Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Pathfinder
How to deal with aging?

Hi everybody,
We all grow older, every day a little bit more, something that isn't easy to deal with for most of us. Is there a way to look at it that could help us? A way perhaps that helps us accept this process?
Here's a little video that discusses the subject:

https://youtu.be/t9O2DFvPEeU

Last edited by Oscar Frye : 24-07-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

One way is to realize body and mind (and everything else) is within you and not the other way around. You are infinite and body, mind and everything else is finite.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Master
Ageing is terrible. I've began noticing it when I crossed 30. Just the little things, like how stress can just mess you up.

I'm not at all looking forward to getting older. I plan to end it by the time I'm somewhere 50-60 ((this is only MY perspective, and may not apply to most other people!)). For me, no point in being old, alone and miserable.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ageing is terrible. I've began noticing it when I crossed 30. Just the little things, like how stress can just mess you up.

I'm not at all looking forward to getting older. I plan to end it by the time I'm somewhere 50-60 ((this is only MY perspective, and may not apply to most other people!)). For me, no point in being old, alone and miserable.

Hi Altair,
Yes, 'aging is for tough guys' (Paul Newman).
... but trying to fight it ain't the way either,
better accept the reality of it, and know that you'll be back.
Blessings.
Old 26-07-2021, 08:19 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
*Deleted*
Hi Altair,
Thanks for your comment, and see your contribution in the here and now.
I see you have almost 4.000 posts, so you are surely of much value here.
i believe that every minute of our life is important as experience building and shaping the total of experiences of our life.
Blessings.
Old 24-07-2021, 03:45 AM
Master

Quote:
I don't even see the point to living life as I know it. It's the body's life that I am living. I don't have a life. I am the body's caretaker.
*Deleted

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 08:38 AM. Reason: No ending of your life talk.
Old 26-07-2021, 07:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
What?? You're kidding, right? I have photos of clouds that look like animals or angels because they appeal to the Child Inside, I go splashing in puddles with kids for the same reasons. I take great delight in watching the swallows fly around the local supermarket carpark. Oh, and marbles, don't forget the marbles.

It's great being me.

Jung says that Individuation happens at around thirty, and it mediumship the saying is "All Spirit is thirty years old" because being in Spirit or being thirty years old is the prime of Life.
Old 26-07-2021, 08:57 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What?? You're kidding, right? I have photos of clouds that look like animals or angels because they appeal to the Child Inside, I go splashing in puddles with kids for the same reasons. I take great delight in watching the swallows fly around the local supermarket carpark. Oh, and marbles, don't forget the marbles.
It's great being me. Jung says that Individuation happens at around thirty, and it mediumship the saying is "All Spirit is thirty years old" because being in Spirit or being thirty years old is the prime of Life.
Hi Greenslade,
Nice answer, and I believe this too.
Old 28-07-2021, 06:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Frye
Hi Greenslade,
Nice answer, and I believe this too.
Thank you, and if you live it rather than believe it?
Old 26-07-2021, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's great being me.Jung says that Individuation happens at around thirty, and it mediumship the saying is "All Spirit is thirty years old" because being in Spirit or being thirty years old is the prime of Life.

If I could freeze time (not literally), but keep the body and mind I want I would pick early twenties. I think that is the 'peak'. The problem is our brains are fully matured around mid twenties and we enter the nonsensical life of duties from then onwards, and everyone around you has this expectation that you must become a ''provider''. So life gets more dull, less fun. And the whole New Age agrees with me on this anyway because many of them do ''inner child'' courses so they can't point the finger at me!