Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
one feather

long distant relationships

hi and im in a new long distant relationship, we have known eachother seven months before we met and we have been together a month, she lives about three hours away in the midlands and we can see eachother every fortnight or month, my question is has anybody had a long distance relationship before and do they last? also has anyone any tips please one feather
Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Tiy

Hey one feather.

I think long distance relationships can work...it just all depends on the individuals involved.

I myself have had a couple but they didn't work out...mainly down to me not being ready for a relationship I think (quite happy being a batty old spinster now and can't see that changing in the foreseeable future! lol) But then again I know of people who have made it work. A friend of mine had a long distance relationship with someone they met online...they are now engaged and are getting married next year....

So like I said...It's an individual thing...each relationsihp is different like each person is different...if it is meant to work it will irrespective of how far apart you are.

I wish you all the luck in the world with this and I'm pleased you are happy...being happy....that's the main thing.

Hugs x
Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 PM
nickmellor33

wow! when you said long distance i thought you meant different countries, but being a couple of hours away shouldnt make any difference if you love each other , i had a very long distance relationship a few years ago , i was in notts and she was in north carolina usa and we managed to last over a year and a half and we didnt split up because of the distance ..........

we took it in turns to travel to see each other which worked quite well.......if you have a car then you should be able to vist often but if not you could get a national express which are quite cheap ....
Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
e-ma

Hello, I'm new, but yep, i have to say I agree, long-distance relationships can work. I was seperated from my Aussie boyfriend for about six months once - he was in Australia and I was in the UK, and our relationship was generally filled with travelling and arrangements and plans. It was fine and the distance didn't seem to do us any harm. In fact, it can be quite interesting, finding different ways to communicate whilst you are apart, it can actually bring you closer together. Writing letters and sending presents and photos, and emailing and phoning can be cool, and you get to find out stuff about the other's personality that maybe you wouldn't otherwise.

And I just remembered - my brother and his girl currently live in opposite ends of the country - they both have Skype and a webcam and they spend hours talking every night over the net.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:58 AM
one feather

Smile long distance relationships

hi everyone n thanks for the that as i needed to hear something on the subject, i said about three hours but it took four n a half for my partner to get home cause of traffic n i just meant that we cant nip round to eachothers houses for a cuddle n hmmm well you know (wink) n its like torture sometimes as other people who see eachother a lot at the beginning and are all over eachother, we both have commitments and that means we can only see eachother once a fortnight or so but who knows maybe in the future n we are still together then maybe one of us could move to where the other one is, sounds good that, n thanks again folks, if i run into difficulty or i have another question then ill come back and ask you. many spiritual thanks n blessings one feather
Old 14-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Lady Raven

I am currently in a long distance relationship. I live in the USA, he lives in the UK. We met online and are doing well! He's in the UK army and I will be going to college soon, so hopefully after we finish those things, we can finally meet. Yes, it is hard to go through life and not be able to do normal things that regular couples do, but we toughen it out because we like each other so much. Besides, I love british accents! I can hardly wait to hear his!!!
Old 14-08-2006, 10:56 AM
one feather

hi lady raven n thankyou for that, me and my partner have been talking and we are taking things really slow to start with so there is no rush, i got a bit carried away as i have never had a long distance before and found it hard to begin with but now im back on track and i can see the benefits of it now n like nat says it makes the heart grow fonder and we have all the time in the world to get to know eachother, i wish you well with yours lady raven o.f
Old 14-08-2006, 08:55 PM
auricman

my girlfriend lives just under 200 miles away and things are great for us, we only get to see eachother about every 2 months which is really hard, but if its ment to be it will last like it is for me, ive been with my girlfriend for a year and 5 months and things are great
Old 16-08-2006, 10:07 AM
one feather

hi auricman, its round about the same distance as us and we see eachother once a month or so so it sounds pretty much the same, we had been talking for about seven months before we met then we got together properly on 7th july when we met n i know she is worth it, mabe right down the line in six or twelve months we might want to see eachother more often then i would consider moving to be nearer her or mabe her to me, wish you well one feather
Old 17-08-2006, 08:24 PM
violetmay

I lived 200 miles away from my partner when I met him. We took it in turns to visit each other. After 4 months he asked me to live with him. I did after 6.

I hated being apart from him and not being able to just nip in car and drive locally to see him. I worried as did he that there might be someone local filling in on days we were not together. We missed each other terribly.

We just had to get together. That was 6 years ago. It was whirlwind, upon reflection we could have taken some more time to think about some aspects of our lives, but on the whole I know I have met the love of my life. Even if we don't always see eye to eye.

Good luck with yours.. you'll know what to do and when. You can keep it long distance for as long as your needs say, but there will come a point when being together wins. big hugxxxx
Closed Thread