Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-05-2012, 05:39 PM
mac

card readings et al

Recently I've been trying to get a handle on card reading, crystal ball etc. Wikipedia suggests something like the following: “Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the enquirer. Some believe they are guided by a spiritual force, while others believe the cards help them tap into a collective unconscious or their own creative, brainstorming subconscious.” I'd guess there'll be something similar for other forms of reading.

I'm not interested in the mechanism of readings but I'd like to hear what practitioners feel they are doing, the source of any information acquired. I'd also like to hear what enquirers felt about the readings they've had and where they thought any information came from. Additionally I'd like to learn what benefit practitioners feel they are providing and what recipients feel they received.

Plenty to go at!
Old 14-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Recently I've been trying to get a handle on card reading, crystal ball etc. Wikipedia suggests something like the following: “Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the enquirer. Some believe they are guided by a spiritual force, while others believe the cards help them tap into a collective unconscious or their own creative, brainstorming subconscious.” I'd guess there'll be something similar for other forms of reading.

I'm not interested in the mechanism of readings but I'd like to hear what practitioners feel they are doing, the source of any information acquired. I'd also like to hear what enquirers felt about the readings they've had and where they thought any information came from. Additionally I'd like to learn what benefit practitioners feel they are providing and what recipients feel they received.

Plenty to go at!

I feel that the information comes from my guides.. thats what allows me to know what is going on even though I have no personal information about an individual.

When I provide a reading I believe it helps them to focus on problem areas so they can work and prefect those areas.

The past lives reading was done to help an individual to see why they have certain ways and or characteristics.. For me its confirmation that we dont change drastically over time.. who we were in our past lives we are still pretty much the same individual today.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 14-05-2012, 09:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
I feel that the information comes from my guides.. thats what allows me to know what is going on even though I have no personal information about an individual.

When I provide a reading I believe it helps them to focus on problem areas so they can work and prefect those areas.

The past lives reading was done to help an individual to see why they have certain ways and or character...............

thanks - I think I follow.
Old 14-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Quintessence

For the most part, I think the question of where the information comes from is irrelevant. I base my assessments on results. Makes no difference if the information is from the Spirit of the divinatory tool I'm using, a Pagan god, the god of the Jews, or space aliens. Whatever. Useful is useful.
Old 14-05-2012, 10:47 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
For the most part, I think the question of where the information comes from is irrelevant. I base my assessments on results. Makes no difference if the information is from the Spirit of the divinatory tool I'm using, a Pagan god, the god of the Jews, or space aliens. Whatever. Useful is useful.

So you're telling us you don't have any experience as either a reader or a recipient/enquirer then....?
Old 14-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Malthoruk

I'm still rather new to doing readings, only had my cards for about two months now, but I feel the information is coming from my own power. When I first got my cards I channeled my energy into them so they would be attuned with my energy so that when I do readings it is out of my own power. And so far they have never proven me wrong. When I've done readings on some close friends the reading was never very far off from the truth. So I trust in my readings whenever I do them.
Old 15-05-2012, 01:29 AM
CathyO

Whenever I use my cards I always ask for my guides as well as the guides and angels of those I am reading for to come through to show me the necessary cards for the situation the person is inquirying about.
I also always ground myself before beginning and put love into the cards.
I believe they are a nice tool to help you look into the future or an aspect of your current self that may be helpful to the person I am reading for.
Old 15-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
So you're telling us you don't have any experience as either a reader or a recipient/enquirer then....?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you meaning to suggest that I have never actually practiced divination for myself and/or for others? I have done both. I do have some personal opinions on "where" the information comes from, I just ultimately think it is irrelevant compared to how useful the information is to me or the querent. I can't prove where the information is coming from. The usefulness? That's tangible/provable.
Old 15-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Neville

Hello mac,

I believe that when I used to read Tarot. I used my own

Quote:
creative, brainstorming subconscious.

Along with some intuition and inspiration, The source of which may well be a ;

Quote:
tap into a collective unconscious

in addition

Quote:
guided by a spiritual force,

I don't think One process alone governed my readings, rather many forces were at work in their production.
Old 15-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Master
Mac, replied in the "other place"