Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2011, 08:55 AM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
Maybe it is possible the method of finding the thoughts that bring up feelings of fear could work to make people feel peaceful and neutral. Perhaps. I don't know. But I cannot agree that you personally are always in a state of peace, joy, love, or bliss. I mean, if you fully realized what you suggest, then you would not feel motivation to, for example, tell someone who appears to be a cult recruiter in all caps that their post is a disgrace to spirituality. That's not a silent observer.

I don't like cults either. But I know I am not always in a state of peace, joy, love, or bliss. I feel that surge of anger and a fear that people on here might be influenced to join something that could be harmful to them. Which according to this theory would mean something is not right with what my mind is thinking. Perhaps I could eliminate the anger and fear that arise when I see that sort of thing by changing some of my thinking. Maybe. But are the thoughts I would have to change or eliminate in order to achieve that really wrong in the first place? My body doesn't like what my mind is thinking, sure. I don't think that means the thought is necessarily inaccurate from a personal perspective.

Sure, from the perspective of my eternal being cults are nothing to be angry over or concerned about. But the being that is the consciousness of this particular body-mind here naturally sees something to be angry over and concerned about. This self of this being exists. The consciousness of the self of this being experiences the subjective state of anger and fear.
I think it is funny how you generalize me entirely based on one post. You imagine what a person in peace, joy, love, and bliss feels like. You make mind identification about it. Who says one cannot be entitled to an interpretation with something that offended me. You let your emotions get involved based on another post and hear the numbers 100% and always feeling a way based on another post. You assumed, when truth be told you have no idea. Your half way across the world and telling me how I feel. You drew judgement upon me. Now your anger got the better of you. Your angry with me. I love you. Just like I love that other guy I just strongly disagree with the thread in spiritual forums. You assumed, base on one post missing the whole point of this post. You judged me. How immature is that. I stick with my words. If you would look throughout all my posts throughout the whole course of me joining this forum you would see. Actions speak louder than words, and you are going to let one post draw judgement on me. by the way, you thought I was angry when I made that post. I wasn't angry at all. Peace.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
The Body/mind relationship

This is how it works.
The mind may think one thing, the body another. If the body doesn't like what the mind is thinking you get a fear response. The very first warning signal that your body will give you to let you know it doesn't like what the mind is thinking is a tingling sensation on the top of your head. Like hairs stick up on your head. That's the first warning signal. Pay attention to them. Your body will lead you to the truth about the minds insanity. It will. But you have to recognize the fact that it's your body letting you know, hey stop thinking this way, it's not right.
What the BODY DOESN'T REALIZE is that if it gives a fear response to a thought it doesn't like, it will manifest into more of the SAME THOUGHTS! The body yet again gives another fear response to the repeated thoughts, just further manifesting.
The body and mind are not intelligent. They don't have the wisdom to know the difference. But you do! The best thing you can do is be aware of it. Who are you when you are observing this phenomena? You are your Being(soul, Source within). The silent observer. You may start laughing
out of complete sanity. It gets humoring and funny observing the insanity the body, mind relationship have.

I personally am always in a state of peace, joy, love, or bliss. I observe what goes on through my body and mind. Then you think wow, I'm aware. I'm aware of awareness! You see? Observation is key in spirituality. Eckhart Tolle has this 100% correct. If someone feels defensive because I said 100% truth. Don't bother commenting on that. It's pointless and leads nowhere. You will either agree or disagree. Please no controversy over 100%. Peace.

Peace,
Moke

Hi moke..this may be so for yourself but is not so for me (re black print). That would mean that we have another "different strokes for different folks" thing.

Old 22-08-2011, 09:32 AM
moke64916

Arive nan I love you. I love everyone. I respect the fact that you shared. Your entitled to your opinion. It made you angry, but that's normal. I say forget and love. I don't get bothered by your post. I just smile reading your post. Love is powerful. I don't care about the issue. The past is the past, and I just want you to know that I love you.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Hi moke..this may be so for yourself but is not so for me (re black print). That would mean that we have another "different strokes for different folks" thing.

Inquiring minds want to know ;)
Old 22-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Master
Docha...for me it means spirit near and in contact
Old 22-08-2011, 09:39 AM
moke64916

What is your experiences with mind, body interaction? I'm interested in your experiences.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Master
is that question directed at me or someone else moke?
Old 22-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Do you agree or disagree with what I said? That simple.

It's not quite that simple. How are you defining "body" here? How do you know that something is coming from your "body" and not your mind, and vice-versa?

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 22-08-2011, 10:36 AM
moke64916

Through observation. Your thoughts trigger an emotional response that comes from body. I've observed it over and over again. If you have fear for example. You feel it physically. That is an emotion from body and happens because of thought. When you give emotion to your thoughts they manifest. If you feel an anxiety signal, its your body letting you know that it doesn't like what the mind is thinking. Body/mind trigger manifestations. Your emotion is your bodies response to what your mind is thinking basically. Vis-Vera(I used it in the wrong context) as in the body likes what the mind is thinking, and it triggers a positive response and positive thoughts.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Topology

Moke, it's interesting that before anyone raised it, you were already having to fend off objections to the use of 100%. Could it be that you have internal disagreement with yourself? It is a bold claim, but perhaps it is also brash and you know it because you had to defend yourself to yourself.

My metric and sense of rightness with thought comes in many many ways. An internal sense of confusion, not understanding, frustration, cloudiness, etc. All of these things indicate a lack of clear understanding. I can support arrive nan in that I feel anger is justified emotional response, a righteous wrath, to witnessing a violation to the Sacred. In this sense anger is not a negative emotion. And just as a point of difference, I experience my emotional movements, even my thoughts, in my chest.