Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2011, 10:39 PM
de.spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi de.Spin,

I like how you clearly separate small "m" "meditation" from big "M" Meditation. That's exactly what I mean also. Techniques (as in Osho's THE BOOK OF SECRETS) and the actual experience are two completely different things - apples and oranges.

It sounds like you have experienced lots of the "m" and none of the "M". Meditation as a state of being ("M") is an extraordinary experience and transforms your consciousness of yourself, your life, your world, your destiny - everything. It is not a "nothing" in the sense of a non-experience. It is a huge experience. It is "nothing" only in the sense of being a realm of formlessness - "No Thing". You make it sound as if "no-thing" is "no fun" - which tells me you have yet to experience this yourself.

In my own experience and readings, true Meditation does not happen until Kundalini is awakened in the Sushumna. Not all Masters teach this and not all traditions even acknowledge its existence, yet I speak from personal experience, as well as Eastern teachings, when I say this is so.

But a meditation practice can bring many benefits even before the big "M" experience takes place. Between small "m" and big "M" there are intermediate "m's". Besides stress relief and relaxation which you mentioned, which is a superficial level of experience as the ego starts to gradually distance itself from the physical body, moving deeper through the mind we reach spaces of insight and transformational healing and beyond that into subconscious and superconscious and even glimpses of cosmic conscious awareness, expansion of self-concept, more empowerment, and beyond that, stepping beyond mind itself, towards the ultimate experience that Osho spoke about. The intermediate steps are also useful milestones and worthy of practice. Although you gave up on it - and I can't blame you if after 15 years nothing was happening for you, I'm sure all the self-discipline you did will bring you grace when the time is ready if you sincerely want to know all that you are. Sincere desire is the key even if your way is not bhakti yoga (devotion) - that and the awakening of the spiritual life force within.

The way of techniques is not my path. Kundalini awakened spontaneously within me and guides me from within as to what I need to do - on a daily and moment to moment basis. Techniques may be used or not, but without that inner spark of inspiration and guidance, they fall flat. The way yoga is taught in popular culture for example is little more than gymnastics. When the sushumna is awakened it's a whole different experience.

Things unfolded for me when I stopped. It has been so painful to accept the nothingness. No m and no M.