Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 28-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Considering converting to Islam...

It's not the first time I have considered it. But it is the first time I have struggled with talking myself out of it.

A long time ago I started an activism endeavor that really made me take a look into the faith and I fell in love. I never believed Islam or Muslims to be bad and I thought there had to be a way to get people to see that deep down the majority of humanity regardless if faith all hold the same ideals.

It was on the back of an argument here that I was inspired to tackle the issue of Honor Violence through a worlwide candlelight vigil. This was years ago and really hit its peak for support last year when I was in a better place all around to pour energy into it.

Now, (mind you this is not a political debate but it is relevant to mention)with a growing hate on all things muslim and a presidential candidate in the pool who is propogating that... Combined with the fact that I was faced with my own mortality last week when I had a pulmonary embolism... I am feeling not only like I should convert but that I should make a statement about it openly to my family, in large part who all worship the aforementioned politician, to challenge them to not only love a muslim but potentially see the humanity in other muslims... I want to stop religious persecution in my country before it starts. Maybe I am misguided... Idk.

It didn't make the decision any easier when I looked up the local mosque and found it had been attacked with moltov cocktails on more than one occasion.

Looking for advice. My husband thinks I would be doing it for the wrong reasons.
Old 28-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Seeker

I am saying in myself "Allahu Akbar = God is Greater"

God does not need me at all. I need to struggle for His sake to feel the Ultimate Pleasure.

( 54 ) O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion - Allah will bring forth [in place of them] a people He loves and who love Him [who are] humble toward the believers, mighty against the disbelievers; they strive in the cause of Allah and do not fear the blame of a critic. That is the favor of Allah; He bestows it upon whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. [QurAn: Ch.5]

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:
"The greatest Jihad/Struggle/Strive is to say the truth at the presence of a tyrant leader"

Your family and your muslim society must help you.

( 129 ) But if they turn away, say, "Sufficient for me is Allah; there is no God but He. On Him I have relied, and He is the Lord of the Great Throne." [QurAn: Ch.9]
Old 28-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Seeker

May Allaah preserve you and your family with Islam/submission.
Old 28-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Seeker

If you wish to see prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, keep saying:
"Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa Aali Muhammad"

= "Allaahumma keep your connection upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad"

( 56 ) Indeed, God and His angels keep their connection upon the prophet. O you who believe, keep your connection upon him and submit [a full] submission. [QurAn: Ch.33].

If you saw the prophet in your dream, please sir greet him for me.

May God Honor you.

Praise be to God Allaah, the Lord of the worlds.
Old 29-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Master
None of those responses are helpful...
Old 29-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Master
I do agree with your husband, I feel one joins a religion because they are looking for personal salvation through that religion, whereas your motive seems to be political. I think your motive to join Islam is honourable, but not correct.
Old 29-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Seeker

All I know is that when one is lucky to have connection with God and His messenger, he will be guided to the right way.

I was afraid to give you a wrong advice, and so I preferred for you to gain it from a better source.
Old 29-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Master
I reached out to the local mosque told them I am not ready to convert but that I would like the opportunity to learn and immerse myself in Islam.

I got an invite back from the Imam to an event later in the week. :) Can't wait!
Old 29-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Knower

I'd agree with the point that you seem to be making a political statement rather than a religious commitment. Have you read the Quran? Does it contain the things you believe in? That's surely the real question.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Master
Though I am not fully versed, I am well aware of those parts of the scripture that resonate and do not resonate with me from both the Quran and the Hadith.

At any rate, I have yet in life to claim a faith and do not intend to do so lightly.