Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
One thing that has bothered me for a while is that in this general tf "concept" people believe it's from the Divine, it's about love, etc... yet I see people that suffer, feel haunted, can let go, can't have a relationship with someone else.. none of that sounds like it's from the Divine to me.

Well said. Seriously, if you believe that your divinity - whatever it may be - has created a connection to your very soul, the one perfect thing we all agree divinity bestows upon us, that causes you obsession, pain, and loneliness then, your divinity is kind of a jerk, and not very divine, wouldn't you say? I mean, I don't expect life to be all Skittles and chips, but I do expect the divine who created my soul, the soul that divinity is hoping I improve and bring back to it, to be on my side. I can't believe in any type of god that toys with our souls or navigates our free will.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherKnowsAll
Well said. Seriously, if you believe that your divinity - whatever it may be - has created a connection to your very soul, the one perfect thing we all agree divinity bestows upon us, that causes you obsession, pain, and loneliness then, your divinity is kind of a jerk, and not very divine, wouldn't you say? I mean, I don't expect life to be all Skittles and chips, but I do expect the divine who created my soul, the soul that divinity is hoping I improve and bring back to it, to be on my side. I can't believe in any type of god that toys with our souls or navigates our free will.
Can't help but say that it sounds like you mix up religious beliefs and TF concept.
It has nothing to do with divinity bestowing something upon you whatsoever. It has to do with you as a person, as a Soul, being ready after many life times for a higher form of love and relationship. So it says something about your own development and where you are on your path.

That's also one of the ways you can tell someone isn't there yet, based on their writing, thinking, actions and behaviour. For most it isn't congruent with a more evolved Soul meaning they can't be TFs yet either.
I really don't see how divinity comes into this with bestowing things upon you that are unpleasant.
The blaming of the Divine or God is a typical thing people tend to do when their life isn't working out to well.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I just feel like this is a story being told to people to make real life relationships into some Disney princess movie version and that it is unrealistic and unattainable. I mean, the odds of two twin souls meeting up through millennia in a world of billions and billions of people over eons of time, astronomical doesn't even begin to cover it. I think this is a later day hype that is being dished out because the grand traditional romances of the past, Nanny and Grandad type stuff, are seen as antiquated and unenlightened, and the real life marriages of our life times have mostly ended in divorce and bitterness, and we are searching for a better, more real, real love. A better and more permanent relationship, or mate. And the fact is, nothing has changed. We are the same humans with the same needs that we were in the 1700's and the 1900's and the 2000's. We treat each other differently because our society allows us to, for good and for bad. Loving someone totally is a decision. Staying married, mated, committed, whatever you call it, is a choice. There are a lot of men in this world, and I dated my share of them. The available men did not cease to exist when I got married, I just ceased to take advantage of their availability. It was a choice. We have been together for 25 years. The choice to stay together has not always been easy, but it was very definitely a choice we worked at, NOT a divine connection or anything of the sort. Saying that it was destined by split souls or mated consciousnesses or anything so esoteric negates the very real life sweat and muscle that goes in to a real time relationship. There will be no magic cosmic connections, there will be people worth consciously choosing to stay with and relationships worth sacrificing and fighting for.

I'm not sure where all this romanticizing marriage started, maybe in hollywood and movies. The original institute of marriage was a slave agreement for most families. The woman agreed to the slavery because it's not like she had many options. There weren't many careers she could just go do, unless she was ok with being a prostitute. If you were in a wealthy family you were married off to your brother or cousin with the intent of preserving the bloodline. It was all about keeping the bloodline, had nothing to do with love.

The relationship you described is a typical relationship that most people experience, even people who stay married for a long period of time. I don't think that people are a soul connection just because they stay married for a long time. I don't think soul connections have anything to do with marriage per se. Even with a soul connection it's still a choice. It's always a choice. But that doesn't mean that soul connections don't happen, just that the meaning has become construed. It doesn't seem like the majority of people ever really meet a soul connection, and that's just based on my experience with people. But you because you haven't experienced something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Knower

I think it is funny that whenever I make any negative statement that I am told that I am 'just not enlightened enough' to understand.

Look around at how many people claim master status on their profile, and how many say 'you just can't understand this, because you haven't worked as hard as me, had an awakening, balanced your chakras, stood on your head in the rain, etc.' Half of the posts comment that someone wasn't or isn't as spiritually developed as the poster. And half of the advice is 'what you seek is rare, you may not have it, of course, I do...'

Maybe I don't 'understand' all of this for an entirely different reason?

Anyone who is truly open minded and enlightened would listen to a differing opinion with more of a reply that 'you aren't as good as me so what I think it beyond your grasp'.

Basically, what you are saying is - I don't want to discuss the nuts and bolts of the concept in any type of intellectual way, I just want to hear how spiritually gifted I am from other people who think the exact same things as me.

This is apparently a support group, not a forum.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I'm not sure where all this romanticizing marriage started, maybe in hollywood and movies. The original institute of marriage was a slave agreement for most families.

True. I always blame Disney, lol. Marriage had always been a contract, and agreement. You decide and then you do it. This bonding romance bright lights hunk a burning love thing does occur, but it isn't the holy grail to living a great life. And if you are getting ready (not 'you' I mean anyone....) to say that you never meant that it was, that it was what you are striving for, then read this Forum. Read these posts. That IS EXACTLY what the posters are saying in the largest percent. I met my twin flame, then he broke up with me, then I met the person I now know is my twin flame I was mistaken before, but maybe this new person I met is actually my twin flame and this is a false flame and maybe I get to have more than one twin flame maybe I get 48 or 12 or 144,000. I actually READ all the posts. I read them to hear the poster, not to think up the next thing I intend to share about myself (because I got nothing here). I also read all over the net everything I could find on TF. I see a lot of sadness, lost hope, loneliness and fear here. This is not a reality based existence to be searching for. Happiness is made, love is nurtured, people work together to have a happy home life. I just keep seeing posters crushed by this image of something supernatural and I want to discuss it, argue about it, get to the building blocks of what is wrong there and hear about it. That is "Forum" to me. If no one is willing to defend the idea with anything more than 'you just know' and you aren't enlightened enough' I will stop talking to people.

JRO - please do not feel I directed this post specifically at you! As I said, I meant 'you' as a universal, and not a singular, even though I used your quote that I admired.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Can't help but say that it sounds like you mix up religious beliefs and TF concept.
It has nothing to do with divinity bestowing something upon you whatsoever. It has to do with you as a person, as a Soul, being ready after many life times for a higher form of love and relationship. So it says something about your own development and where you are on your path.

But, if not seeking perfection in ones soul, in attainment of the divine, what is the point of the journey? You are seeking to perfect your soul? enlighten you conscious? to what end? by what directive? designed by who?

I think it has everything to do with divinity and the concept of, because it has to do with the soul, and whether or not it has been paired, split or connected to another, for the purpose of enlightenment. Where to you think your soul came from, if not from a divinity, and where do you think it is going, if not back to its source? In your explanation, it sounds like a prize you get after so many successful trips thru through the maze. Do you really believe that it is just a matter of time and study and has nothing to do with the divinity of the soul and the souls connection to divinity?

That is a serious question. All of them, serious questions.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Newbie ;)

All I can speak to is my own experience. When your TF tells you that "he has known he since before time" and that "we were truly one" and it *felt* that way, even when you are no longer together, what else do you call that? It may be romantic drivel, or fantasy, or wishful thinking, but that doesn't make it any less real.
As a woman not married to my TF, in a 40 year marriage, having received news of my TF's death, I can say only that I don't know anything... only the emotion, the love, the wholeness felt with the so-called TF is unlike anything I have experienced. Even with my beloved husband. But maybe that's the nature of marriage...
Old 03-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Empress
All I can speak to is my own experience. When your TF tells you that "he has known he since before time" and that "we were truly one" and it *felt* that way, even when you are no longer together, what else do you call that? It may be romantic drivel, or fantasy, or wishful thinking, but that doesn't make it any less real.
As a woman not married to my TF, in a 40 year marriage, having received news of my TF's death, I can say only that I don't know anything... only the emotion, the love, the wholeness felt with the so-called TF is unlike anything I have experienced. Even with my beloved husband. But maybe that's the nature of marriage...

I think what you are describing is beautiful and may very well be the real deal, but it is in a short minority here. Many post feelings of being controlled by their TF relationship, and it has made them unhappy, ruined their relationships, etc. That the voices disturb their thought, overpower them, cause depression, bad dreams, etc. I guess I am fixated on that. You proved that you can walk away from a TF, have a great life, re-meet them without going around the twist, love other people and survive without them. (I read your post in another thread.) You retained your 'you ness' and your control over your life, you didn't let it make choices for you, you were not 'along for the ride'. I guess I am trying to get a handle on why the unhappy people don't just walk away.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Experiencer

I met my twin flame 3 years ago and I failed the test that the universe gave me regarding love and compassion. We don't talk anymore I moved on but I learned a lot about myself and why I incarnated here. I don't chase or long. I will see them in another life. I met a soulmate now where I have faced the same challenges I had with my twin. The famous psychic Edgar Cayce talked about twins. He knew his though they were not together nor were they meant to be in that life. I don't think twin flames are as you described.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I think what you are describing is beautiful and may very well be the real deal, but it is in a short minority here. Many post feelings of being controlled by their TF relationship, and it has made them unhappy, ruined their relationships, etc. That the voices disturb their thought, overpower them, cause depression, bad dreams, etc. I guess I am fixated on that. You proved that you can walk away from a TF, have a great life, re-meet them without going around the twist, love other people and survive without them. (I read your post in another thread.) You retained your 'you ness' and your control over your life, you didn't let it make choices for you, you were not 'along for the ride'. I guess I am trying to get a handle on why the unhappy people don't just walk away.
TheMotherKnowsAll,
I completely agree with you. Maybe it's an unwillingness to take responsibility for their own lives...? I don't know, and that's partly why I am here, trying to understand it all!
My TF and I were certainly not mature enough to figure all of this out in our twenties. I think we would have been great together ten years later, but I had enough self-respect *not* to try to hold on to him; he didn't want to be with me at 23, and I didn't want anyone who didn't want me with 100% of himself. I can look back and know that he was just a red-blooded, testosterone driven sexy young guy who wanted more experience before settling down. That he regretted not claiming me back then is squarely on HIM! Sure I was hurt and angry, but I knew that love and my ability to give it was not finite, and when my now husband showed up a year and a half later, I was beyond ready to commit... heartbreak does get old!
A happy marriage is work, no question, but it's worth it and the rewards of family and stability are great. I don't get why people are always chasing after greener grass; often your'e just trading one set of problems for another set. MY TF and I were smart enough to figure this out, as challenging as it was to honor our vows and keep our hands off each other, we did it out of respect for our spouses and ourselves. What good would it have been to indulge, only to hate ourselves for doing so? That's no basis for a noble and great relationship. And our deep friendship and connection were it's own reward, though sadly one we couldn't open up to our spouses about.
I understand and appreciate your posts; you are clearly thinking deeply about this mystical thing, or mythical thing, or whatever it is. I am not comfortable at all with the junk I read in cyberspace, because I don't think this relationship is supposed to be fraught with so much drama, immaturity, obsessiveness, and often self-destructiveness I read about. I am glad there are other level heads out there!