Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 11-01-2021, 04:31 AM
Ascender
Wanting to start working with tarot cards!

https://rebeccacampbell.me/oracledeck/

I stumbled upon this deck, and I feel really drawn to it. I instantly wanted to buy it, and I am going to buy it. Soon.

The thing is, I know no almost nothing about tarot, I kinda get it just a bit. I've had readings done so I get that part, and I'm intuitive and have done those types of readings too. I know there's a guide book that comes with the deck, and a energy activation for the deck via live stream. So that's good!

Anyone want to give a beginner some advice on starting tarot readings for myself and others. 😇
Old 12-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Experiencer

Tarot can be utilized, not just for divination, but as a guide to Tree of Life meditation.

Also, Tarot cards and layouts, etc., have specific attributes and meanings. So as a beginner, avoid the tendency to want to just "feel" the cards. Learn something about their meanings and their correspondences first.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:05 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Tarot can be utilized, not just for divination, but as a guide to Tree of Life meditation.

Also, Tarot cards and layouts, etc., have specific attributes and meanings. So as a beginner, avoid the tendency to want to just "feel" the cards. Learn something about their meanings and their correspondences first.
Do you mind if I ask how it can utilized for a tree of life meditation? What is a tree of life meditation?

I'm definitely planning on looking at the various spreads there can be. Once I get the deck, as I'm a hands on learner. ♡
Old 13-01-2021, 01:27 AM
Experiencer

The Tree of Life is a Kabbalistic or Qabalistic pathworking, and it is a process of working on the self.

Each of the worlds on the Tree of Life glyph have associations and the paths between them have Tarot associations. As you pass through each "world," you are working on various aspects of the self with the ideal of union with the Divine.

I hope I am explaining it correctly. It is hard for me to put it into words.

I'm sure there are a variety of books out there on the subject, but the one I have been working with is by Stephan Hoeller. I believe it is called The Fool's Pilgrimage (after the Fool Tarot card).

There are various associations and meditations particularly for this purpose. The idea is that you spend a week on each path, doing the meditation for each card. It's best to memorize the meditations and to have the card to look at. It just uses the Rider-Waite deck, but I'm imagining most are similar in their symbolism.
Old 13-01-2021, 01:35 AM
Experiencer

If you google Tree of Life glyph there should be a lot of nice images you can find, but here is the wiki page on the basic glyph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of_life_(Kabbalah)
Old 13-01-2021, 11:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_Lion

I stumbled upon this deck, and I feel really drawn to it. I instantly wanted to buy it, and I am going to buy it. Soon.

The thing is, I know no almost nothing about tarot, I kinda get it just a bit. I've had readings done so I get that part, and I'm intuitive and have done those types of readings too. I know there's a guide book that comes with the deck, and a energy activation for the deck via live stream. So that's good!

Anyone want to give a beginner some advice on starting tarot readings for myself and others. 😇

Oh wow, the cards are all beautifully made. I like the deck too, I'm glad they have it on amazon.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I have been a tarot reader for two years thus far and the main thing I can tell you is that whilst you may initially think that there is a definite need to learn and use only the traditional meanings of each card, eventually, you will find your intuition kick in and you won't rely so heavily on the cards and their "true' meanings. The most important thing about reading is the message. As long as you are getting the message across that needs to be heard or told, then that's really all that matters.

Tarot is broken up into both Major Arcana (main themes if you will) and Minor Arcana. There are four suites swords (representing the element of air), wands (representing the element of fire), pentacles (representing the element of earth) and cups (representing the element of water). Each suit if you want to call it that, has their own general meanings to help you break down what kind of issue or circumstance the cards might be talking about. For instance, swords can talk about communication, wands about creativity, pentacles about money and stability and cups all about emotions.

If you think that wasn't enough, it can break down even further to cards representing astrological signs and even timing (pentacles being years, cups being months, swords being weeks and wands being days) as well as the four seasons (pentacles - winter, swords - autumn/fall, wands - spring and cups - summer). The reason I'm mentioning all this is to show you that to a beginner, it can seem quite overwhelming at first which is why I want to suggest two things.

Firstly, I know of the deck you mentioned though have not used it personally, however, I think it's great you have chosen an Oracle deck as a starting point as Oracle aren't built like Tarot it's more simplified. Their meanings can be anything from simple affirmations and guidance to keywords and inspirational artwork set to inspire your own thoughts and meanings for the cards. It's a much less daunting way of getting into the feel of reading cards and working on your intuition.

Secondly, when you do decide to move into tarot can I suggest starting with the original Rider Waite deck? It's the best way once you feel ready, to jump into the more detailed decks of tarot and gain more insight into any situation or question you might have. You might feel called to do a tarot class online, or buy a book on Tarot or just try using the booklet that comes with it, but it's good to have a little more info and resources to help understand them better.

Also, once you feel you have gained the general gist of what each card means, I suggest trying tarot spreads. This will help you understand how to read each tarot card in different situations and in a different light. After you become comfortable with that, well I say it's anything goes and just do what feels comfortable for you.

Hope some of this helped!
Old 28-02-2021, 07:47 AM
Pathfinder

I also started with Oracle deck and then moved onto Tarot. What works for me is reading a lot and I bought two books that resonate with me.
The deck I bought is the Light Seer deck and the Classic Llewellyn deck which goes with the two books I bought. I use the Light Seer deck when I practice and I pick the same cards from the Llewellyn deck because they correspond with the books. Kelly-Ann-Maddox has a great tarot video on you tube. And the website Learntarot.com is very good too.
Old 19-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Newbie ;)

That's an oracle deck, not a tarot deck. Very different, but both are cartomancy. Tarot is fun, I definitely recommend a rider-Waite deck to start just to get a feel for it, and really learn about the symbology of the images, and then go find a deck that really appeals to you and use the same method to make it your own and learn how it speaks to you. Divination, cartomancy or otherwise, is all about intuition.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:33 PM
Master
No but would love a reading! Apparently the practice is to draw a number of cards and syncing with the reader/op would divulge information on attracting based... it’s more than a game when the attractor is correct or the pack has a secret... or the dealer has a finite conversion from the draw to devise the op...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)