Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
OK my own experience at this point is pushing me totally toward being open to al things but not actively persuing .......that & allowing heart to light the way I am having no interplay in areas of goal setting or otherwise it seems to be at cross purposes with my acceptance of self

I'm not sure what you said but it sounds like your goal is fully accepting yourself. eh?

Accepting does not being passive, but has a different quality of allowing yourself to be as you are, including maybe having a goal here and there... until they're no longer needed.

One of my mottos: Accepting is the key to getting free.

Freedom has long been my goal.

Xan

Old 23-08-2011, 04:17 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Honestly I think self acceptance would realize that you are lazy, are ambitious, are calm, nervous, etc. That the self is ever changing as emotions and thoughts are.

So you're never truely defined as one thing. If you are you're in denial...no?

Yeah D from my limited experience is there is constant shifting but an underlying sense of wonder ...so again doesn't self acceptance lead you naturally anyway....I may be changing the course of this or it might mutate ....whatever
Old 23-08-2011, 04:22 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

I'm not sure what you said but it sounds like your goal is fully accepting yourself. eh?

Accepting does not being passive, but has a different quality of allowing yourself to be as you are, including maybe having a goal here and there... until they're no longer needed.

One of my mottos: Accepting is the key to getting free.

Freedom has long been my goal.

Xan

No way...you know me better than that.......self acceptance is an approach to me... a way of being ...to have a goal of self acceptance installs a middle man ....its the setting of goals in a spiritual practice that I am queationing...
Old 23-08-2011, 04:28 AM
nightowl

Quote:
....its the setting of goals in a spiritual practice that I am queationing...

This to me is not necessary, just let what comes to you give you direction, I think goals in spiritual matters can be misleading...

nightowl
Old 23-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Master
Well then... you have a goal of having no goals?

How about instead of a 'goal' you have a clear intention. That's a good term for 'the direction you want to go ahead in'... without the mindi-ness of 'goal'.

Without clear intention there's just meandering.

Xan

Old 23-08-2011, 04:34 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

How about instead of a 'goal' you have a clear intention. That's a good term for 'the direction you want to go ahead in'... without the mindi-ness of 'goal'.

Xan

No we're still not on the money.......but thats OK .........
Old 23-08-2011, 04:39 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan

I like this Xan...I guess I am just missing what is being sought, sorry not human

nightowl
Old 23-08-2011, 04:42 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I like this Xan...I guess I am just missing what is being sought, sorry not human

nightowl

Its fine Owl ......limitations of a public school education
Old 23-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Master
So....not to beat the horse even deader... what would be on the money for you?

Are you saying that your spiritual sense has no direction the mind can identify?

Or that you want that direction to come from a higher level than goals and even intention do?

Or, like me, do you have a sense that you are being lead on... and on... and you seem to get to choose to surrender into what is inevitable?

Xan

Old 23-08-2011, 04:47 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Its fine Owl ......limitations of a public school education

hmmmm...okayyyy??????