Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Question meditation experiences

Lately I have noticed while meditating I will rock from side to side. I don't consciously do this but realize I am doing it. This has just started this past week.

I have noticed I started feeling like my arms and shoulders are vibrating during meditation. This just started about a month or so ago.

When I meditate and close my eyes, after some time I normally see a circular blob of blue/purplish color that sort of morphs around the edges of the circle are very irregular but in general its circular and it moves around. Sometime the color is vivid blue other times its a bluish purple or a variation of blue/purple. Sometimes I see it sometimes I don't.

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments about any of these things? I have only been meditating for about a year most every day for 20-30 minutes or more and I focus on my breath or try to.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:40 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Stillness of body is important to maintain. Without it stillness of mind will be near impossible.

Concerning other experiences like blobs of light just treat them like any other distraction. Gently release them without judgement and return to attending breath.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:50 PM
Master

otoh those are kinds of vibrations too. I know it is in vogue to deny them but then again it also seems in vogue not to learn to do miracles...
Old 05-03-2021, 12:01 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
otoh those are kinds of vibrations too. I know it is in vogue to deny them but then again it also seems in vogue not to learn to do miracles...
If the goal is Samadhi and Enlightenment it's all distractions, and that is the purpose of the practices.

https://www.thecontemplativelife.org...-mystic-powers

Concerning Siddhis.

Most often, the importance of these supernormal occurrences are downplayed by major contemplatives. The ability to see into the future, gain mystical insight into present events, or emanate a supernatural light does little to help one achieve enlightenment. In fact, an interest in developing these powers is sometimes seen as a dangerous distraction that leads the contemplative astray.

Patanjali himself seems to take this attitude in 3.37 where he states:

"These powers are accomplishments for the mind that is outgoing but obstacles to samadhi."
Old 05-03-2021, 12:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If the goal is Samadhi and Enlightenment it's all distractions, and that is the purpose of the practices.

https://www.thecontemplativelife.org...-mystic-powers

Concerning Siddhis.

Most often, the importance of these supernormal occurrences are downplayed by major contemplatives. The ability to see into the future, gain mystical insight into present events, or emanate a supernatural light does little to help one achieve enlightenment. In fact, an interest in developing these powers is sometimes seen as a dangerous distraction that leads the contemplative astray.

Patanjali himself seems to take this attitude in 3.37 where he states:

"These powers are accomplishments for the mind that is outgoing but obstacles to samadhi."

i guess we could argue all day long about what an 'appropriate goal' looks like. But really, it isn't up to society to condone that, it is up to the individual to choose what they want.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpate10
circular blob of blue/purplishcolor that sort of morphs around the edges of the circle are very irregular but in general its circular and it moves around. Sometime the color is vivid blue other times its a bluish purple or a variation of blue/purple. Sometimes I see it sometimes I don't.
I would disagree with my buddy, JASG.
Enjoy the colors and any light or lights you see inside. Enjoy them...as you would a kaleidoscope...look into the center with wonder!
Watch the patterns, enjoy - you may see landscapes, vistas as if from an eagle's eye...oceans, skies, clouds and gorgeous sunsets, stars,
then you might be surrounded by galaxies...
And why?
Because the whole Universe is within you. It's all for you.
Trust God to be in charge of your Journey....I say.
Put yourself in his hands and have this intention at the start of each session...
and the beginning of each day. :)

Concentrating on the breath is not the end all and be all ..it is a tool...it's where the breath takes you.
And what is behind the breath...what is powering the breath...what is breathing you...there is a 'motor' in your chest
behind the breath....similar to a purr.
Not everyone tells you that...particular gurus from India will.
And follow what rings true to you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2021, 09:33 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I would disagree with my buddy, JASG.
Enjoy the colors and any light or lights you see inside. Enjoy them...as you would a kaleidoscope...look into the center with wonder!
Watch the patterns, enjoy - you may see landscapes, vistas as if from an eagle's eye...oceans, skies, clouds and gorgeous sunsets, stars,
then you might be surrounded by galaxies...
And why?
Because the whole Universe is within you. It's all for you.
Trust God to be in charge of your Journey....I say.
Put yourself in his hands and have this intention at the start of each session...
and the beginning of each day. :)

Concentrating on the breath is not the end all and be all ..it is a tool...it's where the breath takes you.
And what is behind the breath...what is powering the breath...what is breathing you...there is a 'motor' in your chest
behind the breath....similar to a purr.
Not everyone tells you that...particular gurus from India will.
And follow what rings true to you.

Someone has to take the unpopular position and I'm up to the task.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Master
Basically, Miss H and JASG are saying the same thing in different words, both requiring a letting go of doership, accepting whatever unfolds to be experienced without any aspect within clinging to the unfoldment, as it may occur.

About siddhis, each subtle graded enrichment of in-form consciousness melding with or getting nearer to God consciousness is a siddhi of sorts, isn’t it? We don’t need to teleport or levitate to be considered as ascended!

An aspect allowing, flowing in wonderment and astonishment, welcoming offered surprise on a moment to moment basis is all that (or as much as) it takes, in my view.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpate10
Lately I have noticed while meditating I will rock from side to side. I don't consciously do this but realize I am doing it. This has just started this past week.
If you observe your spine rocking by itself, it is stillness.

Forcing your spine not to move when it wants to move by itself is not stillness.

Regards
Old 05-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Someone has to take the unpopular position and I'm up to the task.
You are too funny!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru