Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Desires....

What would life be without desires - only desires drive on evolution.

Sitting in a cave for twenty years with only bread and water won't get anyone anywhere - although one may kid oneself that it does.

The reason we and all life exists is for the universe to experience through the feedbacks from all existences, itself.

Sin, as a word, is used to frighten people into being 'good' (although not definable) and that isn't the reason we are born.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 26-05-2021, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
What would life be without desires - only desires drive on evolution.
Sin, as a word, is used to frighten people into being 'good'
Agree, but we do have to be careful what our desires are and what is the outcome of fulfilling them.

Last edited by sky : 26-05-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 26-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Master
Safe guarding our heart seems to be one of the main things the Bible emphasizes.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-05-2021, 10:23 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't know about souls, it's not something I think about or believe in.... .

yea me either i just use it as another word to refer to myself
i am pro words lol. i don't have any words i am mad at!

"the kind soul said, "i don't believe in souls"

if you know about yourself, you know about souls as that is what we are
it's never been something we have

a soul tangled up in a human body and life
Old 27-05-2021, 12:16 AM
Master
From a Biblical viewpoint, have you looked at what is a soul?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-05-2021, 01:38 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
From a Biblical viewpoint, have you looked at what is a soul?

These words exist because there is so much body identification. People observe death, see the human body decay after death, and think, oh that body there was John so what survived death? So then they invent words like soul and so on. But that body was never John. If people understood they are not the body, that consciousness itself survives the death of the body, they could just think John left that body we knew as John. They would not need ideas like, oh his soul left.

The word soul did not exist in biblical times. The Modern English word soul was derived from Old English sáwol, sáwel which means immortal principle in man, was first attested in the 8th century poem Beowulf v. 2820 and in the Vespasian Psalter 77.50.

Now see, their soul means the immortal principle in humankind and there are many passages in the bible about that so even though they didn't use the word soul, they talked about the same concept.

Seed in this passage seems like a metaphor for soul to me.

1 Corinthians 15:38 ►
New International Version
But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.
Old 27-05-2021, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
if you know about yourself
What is ' Yourself ' ?.
But back to a previous Question, who do you think ' Programmed ' the souls you Posted about ?
Old 28-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Sin originated in the Old Testament. If you look at the first usage of the word 'sin', it did not involve God (Elohim),
it involved the LORD (Yahweh).This issue may deal more with Yahweh............
You also introduced the word 'Spirit' which seems to have originated in the Old Testament.

"God" and "Lord" are titles, not names. the sins mankind as a whole is against Jehovah God/Yahweh, who is the "GOD" of the Old and New Testaments.
Old 28-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
"God" and "Lord" are titles, not names. the sins mankind as a whole is against Jehovah God/Yahweh, who is the "GOD" of the Old and New Testaments.

If you look at Genesis 1:1, it mentions "In the beginning, God created the Heaven(s) and Earth."

If you look at the Hebrew word for God it is אֱלֹהִ֑ים and is pronounced something like Elohim. If you look, the word, pronounced something like Elohim, is used a lot in the Old Testament and it translated in to English by various words which make it hard to get a grasp exactly what was the original Hebrew meaning.

As for the word, generally written in Hebrew as LORD, is derived from the Tetragrammaton. The first usage of this word is in Genesis 2:4. On the Jehovah's Witnesses' website, their New World Translation has a footnote that reads: "The first occurrence of God’s distinctive personal name, יהוה (YHWH)."

Old 28-05-2021, 08:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
1) If you look at Genesis 1:1, it mentions "In the beginning, God created the Heaven(s) and Earth."..........

2) As for the word, generally written in Hebrew as LORD.....

1) You keep saying this. I keep asking- Are you sure?

2) There is no Hebrew word written as Lord. Perhaps you meant translated as LORD.