Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Uhmar

Bibliomancy

Bibliomancy

Bibliomancy is actually a form of stichomancy. Only it uses religious texts intead of random poems etc. The relegious text words then provide the source to answer the presented question or issue.

The Bible is quite often used, or the Kuran or Torah. One could even use your Grimoire if you are so inclined. You might even consider the Book of TAO. It is not scripture but Tao is wisdom.

I personally either use a Bible or I have two books that have inspiration on one side and one to four scriptures on the other page. I usually use whichever I am drawn to to use.

Just like any form of stichomancy you choose randomly by instinct or touch.
It is the same principles as stichomancy. ( See stichomancy thread)

You can even randomly open your bible etc. or let it fall open itself to choose . Then close your eyes and let your hand hover slightly over the pages or slide your hand along the page . Stop where it feels right. Read that scripture or chapter to see if it connects to the question presented.

If after a few tries the answer makes no sense then stop and use another method as the energy is off.
This is basicall intuition, sense of touch and the universe in a big energy ball of diivnation.
This once again is a method that requires nothing but he ability to trust yourself and the universe to guide.

© Uhmar
Old 05-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Uhmar

I will offer two Bibliomancy readings.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Dilchannan

I didn't know what I did had a name for it lol...I will ask God a question, or ask him to tell me what I need to learn, see etc...Pick up my Bible and let it open at will, close my eyes, let my fingers do the walking until they stop, and read my answer....

I have had some very interesting adventures through the Bible in that way...
Peace
Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Uhmar

Quote:
I didn't know what I did had a name for it lol...I will ask God a question, or ask him to tell me what I need to learn, see etc...Pick up my Bible and let it open at will, close my eyes, let my fingers do the walking until they stop, and read my answer....

I have had some very interesting adventures through the Bible in that way...
Peace

exactly my reason for searching what happened.lol

And how often do you hear someone say..How do you get in touch with your guides or GOD!
There are so very many small signs constantly that they are there, they are helping, they are listening. Most of us are just to in our heads or our human lives to not see it all.

Dilchannan))))))))))))) you should offer a couple bibliomancy readings for other as wll.
If anyone asks and you see it and woudl like or feel compeled to do one of them just post " I will take that one" and read for them.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Dilchannan

I told my Pastor one time that I would do this from time to time. The response I got was typical, "thats not how your should read your Bible, Thats not the right way to connect with God, Use Prayer to ask"

For me, God will give us the answers if we ask, show us the way, open doors no matter how we go about asking..If I search the Bible, looking for my answer, I may find many many answers with my minds eye. If I let God show me, than that is Divine...imo

Much Love