Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old 09-06-2021, 02:25 AM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Ayard415,

By the same logic….letting violence run its course…..one would also offer no medical assistance to the injured….just let it happen with all its consequences….consider refining your thinking…..

Perhaps, you should refine yours. Are there any hospitals in the forests and the seas for the birds and the fish? We worry about our own skins to the exclusion of everyone and everything else. I'll bet you have health insurance. Is that your solution?

Spirituality of the right kind, to me, has to be defined by a different logic.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 09-06-2021, 02:38 AM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, when they are attacking me as in self defense or self protection.
But otherwise, no...I get your point.

Self-defense. There was no self defense in the Jesus story. If that response was foolish, it wouldn't have inspired humanity.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 09-06-2021, 02:54 AM
Molearner Molearner is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,307
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Perhaps, you should refine yours. Are there any hospitals in the forests and the seas for the birds and the fish? We worry about our own skins to the exclusion of everyone and everything else. I'll bet you have health insurance. Is that your solution?

Spirituality of the right kind, to me, has to be defined by a different logic.

Ayar415,

Unless caring animals establish hospitals in the forests that seems unlikely. And I would think under your logic that animals should willingly submit to violence.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-06-2021, 09:15 AM
hallow hallow is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Over there.
Posts: 3,215
  hallow's Avatar
What is sin???? Anything fun.
__________________
Complaining about a problem without posting a solution is called whining. -Teddy Roosevelt.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-06-2021, 04:18 PM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
What is sin???? Anything fun.

Some sins are also crimes. Prison is no fun.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-06-2021, 04:48 PM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
There is a reason and justification for anything in creation.
If we widen our perspective the concept of sin will fall apart.

If I am a Christian and my perspective of marital relationship is faithfulness between a man and his wife. Any violation of that compact in thought word or deed is a sin.

What is the reason and justification to widen my perspective of the spiritual significance of marriage?
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-06-2021, 05:43 PM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Ayar415,

Unless caring animals establish hospitals in the forests that seems unlikely. And I would think under your logic that animals should willingly submit to violence.

Let’s not debate and, instead, discuss the merit of my argument that “spirituality of the right kind has to be defined by a different logic”.

Can you widen your perspective, as Rah nam advocated, and let your concept of sin (i.e. injustice) fall apart? If you can, then you will understand the nature of sin and let violence run its course.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 10-06-2021, 09:55 AM
Rah nam Rah nam is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,977
  Rah nam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
If I am a Christian and my perspective of marital relationship is faithfulness between a man and his wife. Any violation of that compact in thought word or deed is a sin.
What is the reason and justification to widen my perspective of the spiritual significance of marriage?
Taking into account of that fact, your entrapment in a religious belief system,
I only will say, you are at this point exactly where you are meant to be.
There will come a point in anyone's development where we let go of this kind of bondage.
__________________
I am a Wanderer.
Rah nam
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 10-06-2021, 08:40 PM
ayar415 ayar415 is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 133
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Taking into account of that fact, your entrapment in a religious belief system,
I only will say, you are at this point exactly where you are meant to be.
There will come a point in anyone's development where we let go of this kind of bondage.

Come on, Rah nam. Give me your best shot. How does one widen perspective in order to cavort like the Devil with God's approval?

Take any of the Seven Deadly Sins and check its concept to examine how it is strung together by the narrow mind. Let's not do it like entrapped Christians but as free spirits. My perspective is that of an American who grew up in a den of sin known as New York City. You won't find a wider perspective than that of people like me in this planet.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 11-06-2021, 03:40 AM
Rah nam Rah nam is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,977
  Rah nam's Avatar
I understand, as long as our face is in the mud, it is very difficult to see past the mud.
__________________
I am a Wanderer.
Rah nam
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums