Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Experiencer

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE of SPIRITUALITY BRINGING POSITIVE CHANGE in BRAIN CELLS

Millions of people in almost all religion, all over the world believe in PRAYER. Yet the so called our science fraternity and the main stream media tends to project spiritual practices as hoax.

Mind Health Team at Newsmax Health conducted a STUDY to Know- the BENIFITS if ANY, PRAYER can OFFER US, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY and Emotionally ?

In the study, scientists discovered that prayer could actually change 4 distinct areas in our BRAIN. In fact it could be PHYSICALLY SEEN THAT HOW PRAYER (AND other spiritual practices) could ACTIVATE AREAS OF OUR BRAIN THAT ARE HELPFUL TO OUR POSITIVE GROWTH AND DEACTIVATE THE AREAS THAT ARE HARMFUL.

In INDIA, Most Hindus worship RAMA, & KRISHNA , hence ALZHEIMER like mental diseases are not prevalent.
Old 27-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Millions of people in almost all religion, all over the world believe in PRAYER. Yet the so called our science fraternity and the main stream media tends to project spiritual practices as hoax.

Mind Health Team at Newsmax Health conducted a STUDY to Know- the BENIFITS if ANY, PRAYER can OFFER US, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY and Emotionally ?

In the study, scientists discovered that prayer could actually change 4 distinct areas in our BRAIN. In fact it could be PHYSICALLY SEEN THAT HOW PRAYER (AND other spiritual practices) could ACTIVATE AREAS OF OUR BRAIN THAT ARE HELPFUL TO OUR POSITIVE GROWTH AND DEACTIVATE THE AREAS THAT ARE HARMFUL.

In INDIA, Most Hindus worship RAMA, & KRISHNA , hence ALZHEIMER like mental diseases are not prevalent.

Anything that helps to make one feel more comfortable and less stressed is a benefit in this regard. A person who "believes" that the prayer they are praying will have a relaxing effect will thusly relax in response to such expectation. If you deeply believe that hugging your cat will bring about a therapeutic response with equal vigor then this too will be beneficial.

As to the folks in India, many tend to eat better than the majority of us in the West, so the Hindus may well be benefiting physically from this practice of nutritional density more-so than the miscellaneous images that float through their brains at any given time. Alzheimer's is mostly a carb-based problem, and is being referred to more and more as Type 3 diabetes. Feed someone in india junk food and cases of soda and eventually they to will be wallowing in the diseases that we now experience as normal in production-fed cultures.
Old 28-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Experiencer

Prayer do have a psychic dimension yet hugging an empty vault would not fill it with treasure. SIMILARLY eating JUNK Food surely be a prime reason for prevalence of Alzheimer in WEST yet the POSITIVE EFFECT of PRAYER COULD BE SEEN and FELT and cannot be denied.

PRESIDENT REAGAN and the British PM Margaret Thatcher who suffered Alzheimer, had no reason to eat Junk Food or to Pray are example of LIFE devoid of SPIRITUALITY>
Old 28-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Pres Reagan was very religious I remember.
And PM Thatcher was a private person about her beliefs, maybe bec she was such a believer.
Your statements above, I would have to not agree with.

You might love the book by Dr. Caroline Leaf "Who Switched off my Brain?".
Funny title...but there she gives facts of the changes in the brain with
all sorts of things, negative thinking to prayer.
An easy read, VERY enlightening as to how the brain works.

I remember a statement like we have the capacity to remember
something like 3 million years worth of info....ok, I read it a long time ago, I may be wrong...but
it is a GREAT book!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Experiencer

I am sorry for underestimating President Reagan in matters of Spirituality. It seems I have Exaggerated Notions about spirituality which I would tone down.

My mission is to remove anomalies in FUNDAMENTAL SCIENCE and SPIRITUALITY. It hardly leaves any time for reading a book of this kind and starting a fresh line of research.
Old 28-08-2015, 06:34 PM
celest

Quote:
Prayer do have a psychic dimension yet hugging an empty vault would not fill it with treasure. SIMILARLY eating JUNK Food surely be a prime reason for prevalence of Alzheimer in WEST yet the POSITIVE EFFECT of PRAYER COULD BE SEEN and FELT and cannot be denied.

PRESIDENT REAGAN and the British PM Margaret Thatcher who suffered Alzheimer, had no reason to eat Junk Food or to Pray are example of LIFE devoid of SPIRITUALITY>

Margaret Thatcher was very spiritual and often added quotes of prayer in her speeches, how do you know what foods she ate, just curious ?
Old 28-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Experiencer

I have gone through your signature of Lahiri Mahashya Quote. You See ! Bringing our souls to that level takes several life times. Western Folks have active mind and 'Kriya Yoga' Meditation is a difficult task for them. Western Culture is more suited to sense enjoyment and reading light science. 'SANKHYA YOGA ' or YOGA of ANALYTICAL SCIENCE 'is most suitable for them. In this Yoga System one has to simply study the interrelationship between SOUL, GOD and NATURE without changing the life style. This Knowledge changes destiny and takes one to higher worlds. So I want to popularize this scientific spirituality among them.
Old 28-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Margaret Thatcher was very spiritual and often added quotes of prayer in her speeches, how do you know what foods she ate, just curious ?

Again I am Sorry for diminishing Margaret Thatcher's spirituality. I think I should confine myself to science subjects rather than individuals without doing full research. OK ?
Old 28-08-2015, 06:59 PM
celest

Quote:
Again I am Sorry for diminishing Margaret Thatcher's spirituality. I think I should confine myself to science subjects rather than individuals without doing full research. OK ?

Yes it's not a good idea to name people who you seem to not know very well
Old 29-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Experiencer

I would like to cite my personal experience to highlight power of prayer and LEVELS of GODS.

1. Being afraid of freezing cold I prayed Krishna to keep me warm during my business trip from New Delhi to Allahabad. KRISHNA MADE SUN to SHINE BRIGHTLY SO MUCH SO THAT PEOPLE THERE TAKING OFF their WOOLENS AND FANNING THEMSELVES. KRISHNA BEING THE GOD OF solar system COULD MANIPULATE SUN TO MY ADVANTAGE.

2. I challenged LARGE HADRON COLLIDER Experiment ( 8th Sept 08) for debate on NDTV as its success would have ruined my COSMOLOGY. They denied. Though I did not pray yet GOD FAILED the LHC EXPERIMENT 3 TIMES on HIS OWN to UPHOLD TRUTH. NOW THEY ARE TRYING 4th TIME THAT WOULD ALSO FAIL>

PRAYER HAS GREAT POWER AND THOSE WHO ARE WISE TAKE BENEFIT.