Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 02-06-2020, 07:59 PM
Seeker

Holy Book of Tibetan Buddhism

Hello
I would like to know what is the Holly Book of Tibetan Buddhism. Is it the book of the dead?
Old 02-06-2020, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Tibetan Buddhism has the Tibetan Buddhist Canon. Which includes many hundreds of ancient Buddhist texts. The Tibetan Buddhist Canon includes ancient Buddhist texts from Early Sarvastivada and Mahayana sources.

The Bardo Thodol "Liberation Through Hearing During the Intermediate State", commonly known in the West as The Tibetan Book of the Dead, is a text from the Profound Dharma of Self-Liberation through the Intention of the Peaceful and Wrathful Ones, revealed by Karma Lingpa (1326–1386). It is the best-known work of Nyingma literature.

The Tibetan text describes, and is intended to guide one through, the experiences that the consciousness has after death, in the bardo, the interval between death and the next rebirth. The text also includes chapters on the signs of death and rituals to undertake when death is closing in or has taken place.

Tradition holds that Karma Lingpa was a reincarnation of Chokro Lü Gyeltsen, a disciple of Padmasambhava.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:23 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Tibetan Buddhism has the Tibetan Buddhist Canon. Which includes many hundreds of ancient Buddhist texts. The Tibetan Buddhist Canon includes ancient Buddhist texts from Early Sarvastivada and Mahayana sources.

The Bardo Thodol "Liberation Through Hearing During the Intermediate State", commonly known in the West as The Tibetan Book of the Dead, is a text from the Profound Dharma of Self-Liberation through the Intention of the Peaceful and Wrathful Ones, revealed by Karma Lingpa (1326–1386). It is the best-known work of Nyingma literature.

The Tibetan text describes, and is intended to guide one through, the experiences that the consciousness has after death, in the bardo, the interval between death and the next rebirth. The text also includes chapters on the signs of death and rituals to undertake when death is closing in or has taken place.

Tradition holds that Karma Lingpa was a reincarnation of Chokro Lü Gyeltsen, a disciple of Padmasambhava.
Thank you.... Do you know where I can get a pdf file of the book? I tried to find it on Google Play Store but had no luck.
What about the Dhammapada? it is the sacred book of the Theravada Buddhism right?
Old 03-06-2020, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalla
Thank you.... Do you know where I can get a pdf file of the book? I tried to find it on Google Play Store but had no luck.
What about the Dhammapada? it is the sacred book of the Theravada Buddhism right?
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipi...ntro.budd.html

https://www.holybooks.com/the-tibeta...of-the-dead-2/
Old 03-06-2020, 07:47 AM
Seeker

Hello

sky123 I already have The Dhammapada in form of android app, I was asking if The Dhammapada was the sacred book of the Theravada Buddhism.
I am looking for the Tibetan Buddhism Canon.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello
sky123 I already have The Dhammapada in form of android app, I was asking if The Dhammapada was the sacred book of the Theravada Buddhism.
I am looking for the Tibetan Buddhism Canon.
The link regarding the Dhammapada will explain its importance in Theravada.

The Tibetan Cannon is split into many Scriptures maybe looking for each Scripture separately will be easier if you can't buy it. Have you tried Amazon or Ebay ?

This Link may help you to Google each part.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...s_tibcanon.htm
Old 03-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The link regarding the Dhammapada will explain its importance in Theravada.

The Tibetan Cannon is split into many Scriptures maybe looking for each Scripture separately will be easier if you can't buy it. Have you tried Amazon or eBay ?

This Link may help you to Google each part.
Thank you sky123
Old 03-06-2020, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you sky123

Your welcome If you can't find what your looking for just shout and I will look around more.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hello
I would like to know what is the Holy Book of Tibetan Buddhism.

There are dozens of holy books, at least. Here is one that is very popular and very holy:

https://www.tibethouse.jp/about/budd...ay_English.pdf
Old 09-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Seeker

Thank you.