Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
What you say is very true, but as for spirit looking in the thirties happens a lot because it is supposed to represent the prime of their lives.
It is to prove that they are whole again no ailments etc.

Namaste
It's about the person the reading/message is for to decide and whether it's proof or reassurance. Most Loved Ones that are left behind want/need to believe that their Loved Ones in Spirit have gone to a better place. That theme has been expressed in so many ways, from believing things will be better when you sit at God's right hand to songs of being freed of worldly cares and woes.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

EXCERPT

Reminded my of going to a Medium's weekly gathering in NYC.
You had to be careful not to say too much before hand --if you comment on the nice music, incense or
straighten a lampshade before the meeting starts --all this can come up in your 'message'!
'

Your comment reminded me.......

I used to go to one particular place. When you arrived, virtually everybody would stay in the room before the meeting where the coffee was and drank coffee and talk a lot. The main leaders of the event would always go to a distance room in the building and close the door so nobody never got to see or hear what was going on in that room.

It didn't take some of us long to realize that if we talked about stuff that made no sense as we consumed our coffee before things got on their way, that stuff that made no sense, would show up in our messages.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
representation

Slightly off-topic so apologies in advance.

I find it interesting to 'observe' how those wishing to show their survival and their attendance at a sitting present themselves to a medium. As evidence they may choose visual elements familiar to the intended recipient but also they may impress on their go-between the manner of their passing. Or neither may occur and communication of relevant details comes via clairaudience - in such cases the other two methods wouldn't work.

Additionally a person communicating may choose a representation that is not instantly recognisable. Recently I've been observing at Zoom-platform demonstrations of evidential mediumship and on a few occasions the medium has come to me. In each case the different mediums said they were seeing army clothing - the rough, khaki wool gear.

As a baby-boomer I hadn't seen any of my family in armed-forces' uniforms so that garb meant nothing to me but it was - presumably - still important to the communicator. Interesting, perhaps, that the communicator might have been in his earthly prime at the time of the conflicts, his uniforms still meaning something to him even decades after the conflict. I think that might have been the case with my father who appeared totally unexpectedly at a recent Zoom demonstration.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Whatever precautions one may take to avoid a medium hearing discussions between sitters - thus avoiding accusations of 'listening in' - there remains the possibility of ANY non-communicated information from ANY sitter getting picked up by the practitioner.

Making sure that sitters and mediums are separated beforehand, however, minimises details accidentally being overheard and then presented as if they're from a communicator. BUT only the medium's avoidance of slipping into psychic reading can truly minimise that risk.

Experience and self-discipline are needed as - I've been told - any medium can slip, albeit briefly, into unplanned psychic reading of their sitter.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Administrator
That is so true that is why when i read anyone i never meet the person or know anything about them

Namaste
Old 06-06-2021, 05:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quite possibly.... But just because that may happen to some individuals it doesn't mean it's that way for every individual.

Last edited by Native spirit : 06-06-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
That is so true that is why when i read anyone i never meet the person or know anything about them

Namaste

The shortest message I ever gave was one word.

I told the person exactly what I heard and it was only one word. I also told him that is all I am getting.

To my surprise, the person stood up and addressed everybody else and said he was getting a cold and that he had not told one person about it. The message I gave him was "cold".

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:43 PM
Administrator
That can happen some are chatty other not so much

Namaste
Old 07-06-2021, 05:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Was it even a message?
Old 07-06-2021, 05:43 AM
Master
The receiver was over joyed about the one word message.

Was it a message?

If you hear something from spirit, then I would assume most people would say it was a message.

And then you check the validity of the message. The person receiving the message, did confirm it. He was over joyed.

And then there are some messages that come across as a regular, 2-way conversation. Those are the ones I really like.