Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 01-06-2020, 12:35 AM
ant

How curry spice helps the immune system kill bacteria.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
I do not consider number of cases of Corona infected is directly related to food and that progress of India is any great wrt corona( or for that matter many other matters also) . India too has it's lot of challenges and has to prove its mettle.

My contention is that spirituality education in formal education can help the society at large . I consider the laws / commandments as man discovered and NOT man made. Hence we can conceive the understandable differences in conclusions .

I was curious and if possible for someone to elaborate on 10 commandments if there is any deeper meaning to it especially the one OPVerma posted .

Education should aim to teach pupils how to think, not what to think.

There is no deeper meaning; they are a morale code with religious overtones.
Quote:
Ten Commandments
  1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me
  2. Honor thy father and thy mother
  3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy
  4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
  5. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  6. Thou shalt not kill
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
  8. Thou shalt not steal
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
  10. Thou shalt not covet
They are meant to restrict and control, not to stimulate, and at some level of civilization, some of them played a positive role.

They were man-made (as in made up), not man-discovered, as you suggested.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Nature's laws? ...
If I notice the sun comes up not long after my alarm clock goes off it does not imply my alarm clock makes the sun rise.
Good point .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:47 AM
ketzer

Hehe, I was going to make a joke about how it might be the curry. Awesome link, I do love me some Indian curry (is there anybody left who does not?). Makes sense with the vitamin D as well. Although I suspect high levels of Vit D are not the problem for most as avoiding sunlight has become something of a religion in the north.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:46 PM
Master

turmuric in cusine and medicine

Yes turmeric has medicinal anti-bacterial properties . That definitely increases immunity .
Old 01-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Master

spirituality & ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

They are meant to restrict and control, not to stimulate, and at some level of civilization, some of them played a positive role.

Yes agreed educations should teach how to think and not what to think .

Now to put forward my point I would take the example of science and technology . Science consists of theoretical framework / laws which describes/explains phenomenon and/or establish cause-effect relationships .

Now technology is applied science in that it uses the laws and principles of science to make something useful for humans . Just the way taste of the pudding is in eating , success of science is in the technologies it produce and make the people's life comfortable. People may be least bothers in science if there is no useful technology out of it .

In the same way spirituality consists of spiritual laws and principles and ethics/ morality (do's and donts ) is the application of these principle in our day to day life. The value of spirituality is in the ethics/morality it supports to helps individuals and groups of individual's well being over a long time on a sustainable basis.

Now coming to the point that these commandments are mere do's and donts . I agree it is . But it is the applied spirituality (like technology to science) . One can not have such do's and don't which most other religions too support in varying degrees without having spiritual framework . So these commandments are definitely product of deep spirituality which has benefited all and one who have respected and practiced it world over since time immemorial . So definitely teaching spiritual sciences will definitely teach kids how to think and not restrict them what to think .

This is just how I view it . I understand your aversion to spirituality& science linking . So in no way forcing anything and at the same time respecting your opposition , I rest my case.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
This is just how I view it . I understand your aversion to spirituality& science linking . So in no way forcing anything and at the same time respecting your opposition , I rest my case.
I have no "aversion to spirituality& science linking". I just don't put my faith in them.

You see, this (the way you interpreted my message) is an example of your own beliefs distorting your perceptions. We all do that, because we all have beliefs acquired while being raised, educated, and functioning in this society.

What I was saying is that you honestly believe you're right in your spiritual beliefs, but that doesn't make them right (same with faith in science, and any other religion, including atheism). Forcing those beliefs on others (with the best intentions), through education, child rearing, institutions, produced the current situation in which people are separated from their innate source of inner guidance. As we see, the society doesn't operate well.

Surely, you shouldn't believe me, but you shouldn't faithfully rely on any other external source of knowledge in forming an opinion of who you are, why you are here, what you have to do. You should get answers only form your inner source of knowledge, undistorted by your current beliefs. Most likely you won't do it, and that isn't a problem, because your inner-self has infinite more reincarnational tries to get it right. But it's a pity.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Master

thanks for sharing feedback

Quote:
I have no "aversion to spirituality& science linking". I just don't put my faith in them.

You see, this (the way you interpreted my message) is an example of your own beliefs distorting your perceptions. We all do that, because we all have beliefs acquired while being raised, educated, and functioning in this society.

What I was saying is that you honestly believe you're right in your spiritual beliefs, but that doesn't make them right (same with faith in science, and any other religion, including atheism). Forcing those beliefs on others (with the best intentions), through education, child rearing, institutions, produced the current situation in which people are separated from their innate source of inner guidance. As we see, the society doesn't operate well.

Surely, you shouldn't believe me, but you shouldn't faithfully rely on any other external source of knowledge in forming an opinion of who you are, why you are here, what you have to do. You should get answers only form your inner source of knowledge, undistorted by your current beliefs. Most likely you won't do it, and that isn't a problem, because your inner-self has infinite more reincarnational tries to get it right. But it's a pity.

Hi
Thanks for the feedback and I very much understand it .
Old 01-06-2020, 06:05 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Yabut! I think that education should do both, but be careful to teach that one must always think about what one thinks. Each generation of science builds on the other amassing an impressive amount of knowledge from those who say here is how it is. We build on the foundations of others without always rediscovering them for ourselves. Yet as impressive as science had become by the end of the nineteenth century, if Albert had not thought again about and questioned the foundations of what he had been taught to think, relativity and quantum mechanics might not have come about. A bit of an art I suppose when trying to know when to accept a truth and when to question it but eventually, we need to wonder if the yard stick is the reason something is not measuring up. Now Einstein has replaced Newton and the speed of light is considered sacred...... we will see...maybe.

As far as those commandments go, I agree they were intended to be followed and not provoke thought. Yet ever the Ketzer, I had to wonder about why they were the way they were, and that wondering has lead me to some unexpected places and ideas, and I did not need to wonder for 40 years to get there. A tip for Moses, if you have been wandering around lost for 40 years, perhaps you should start wondering if your map is accurate.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yabut! I think that education should do both, but be careful to teach that one must always think about what one thinks. Each generation of science builds on the other amassing an impressive amount of knowledge from those who say here is how it is. We build on the foundations of others without always rediscovering them for ourselves. Yet as impressive as science had become by the end of the nineteenth century, if Albert had not thought again about and questioned the foundations of what he had been taught to think, relativity and quantum mechanics might not have come about. A bit of an art I suppose when trying to know when to accept a truth and when to question it but eventually, we need to wonder if the yard stick is the reason something is not measuring up. Now Einstein has replaced Newton and the speed of light is considered sacred...... we will see...maybe.

As far as those commandments go, I agree they were intended to be followed and not provoke thought. Yet ever the Ketzer, I had to wonder about why they were the way they were, and that wondering has lead me to some unexpected places and ideas, and I did not need to wonder for 40 years to get there. A tip for Moses, if you have been wandering around lost for 40 years, perhaps you should start wondering if your map is accurate.

I remember a physics professor in college, who, in the introduction to his class, told us that we're now at our maximum level of creativity, when we don't know what is impossible; from now on we'll start to put limits to our creativity.