was curious what you guy's think of life as a play.
One would need the many plays as experiences, doing or acting in each one would be different. Every play is about one's (single) choice. Plays permit (allow) different experience to manifest. Plays are nothing more then reincarnation and it's multiple choices, opportunities, different experiences, different knowledge, different observations, ways to learn.

I would also say, not only is one suppose to learn through their own experience but through other's experience as well, their play.
Old 15-05-2021, 04:05 PM
Master

is life a play

Quote:

Is this true?

Answer would be sort yes / no .
IF by play u mean theatrical performances where scripts are pre-determined and actors have to follow the script with no authority alter the story midway , life is not exactly like . This kind of show restricts artists to a pre-determined script . Artists can not change the script of the play.

On the other hand if u mean it to be sports play , it is correct . Because in sports things are not predetermined and there is ample scope for each player creativity/ingenuity/ hardwork withing his/her limited free will . Player by brilliant display of sports can alter the end of the game/sorts