Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 11-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Newbie ;)

walking

Walking is the ideal exercise to lose extra kilos and it will effectively help you reach your weight loss goal faster. Walking to lose weight helps in the maintenance and development of muscles while burning calories. Even if your goal is not to lose weight, walking provides healthful benefits to the body by improving the lungs and heart. Walking helps to get flat tummy. If weight loss is your goal detox your body to remove toxins and extra calories by drinking adequate amount of water and adding natural weight loss supplements to improve diuretics and metabolism of body. Walking also improve the body's flexibility. It provides long term health benefits and cutting your risk of heart attack, stroke, colon cancer, breast cancer, and diabetes.
Old 28-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I walk...fast and hard about 4 or 5 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour and love it!

I don't like to run because of the pounding on my knees, ankles and hip joints...but boy do I love to walk!

I hunt the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado every fall for elk and the couple of months leading up to elk season I'll start doing my walks with a loaded back pack to simulate the load I carry while hunting.

It's a great aerobic workout!

This is what we do when the air quality is good enough (except for the hunting part). Most summers there are days or weeks at a time when it's too smoky from forest fires, like it's been this month. Sometimes it clears up enough by late afternoon when it starts to cool off that we can get in a power walk. The person I'm with is getting older and has never had great knees or lungs so we can't really run, so the power walks and hikes work really well for us, especially since she lives at the top of a steep hill. That final stretch is brutal. But it's a good workout.
Old 30-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Experiencer
Walking is the only exercise I get . In the good days I walk 1 hour. I go to the park usually.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Pathfinder
I like to go walking, when me and my partner first started doing it we had a tracker app and we were really surprised at the results! It was amazing, I couldn't believe it!
Old 09-09-2017, 04:16 AM
Experiencer
I also like to walk. When I was working, I would have to walk to the bus stop which is about half an hour. It was a good way to get exercise and clear my mind. I have also read that there are health benefits that are not physical.

In a nice environment and weather, walking is one of the best things to do.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
TheLovingLight

I actually enjoy walking, but I would only like walk for 30 minutes, then I just do exercises on an exercise machine. :) I do notice after walking, I would feel alot better.
Old 17-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I try walking during 1-2 hours at least three times a week. At this moment I try not thinking about problems and worries. And I just enjoy small things, like the tree, fresh air, people, sounds.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Walking is good for our whole body.

Try to do yoga and meditation also.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
I like to walk more than 2-3 miles every day, and it is just a part of my life and always has been. I don't do it to consciously "keep fit" -just because it's a natural part of my life and feels good.

But walking helps all these systems:
Circulatory system
Lungs
Lymphatic system
Digestive system
Brain function
Detoxification (notice how you always need a pee after a good walk!)
Skin health (owing to increased circulation.)
Bones, ligaments and muscles.
Old 14-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Knower
I also can't wait to walk~
When the weather gets warmer, I want to go for an early morning walk.
Mornings are so peaceful and nice... ^^