Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-09-2021, 04:22 PM
asearcher

Increased spiritual gift/awareness when trouble?

I have experienced during childhood and as an adult that when I was in a circumstance where I either felt danger to myself, to my surrounding (innocent people) my spiritual gift/awareness increased, so much so it frighten even me and I wondered to myself if it could really be (or that I had lost it).

I just wonder if others have experienced the same thing?

If so is it the stress doing it? When you know that your usual -hearing, seeing etc, those senses are not enough, and so you start using this other unseen sense?

In the past during a relationship with someone called a psychopath by a psychiatrist - looking back at the memories I do have - I was more open than ever before.

Is it then my higher self that was trying to warn me and make me see his cold self or what would be the meaning behind me suddenly being that open?

In the past I never knew if I should say something or not when feeling/knowing it.

Seems I am scoring high on the empathy scale and being sensitive. I feel energies. If I get a glimpse of someone it is 1 second of seeing (inside of me not in front of me), but foremost it is feelings - feeling that person. It has also been that I for a moment could feel the other person as well (who was up to no good, what that felt like).

With the psychopath - I got in real trouble over it, and that made me close even more so when I got into another relationship (serious) I had decided I was not to talk about these things and too hoping nothing new would happen to me about these sort of things.

If I have been stressed out, and not have had enough of sleep me feeling energies tend to go stronger. So I am one of those boring people who appreciate more sleep than some.

It would be interesting to know how it works for you.

What has happened to me is that suddenly it is as if I have a new awareness without having tried to have it. I wonder if that is how it works for others?

Please, let me know. It would be fun too to know how different we are. There are different spiritual gifts, and awareness, to my understanding.

Last edited by asearcher : 27-09-2021 at 06:20 PM.
Old 28-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
What has happened to me is that suddenly it is as if I have a new awareness without having tried to have it.
i think i gave that to my twin by paying her too much attention lol. I suppose she might have been frightened of me but I didn't see it that way at the time, wasn't possible to see past what happened as a result back then. I remember something else like that from first grade - I was looking up at the half-moon in the late morning hours. I still remember thinking 'I love xxxx'. anyway I was both jealous that I couldn't have what the twin had and distraught about the twin wanting to leave after that. But I suppose looking back it was for the best. As it turns out one of the things I most need to learn is how to let people go when it is time.
Quote:
It would be fun too to know how different we are. There are different spiritual gifts, and awareness, to my understanding.

mostly i'm stuck in a glass room, I can see a lot by looking out different windows but can't touch much. So usually if someone says something to me about their life I have some idea of what that is like, but again as if through windows. It is frustrating not being able to see so many of the possibilities yet not be able do much of anything lol.

That said I'm empathic. Enough so that I would get lost in others lives if people would let me... but noone will.

Still I have a little bit of a meditative practice; I prefer to practice 'out in the world' rather than in a quiet room but that is just me. I feel like I've made progress despite the claims that one cannot do it this way. Or about the claims either that one is not supposed to make progress (wolfish grin). A couple of weeks ago I was at some restaurant sitting on the patio while I practiced and watched the birds flit about, it was very nice.
Old 29-09-2021, 06:51 PM
asearcher

Hi FallingLeaves, thank you for sharing =) Could it be you are simply in a relaxed mode when you do it that way, like you describe out in the world, and at a restaurant? Thus tapping into that wave of meditation? I think something similar has happened to me when I get those sudden images as if I am somewhere else, I can have people around too and be occupied with something, relaxed yet know what I am doing, that's when it flickers.

Ah, so you did that with your twin, i'm sure you could not help it at the time, that you needed to get that intense to figure something out for yourself too.

I have felt someone I ve been connected with, its feelings for 1 day and then it was zimmering after that. I had not felt it like that before. Before only felt its emotions at the time and or the image it had at the time. But that one time when it came for like one day and then lingering - that was when I felt the love this individual had for me, and then it was only for me to accept, before that I would question it or deny it or not think it was enough, but that one time I felt it and could not do that no more. It was one of a time experience, I have tried since to tell myself my mind just played trics of me, but still another part says it was real. Feeling that love it was as if nothing else mattered, any problems semeed trivial. If that is what you have done too to your twin then I belive it is only good.
Old 30-09-2021, 06:07 PM
Master

hi asearcher, I wish I could feel loved. It must be beautiful

honestly i was so mad when i realized what had happened with my twin! I felt so left-out... it is ok now though, at some point I realized i have my own life and that is kind of enough.

Last edited by FallingLeaves : 30-09-2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
If so is it the stress doing it? When you know that your usual -hearing, seeing etc, those senses are not enough, and so you start using this other unseen sense?
One of the issues Spirituality has is that is often tries to exist in splendid isolation to the exclusion of all else, then these kinds of questions pop up and people look to Spirituality for answers. I hate to say this but what you experience has nothing to do with Spirituality and everything to do with your pre-historic origins.

And yes, the stress is the primary cause.

We have the Limbic System that is also known as the lizard brain and its primary function is survival. Having heightened senses is a survival mechanism, it's when your brain can be flooded with natural chemicals to heighten your senses to make you more aware and hopefully deal with the situation better. Since you feel the energies (I do too) they can be used for survival because they can help you process what's going on as much as your five senses.

Incidentally it works the other way around as well, so if you get a buzz from your Spirituality then you know it's your lizard brain flooding with 'happy hormones' to make you gravitate what it perceives as being conducive to your survival.

Your relationship with a psychopath would have triggered your lizard brain because it would have perceived a threat to your survival.

It's really a matter of focus of attentions, and when our 'normal' attentions are compromised often something that we don't give attention to comes through. So if you can't sleep your feeling the energies would become stronger, because your attentions are defocussed.

So, the moral of the tale is don't allow yourself to become blinkered to yourself. Spirituality is less about Spirituality than most people would believe, and that in itself is one of the greatest Spiritual gifts.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:33 PM
asearcher

Thank you very much Greenslade. Yep, Lizard brain it was from the stress I had no one to talk to about/confide in out of fear.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you very much Greenslade. Yep, Lizard brain it was from the stress I had no one to talk to about/confide in out of fear.
You're welcome, and the Spirituality is what come next in whatever shape or form that takes.