Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-05-2021, 07:58 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgross4573
That is just how I write things. I do understand that I can be a little sensitive to my environment only because I don't understand it and I don't understand the people around me.

I didn't ask those questions because I felt attacked. I asked those questions because I wanted to understand why I was being asked those questions. I understand why now. I am not going to be asking anymore questions unless I feel I need to.

No, people aren't reflecting something within myself. I don't believe that I lack self-love. I truly believe in my heart that I love myself more than anyone else does. I don't feel any negativity towards myself. I just don't understand my surroundings because I am Autistic.

I already got it checked out. I am not on the spectrum as I was diagnosed as having Autism.

I never thought once that anyone's responses on here were attacks. I wasn't talking about any of you on this site. I was talking about my experiences with people over time. I understand that everyone here is being helpful. Thank you everyone for your responses.

I just think people don't get what I am asking and I am not asking the wrong questions. I know what I want and I feel like I am being misunderstood.

Yes, that is true I prefer to ignore the people around me and I am focus on myself most of the time and not other people. I understand that now that they can perceive that in my demeanor. I will take what you said into consideration and I will check the channel out.

I think so. I think there is a little bit of that going on. I am not sure exactly. I think that I pick up on other people's pain and I absorb it. I don't know what to do with it and I feel like I carry extra baggage. Sometimes I carry too much and then I get emotional. Sometimes I feel like I have to feed off of it just to survive.

In result, I turn inward and then I shutdown and the sometimes life can be unbearable just because I carry that extra baggage.
Hi jgross

This thread is perhaps a good microcosm of the issue - we saw people interpreting your questions as reacting very strongly (this was also my initial impression until you clarified) - perhaps sometimes that goes both ways. From such misunderstandings, situations can easily escalate into actual aggression, as many people feel safer in feeling anger over potential embarrassment or even awkwardness.

My humble suggestion would be to reflect that just as you feel misunderstood and would like to be accepted for how you are, other people may also feel misunderstood by you and desire your acceptance in such a situation.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle."