Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Leah85

Unhappy Energy "stopped" flowing?

I've concluded the three Reiki degrees one year ago, but I have been a long time without appropriately using it (with appropriately I mean the right 14 positions, during the recommended time). There were days I didn't use it at all. Now, when I practice it, I don't feel the energy flowing through my hands and I wonder if somehow I lost the ability to channel the energy. I asked my Master is this was the case and she told me not because actually, even if you do not evocate the symbols and apply the energy intentionally, you allow the energy to flow everytime you touch anyone or anything. Should I go through a sintonization process again? Or shall I feel it again as long as I keep practicing?

Thank you everyone

Leah
Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
seekseek

i think you could do either thing. if it makes you feel better, go through the process again, otherwise, just start using it on yourself every day and draw the symbols on your hand. ask the archangels for help. i know you still have it.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
I've concluded the three Reiki degrees one year ago, but I have been a long time without appropriately using it (with appropriately I mean the right 14 positions, during the recommended time). There were days I didn't use it at all. Now, when I practice it, I don't feel the energy flowing through my hands and I wonder if somehow I lost the ability to channel the energy. I asked my Master is this was the case and she told me not because actually, even if you do not evocate the symbols and apply the energy intentionally, you allow the energy to flow everytime you touch anyone or anything. Should I go through a sintonization process again? Or shall I feel it again as long as I keep practicing?

Thank you everyone

Leah

Once you are attuned you are always attuned. It never goes away. It does, however, get blocks to the flow of it. Think of it like a piping system. When the pipes get clogged the water moves more slowly as it moves through the pipes. When you remove the clogs will it flow the proper way.

To get it flowing again, I would recommend doing the 21 day self healing practice that they teach when you are first attuned. (Some places do not teach this step)

Work on self healing for that time and you will notice your healing start to get stronger each time until you are right back to where you were.

Last edited by innerlight : 05-10-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:50 AM
SoaringSpirit

I agree with Innerlight, thats exactly what I would have said.

The more you start using it, in any way, the more you'll start to 'feel' again...
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
I've concluded the three Reiki degrees one year ago, but I have been a long time without appropriately using it (with appropriately I mean the right 14 positions, during the recommended time).

Hi Leah85!

As always, Innerlight has provided some great perspective.

You always have Reiki available. It only ever take 2 things for Reiki... The first is to be attuned and the second is your intention.

You have been attuned so all you need to do now is to focus your intention. The symbols hold no power, in and of themselves. However, you have been attuned to them and they should help you to focus your intention.

My suggestion is to first and foremost relax. You have not "lost" the ability but it sounds like you have lost some focus. My next suggestion is to start a daily program of self treatment, works great just before sleep. Do the 21 day program as Inns suggested and see how things feel after that :)

As far as what you call the "right" hand positions, well, the fact is that you could just put your hands anywhere and be fine. Reiki goes where it is needed so you are not "messing it up" if you free form. The hand positions are fine when I teach the class and for those that have limited confidence in their own intuition but I find that the overwhelming majority of past students and other RMT's tend to follow their own intuition rather than proscribed hand positions.

So, relax, start a daily routine, focus your intention and try not to drift, and just let go of expectations and I believe that you will re-experience the feeling

Last edited by EmergingPath : 05-10-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:07 AM
sunny shine

Smile

I Have completed Level I and Level II in Reiki as far as I know; Reiki energy once attuned is for life time. I feel your apprehension today on reiki energy springs forth more from not practicing it regularly.

Try re-attuning to Reiki from your master just to boost your confidence.

If i were you i would first try to meditate relax completely and start visualizing the flow again. I believe Intent is more important.

Let Peace prevail
Sunny
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
iolite

Leah..

You can practice visualizing energy coming up from the bottoms of your feet like a bubbling fountain up through the legs, trunk, filling your body (including arms and hands) and coming out the top of the head and flowing down the outside of your body in a continuous flow. That will help clear the blocks. As you practice this, try to send that energy to each of the chakras an visualize their colors becoming brighter and bigger and when the fountain of energy has come up and out and you're being bathed inside and out with energy, try to hold that visualization and include your big bright and shiny chakras too. Eventually, include the reiki symbols. You can send the symbols to your chakras, soles of the feet and palms.

iolite
Old 07-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Leah85

Cat

I would like to thank you all for your answers. I am trying a 21-day treatment, working also with meditation techniques that you gently suggested, and taking a chance on a Reiki variant attunement: Karuna-Ki Reiki, a suggestion which I took from my Master. Only by meditation and application on people, animals and plants I already feel it growing stronger, but I feel more secure if I do the "treatment" again and on the other hand I take my chance on Karuna-Ki. I will let you know if it is worth! Namaste
Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 PM
EmergingPath

Do/try them all!

On the old boards we had many threads on the different types of Reiki that are now "out and about" and being taught. I am familiar with Karuna Reiki as developed by Willam Rand, I've never heard of Karuna-Ki but that is ok too :)

Now, Innerlight, he is the actual originator of "Cupcake Reiki" and can go into great detail if coaxed

In any case, the one thing that I know that develops your "feeling" of the energy is to do as much Reiki as you can.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
Old 03-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Knower

Budhism and taking care of a chow chow dog helped a lady take her thoughts about reiki healing