Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-04-2022, 04:57 PM
Knower

Feeling a bit disappointed about soulmate reading

Hi Friends,

Have an issue to discuss with you all.

I had a reading from a psychic regarding soulmate recently.

The reading started off well with positive readings which I enjoyed (like I am destined to meet a soulmate etc.).

But then, the reader started to mention some attributes (traits) of my future soulmate which I didn't really like.

There were some traits which I have already desired in my mind that my ideal soulmate will have.

But it felt saddening when the psychic reader mentioned traits which were not really to my liking.

All my whole life, I was always eager to meet my future soulmate, fantasizing about my soulmate. I am in my mid-thirties and never was in a love relationship before. So, you can guess how excited and eager I will be to meet my future soulmate.

But hearing what the psychic reader said, I kind of feel less interested to meet my soulmate already. Like I can really notice the drop in my interest. It literally felt like a needle has been used to burst a swelling balloon.

Are such things (like soulmate's traits) destined and can't be changed?
Or can I use techniques like manifestation to request for the desired traits in my future soulmate?

I reflected on myself. I felt maybe I am being greedy or ungrateful with what the universe is trying to gift me. I am not sure if I should just accept what the universe wants to give to me. I really feel bothered about this for the past few days. :(

Looking forward to your advices.

PS: I am still immature in my ways and learning to be more mature and wise in life. I am sorry if I mentioned anything that seems rude or insensitive.
Old 22-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Master
Not at all ~ rude and unsensitive : maybe that fleeting feeling of depression your feeling is the change in your soulmate?
Seen as they mirror us?

Maybe they do have the traits you wanted but {holding on to that flame will attract the mate for you with what you like} it’s just LOA… you usually get what you want, even if it’s in the future and your self {in hindsight} makes the mistake of dating another of not the criteria you set attention for .. it will still come about..

That doesn’t mean we should play dice..

Just means what’s better for us.. comfortable..

Shouldn’t give up hope for your dreams and desires ?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-04-2022, 04:59 AM
Experiencer
@spiritualmountain - Personally, I don't think any of this should disappoint or worry you. No matter what the psychic said, when you meet someone you'll either be attracted to each other or you won't. This isn't a trip to the supermarket. You're not choosing between brands. You're finding someone you want to be intimate with. If it doesn't feel right it's not right, and if it does it is. Waiting for it to happen is torture, but it sounds like your wait is almost over. Be happy about that.

I knew a guy once, a disabled virgin in his mid thirties. He wanted a girlfriend, but he insisted that she be a "barbie doll" type - a stunner. Why? I've no idea. It was ridiculous, but that's what he wanted, and nothing less would do. Did he find one? No. He didn't. And that made him very very unhappy.

Don't let what you think you want stand in the way of meeting someone. It's not worth it. Life's too short for that nonsense.
Old 23-04-2022, 06:17 AM
Master

I actually feel that regardless of if a psyhics insights resonate or not, it serves a purpose.

Much like opinions, if you don't feel like you agree with something, it provides an insight into what feels right for you.

Either way, you get to learn more about yourself through your intuition and if something feels off or not and so the path of life goes on.
Old 24-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Experiencer
Very true RedEmbers.

I used to have a trick I'd use to find "the path with heart" for myself. To find what I actually wanted to choose rather than what made sense. I'd set up the choice as an either/or thing and toss a coin. Then I'd know which one was "the path with heart" since I'd be either glad or disappointed by the result.
Old 24-04-2022, 09:21 AM
asearcher

Soulmates are there to trigger you system as well, not just bring sunshine I think. Believe me I have been triggered and I have triggered the soulmates in my life, LOL :)

My luv for instance would ask me if I had some habits while we were dating early on and I did not have those habits but turns out his ex had those habits (my ex also had one of those habits). The difference was it had been something that got under his skin, but with mine it didn't.

Ask yourself maybe why those traits, habits are so much to your dislike? What they stand for? Perhaps you will find it has more to do with you than the habit in itself? Either way you chose how to react, that is not the other person's fault :)

Maybe there is something there you need to learn, that you have asked before you were born to learn more about so you can use that knowledge later on. I see a pattern in mine. I think I was meant to learn about a particular condition as it has reappeared in my life in different forms and now I am in a place where I am acceptance of it and wants to learn about it as much as I can. So one has the ability to turn something negative, and something one does not want any part of, and making it into something positive, for your own sake. It's all what you chose to do with it.
Old 26-04-2022, 05:28 AM
Master
Soulmates are there to promote growth and evolution of the soul. Regardless whether your destiny is to be with your soulmate as the ultimate divine counterpart or not

With that it's inevitable there may be some discomfort in terms of opposite complementary traits

And asearcher is right that soulmates can trigger our system, not just sunshine. Mine does at times although he is a huge source of support in my life

Remember the purpose - Growth and Evolution
Old 26-04-2022, 11:03 AM
Experiencer
You haven't even met this "soulmate" yet. All you're "met" is a bit of disappointment in the psychic's description. That's understandable, but don't get stuck there. Life still beckons, so live your "now" instead of your future. The future can take care of itself. Besides, you can't cross that bridge until you get to it. Your feet aren't there yet, so find your feet and start walking.

And smile. You're alive. Smell the roses. Enjoy it!
Old 30-04-2022, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Never mind what any psychic tells you. If you are meant to find your soul mate you will,
Follow your heart.
you have an Intuition use it to help you determine if the person is right or wrong for you.

Namaste
Old 01-05-2022, 08:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Take things with a grain of salt. If one focuses so much on what the psychic said then one might miss the opportunity when it presents itself. Expectations creates disappointment since one creates an idea of this "person" in their mind which tend to not match up with who that person actually is. See things with an open mind with no expectations and see where it leads. I hope you find what you're looking for.