Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM
A Glass named Esther

Bringing light into darkness: charity

Most people would agree that money can bring much evil (ie. selfishness) into this world.

But because money's potential for evil very great, money's potential for good is also very great. Every time you use your money for someone in need, you are bringing a great amount of light into this world.

A few practical suggestions:
  • Many grocery stores have donation bins for local food banks. When you buy groceries buy an extra item to donate.
  • Some retail stores have coin boxes for charity. Parting with some extra change can make a positive difference.
  • If a homeless person on the street asks for money and you feel uncomfortable how it might be spent, offer to buy some food for him/her from a nearby restaurant. This works best if you are in a urban centre and there are plenty of food vendors.
  • Give someone in a low paying job an extra large tip.
  • Find a charity that you want to support and make a commitment to yourself to make regular contributions.
  • Designate a container in your home as a charity bank. Every day drop a coin in the charity bank then donate it when its full. Even more important to do this with children who might be familiar with a "piggy bank".
  • If you feel some internal resistance giving money away because you would rather spend it on a luxury item this means you are bringing additional light into the world.
  • Give someone who you know is unemployed an interest free loan to help them get a job (e.g. to buy a suit for an interview)
  • Offer to have an unemployed friend stay in your house rent free (or very low rent) until he/she finds a job.
  • Make a "swear Jar" at home or work and give the money collected to a charity.
  • Participate in a local fundraiser or initiate a fundraiser with your friends and/or family.
  • Ask your workplace for a charity matching program.
Any more suggestions?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Master
Nice post Esther...I swore (LOL)..let me rephrase...I vowed on Yom Kippur I would not swear no mo'...and I'll admit I have been largely but not wholly successful Looks like I need to start a swear jar...including the online "cheats", LOL...where I sort of fudge it...

Also...since time is money...volunteering your time to worthwhile community causes is also a "grass-roots" way to bring some light into our respective corners of the world...

Cheers!
7L
Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
shepherd

Not only that, there is a psychological feel good effect from helping people.

Though to also add if someone becomes too generous which is out of balance, it creates a negative effect in their minds as well as how they are percieved by the people around them.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Master
I guess donating toys is good at this time of year.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Master
Just a suggestion.

https://american.redcross.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=gc10_index&s_src=RSS10101E003 &s_subsrc=NHQCatalog3
Old 22-04-2022, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Glass named Esther
Some retail stores have coin boxes for charity. Parting with some extra change can make a positive difference.

Thank you for this tip
Old 27-04-2022, 04:18 PM
Guide
I keep a bag of new socks in my car and give them to homeless people, when I have it I also put a 5 dollar bill in the socks. I want to comment on the Ester said about feeling uncomfortable giving money to homeless people due to concern over how it will be spent. It is none of your business how it will be spent. If a person is homeless because they are an addict and the money people give them is for the substance they are addicted to and you don't want to support that, it is your money. However, how can you tell why someone is homeless and what they may spend money they are given on? You can't unless you actually know them. I have seen homeless people who share everything with other homeless, others who are addicts but have no help for that, some are mentally ill but have no insurance and no relatives to help take care of them, others are only temporarily homeless. We don't know why they are there, and maybe their purpose for some of us is to show us a different perspective on why or how or who would be homeless.

We only give to the homeless and others to make ourselves feel better anyway.
Old 28-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Ask your workplace for a charity matching program.

I might just do this
Old 02-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Master
You don't have to give your money to charity or anything to change the vibe of money.
That line of thinking would exclude the ones who don't have much which is nonsense.
Changing the vibe around money is something you can do within, and it should start within.
Many grew up with limiting beliefs concerning money. That if you're born poor you can never make it and get wealthy/rich. Or that money stinks. Money is for the mere few. Money is dirty. Money is for the criminals.
And in spiritual circles you see this one a lot: it's bad to want material things and bad to want money and riches. Which is one of the biggest crocks of chizzel in the spiritual world.
That belief also stems from thinking that money is bad. It isn't! Money is love.
You receiving money is love, IF you can actually receive it as such, in your heart.
You buying things with money is love, if you can pay whilst feeling that way.

Money, all money including that which you use in the supermarket, is love as it gives companies the means to exist and to pay other people so they can make a living.
That's how money can be love.
Pay your rent with love.
Pay your shopping with love
receive your money with love
Feel gratitude that you have the money to pay the rent, buy milk and bread and so on.

But all that starts within, with looking at limiting beliefs you have around money, and the stories that potentially are told in your family concerning money.
And bear in mind, if you have self-esteem issues, you also have a problem with money as you don't feel you deserve it.

There are so many things -exercises- to do to attract money and help change your feelings around money.
Too much to share here. Maybe I'll do a course on it some day :)
Old 11-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Most people would agree that money can bring much evil (ie. selfishness) into this world.

It's not the money itself that's evil but rather what you do with it and how you aquire it.
Making money through slave labour, taking advantage of the less fortunate etc could cause problems.

I love money and there's nothing wrong with having an abundant portion of it,. What you do with it is totally up to you. Yes it's good to share but it isn't necessary at all.
utopia