Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 20-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Knower
Hmmm... All wrong.

I found this today:

http://video.numerologist.com/?utm_s...hic_US_W25plus

And it was completely wrong about me. Although it did give one of my numbers as "8" which is my favorite number, and has been given to me at a different numerology site as well.

What do you think?
Old 23-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Knower

It is possible that the online ‘reading’ apps are not that accurate because they rely on computer generated random results which are never as accurate as analog methods (cards, dice, flip a coin) imo. I have done a lot of experimentation over the last few years comparing the two methods (internet random vs. analog random) and I can say at this point I personally am no longer relying on computer random (internet web site, etc). Computer mean of generating random results are ‘pseudo’ random, because at some point the machine has to round off and so it could round off at some arbitrary cutoff and introduce a false random result. Analog methods do not have this issue, they are always 100% accurate and reliable.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Probably most, actually probably all, legitimate free basic numerology readings found on the internet don't use random numbers or results in the readings.

If you have an inclination to think a reading's results are randomly generated, it can easily be tested. Do the reading again and see if you get the same or different results.

If the same results, it's not random. If different, it might be random (assuming the interpretation for the reading being requested doesn't relate to the current date or time). For the paranoid that the site would remember the previous reading and bypass random generation, you can dump cookies or use a different browser to do the test.

As a statement of expertise, let me mention that I'm a software programmer and a numerologist of 30+years and have created numerous numerology reading software programs for websites. (I'm so new at this forum I don't yet have access to my profile to update it. Perhaps by the time you read this, I will have had access.)

Alluding to the idea that numerology reading results are randomly generated is a disservice to those who could have benefitted from a reading but didn't because they assumed the results would be randomly generated.

Will
Old 22-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Knower
Would you also attribute this to tarot? I have a tarot app on my phone and it seems surprisingly timely and usually accurate most of the time.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparkes
It is possible that the online ‘reading’ apps are not that accurate because they rely on computer generated random results which are never as accurate as analog methods (cards, dice, flip a coin) imo.
Yes but the page above is quite interesting!!!

I often wonder how they can tell ANYTHING online like this!!