Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-11-2020, 10:14 AM
Elfin

..... Best way to stop smoking ?... End up critically ill on oxygen in hospital , unable to breathe for 2 weeks, with a severe lung virus..... Worked for me!.... After 45 years of smoking I have not had a cigarette for just over 2 weeks.... No patches, or aids of any other kind. Am eating like a pig of course , and am now always at high risk of ending up on ""my 600lb life"".....
Old 03-12-2020, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
..... Best way to stop smoking ?... End up critically ill on oxygen in hospital , unable to breathe for 2 weeks, with a severe lung virus..... Worked for me!.... After 45 years of smoking I have not had a cigarette for just over 2 weeks.... No patches, or aids of any other kind. Am eating like a pig of course , and am now always at high risk of ending up on ""my 600lb life"".....

I am glad you quite.......
and I can not imagine you ever tipping 600 pounds on the scale.
I can't even imagine you getting to 180 pounds!

CONGRADULATIONS
on quitting.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 03-12-2020, 02:55 AM
Knower
Nicotine Replacement Therpy (NRT) worked for me. I followed the instructions that came with the nicotine patches by supplementing them with gum. The patches gave a consistent intake of nicotine throughout the day, & I had the gum ready for when cravings hit. Chew rest chew is the way the chew the gum, that way you get the release of nicotine as and when you need it.
The only thing that wasn't right was the guideline to use the NRT for three months, nine months was closer to the mark. It takes a long time to quit for good.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Quit is not in my vocabulary. Never quit. Never give up, never quit on anything in life. Not even smoking or drugs. I'm a firm believer that one should always pursue something to the very end, without ever giving up. And to be the best you can at it. So stand tall with pride. Smoke that joint and be the best smoker you could possibly be.

Nobody here better take that seriously.
Too late...... I took it seriously... Now I'm hooked and in re-hab..
Old 07-12-2020, 01:01 AM
Master

If you don't pick up the first cigarette, you never have to worry about the second one.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Administrator
So true Linen i have never smoked

Namaste
Old 08-12-2020, 07:00 AM
Elfin

....And it's been my one vice in life. After a lifetime ( almost) of smoking it's a wonder I'm still alive... If I was a kipper I'd have been "done" several decades ago..!!... And it IS so very hard to stop. Hard to explain to non-smokers. But it would be like telling someone to "stop walking" or "stop sleeping " .. when it's something that you do "without thinking".... An addiction is a terrible thing to break.... But I've done it !! Have not had a cigarette since 21st October this year..... ( Not that it matters now, am still going to die from it !!)...
Old 08-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Master

I was one of the smokers that found it extremely hard to quit. 18 months of hell.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I was one of the smokers that found it extremely hard to quit. 18 months of hell.
Hi...yes and so hard to quit...as you rightly say.. never have that first one and need to worry about the second....I could EAT one right now. But I won't. Problem is... (And on purpose) there are 3 cigarettes only one foot away from me as I speak..... As they have been there all the time I've been stopped....and here's the truth.... I'm only being strong for everyone else.... My kids , my family..... If it wasn't for them I'd be puffing away like a steam train... A cig in between each finger !!
Old 11-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Master

I completely understand. It's not a 3 month fix. The thing to do to see your progress is to look back. Whenever you feel your resolve weakening, look back at where you were a month ago, 2 months ago. That will strengthen your resolve.

You've already come a long way! You will see that when you look back!