Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-08-2011, 05:21 AM
angel6m2000

Hidden spirituality in another?

Can someone be spiritual without knowing what spirituality is?

I ask because my boyfriend always seems to be so aware and in the present moment. He has certain beliefs that I wouldn't agree with but he still has beliefs. We were talking the other day about heaven and hell and he doesn't believe in a hell but does in heaven. He seems very in tune but I don't think he realizes it.

Also, if there is a way to know, is there a way to show them they are without actual saying it?

Thank you.
Old 29-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Docha

I vote yes, I was married to a psychic aethiest, or he had a great way to lie about his dreams...lol

I've run into many people who have abilities or spiritual outlooks yet explain it away with logic because that is what's comfortable.

You can nudge them all you want. But you can't make tjem see if they don't look. Accept them as they are. They still have inner wisdom and light or love.
Old 29-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Topology

Yes you can be Aware without being Aware of Being Aware. Awareness has nothing to do with beliefs, apart from eroding them if one begins to challenge their own beliefs honestly.
Old 29-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000

I ask because my boyfriend always seems to be so aware and in the present moment. He has certain beliefs that I wouldn't agree with but he still has beliefs. We were talking the other day about heaven and hell and he doesn't believe in a hell but does in heaven. He seems very in tune but I don't think he realizes it.

Also, if there is a way to know, is there a way to show them they are without actual saying it?

Thank you.

I reckon someone should have the courage to throw away 'the book', but then sure as a cat's a hairy creature someone else will come along and write another one. 'Spirituality is this, Spirituality is that, Spirituality is.....' While people are busily defining what Spirituality is they're not really seeing what it really is. Spirituality is all of these things, Spirituality is what it is to you, me, him in the corner and the one who is adamant they are not Spiritual.

I don't think you need to be showing him what Spirituality is because he is showing you what his Spirituality is. Forget the definitions and throw 'the book' out of the window. See another perspective on Spirituality (his) and embrace yours even more by being open to what you can learn from it.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Eudaimonist

My recommendation isn't to impose your own expectations of spirituality on anyone else, such as calling oneself "spiritual". Spiritual paths can differ. Let them grow as they are, since they are clearly doing something right.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 29-08-2011, 10:06 AM
mattie

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
My recommendation isn't to impose your own expectations of spirituality on anyone else, such as calling oneself "spiritual". Spiritual paths can differ. Let them grow as they are, since they are clearly doing something right. ...

Very good advice.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:11 AM
mattie

Why Is His Not Calling Himself Spiritual An Issue?

It is very significant that he has moved out of the fear of hell.

Why do you have the need for him to call himself ‘spiritual.’ It is OK for him not to do so.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000
It's impossible to not be spiritual, angel. We're all "spirtual beings" from the same spirit source. Our being in various states and stages of individual awakeness to that knowledge doesn't change that fact.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:32 AM
SilverDragonfly

This......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I reckon someone should have the courage to throw away 'the book', but then sure as a cat's a hairy creature someone else will come along and write another one. 'Spirituality is this, Spirituality is that, Spirituality is.....' While people are busily defining what Spirituality is they're not really seeing what it really is. Spirituality is all of these things, Spirituality is what it is to you, me, him in the corner and the one who is adamant they are not Spiritual.

I don't think you need to be showing him what Spirituality is because he is showing you what his Spirituality is. Forget the definitions and throw 'the book' out of the window. See another perspective on Spirituality (his) and embrace yours even more by being open to what you can learn from it.
....is a definition that works very well for me. For me, spirituality is directly related to my personal experiences and unless I'm writing one of those books(not), how can I explain it to others, or even show them how to define their own.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the last paragraph. So, maybe the less said about it, the better.
Old 30-08-2011, 02:17 AM
angel6m2000

I see where all of you are coming from. For a while I thought that you had to be aware that you are aware in order to be aware, but now I see that maybe he is aware and spiritual but chooses to show it in a way that works for him. I do accept his beliefs and opinions, as I do everyone else's. And I now see that he will learn and grow in spirituality at his own pace. I was just thinking that maybe talking about my spiritual beliefs would help him grow, as I know hearing and learning of other people's helps me grow and helps me adapt them into my own beliefs if I choose to do so.

Thank you guys. =)