Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-07-2011, 02:10 PM
moke64916

No we see things 3D otherwise we wouldn't see depth. 2D would be like squares with no depth when looking at things. We see everything and our laws of physics in our world is 3D is up, down, left, right.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Master
we see in 2d. when you look at the moon it's a circle, a 2d object. to know it's a sphere, you have to use time by going around it.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:32 PM
moke64916

look at the moon with a telescope you'll see the depth as well. The circle. It is 3D. I don't know where you get your information to draw a conclusion like that. When your at your faucet you see the spout and the depth. If it were 2D you would see the faucet and the sink without any depth. Truth is we see things in 3 Dimensions. We live in a 3 dimensional world. There is no point in arguing, because science is science. We see 3D. That is a fact. Look up on wikipedia 2 D and 3 D. Your analogies don't make since.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Sentientno1

It is odd and a little strange but yet also familair, that as time goes on i am seeing things less in 3D.

The objects i 'see' stand out less from the background as a definition FROM background. The only way i can account for this is there is less interpretation by the body mind as to what is being percieved, and more of what is commonly called oness awareness 'leaking' thru.

i am reminded ( maybe because i am an artist ) of a computer program known as 'paintshop pro" where one uses overlays that can be controled as to opacity or transparency.
Old 30-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
look at the moon with a telescope you'll see the depth as well. The circle. It is 3D. I don't know where you get your information to draw a conclusion like that. When your at your faucet you see the spout and the depth. If it were 2D you would see the faucet and the sink without any depth. Truth is we see things in 3 Dimensions. We live in a 3 dimensional world. There is no point in arguing, because science is science. We see 3D. That is a fact. Look up on wikipedia 2 D and 3 D. Your analogies don't make since.

you can make a 2d perspective showing depths in a sheet of paper. to actually feel the depth you gotta go there. you wont make distinction just by looking.

if you can really see in depth and in 3d , you should be able to see the back of your monitor. but you can't, you have to go around it or rotate it towards you to see its entire 3D shape / depth.

you only think you see in 3d because you have pre-imaged an object to be 3d, but your eyes only see 2d at a time.

Old 30-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Tysklar

Hello, hybrid and Sentient.

moke.
We see 2D. The only way to see 3D is to be omnipresent and see something from all angles at the same time.
We only see what is facing us individually. But, life in all its incarnations as a Whole, connected self-realising Consciousness We see from all angles.

As Fauna we have two eyes so we can perceive the depth of something by the focus of our eyes and how much they cross.
Cover one eye and you'll loose some sense of depth and scale.

*Our Third Eye, the pineal gland is what sees the mental projection of the other side of what We look at with our external eyes.
Old 30-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
we see in 2d. when you look at the moon it's a circle, a 2d object. to know it's a sphere, you have to use time by going around it.

Hiya hybrid (and all)

I'm really curious because I don't know much about the subject so if this question comes across like I'm being facetious, I'm not.

2d is up/down/left/right - is that correct? If so, what is the 'thing' where I know from just looking that my monitor is closer to me than the wall behind it. Is that something I've learned rather than inherently know? I know I can be tricked (optical illusions and the like).

If anyone else wishes to jump in and enlighten me, feel free.

Squatch
Old 30-07-2011, 04:01 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
you can make a 2d perspective showing depths in a sheet of paper. to actually feel the depth you gotta go there. you wont make distinction just by looking.

if you can really see in depth and in 3d , you should be able to see the back of your monitor. but you can't, you have to go around it or rotate it towards you to see its entire 3D shape / depth.

you only think you see in 3d because you have pre-imaged an object to be 3d, but your eyes only see 2d at a time.

Whatever you say man. Yeah everything is in 2D. . Your right and science and common sense is wrong. And to see the back of the computer screen isn't 3D at all. Just the fact that you can see to the left of your computer and see that the wall is further away than the computer tells me that you see 3D. Or the car in front of you driving. Or the fact that you can look at a cone and tell that it has curves in it. Left, right, up and down is 3D. Seeing the back of your computer screen from the front wouldn't be 3D, but a higher dimension than that.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:04 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya hybrid (and all)

I'm really curious because I don't know much about the subject so if this question comes across like I'm being facetious, I'm not.

2d is up/down/left/right - is that correct? If so, what is the 'thing' where I know from just looking that my monitor is closer to me than the wall behind it. Is that something I've learned rather than inherently know? I know I can be tricked (optical illusions and the like).

Squatch
3D is up, Down, left, right. And the fact that you can see things to a degree of depth is all 3D. We see and live in a 3D world.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Tysklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya hybrid (and all)

Squatch

One's in focus the other isn't, the monitor or the wall. The image in each eye is also out of phase, in the out of focus object. Which way they are out of phase and the severity gives us a clue how far it is and gives us our perception of depth.