Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-10-2015, 04:51 PM
sarahx1

Tarot Card Set

Hi everyone,

My mum recently gave me a set of tarot cards. I haven't really touched them since she gave me them but now I keep thinking about them and thinking that I should give them a try.

I think my mum has used them at some point so my question is, do I have to cleanse them ?
If so, which is the easiest way of doing this ?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
55Degrees

Cleansing is a personal choice. Some people do, some people don't.
Some feel that their cards won't work if they aren't cleansed, others feel that it makes no difference, as the message of the cards comes from the reader, as it is the reader that is connected to god/goddess/source/the divine/angels/collective unconscious/intuition (insert any other here) the cards are just that, cards.

If you feel it is necessary to cleanse your deck there are various methods;
passing the cards through incense ( white sage seems to be the most common),
fanning the deck out and blowing on the cards,
placing them in the light of a full moon,
saying a blessing over them.
The list is huge as different people have their preferred method but don't get too hung up on who is right or wrong. The choice is yours and nobody else's, do whatever you feel is right for you. There is so much myth around how to treat your deck, that if they were all true, you'd have no time to read the cards, as you would be spending all your time prepping the cards.

Have fun with your deck, ask it questions (yes even ones that might sound silly) play around with them, that is the best way of bonding with your cards.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Master

Oh, some people also like to wrap their cards in silk, or use the cards on silk as a cleansing/protective measure.

*looks at silk scarf which has, for some time now, been folded up under cards and ignored* heeheehee (you can tell which tarot camp I'm in...)
Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 PM
sarahx1

That's great, thanks .

I have the 1JJ Swiss Tarot Cards but I don't know all of the card meanings. I don't suppose any of you know where I can find them online or which book accompanies this deck ?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:45 PM
55Degrees

A book on Tarot de Marseille style decks written in English is quite tricky, although the one I have seen is called Tarot - the Open Reading by Yoav Ben-Dov. You should find it if you Google it.
Sorry I can't give you much more info, there is a forum with a specific section for TdM information that may be of help to you, however, its against forum rules to link it. Sorry
Old 10-10-2015, 08:34 AM
sarahx1

No problem, thank you. I will take a look for it.
Thanks for the help everyone .
Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Master

No probs! You're more than welcome to join the tarot/oracle practice thread - we're newbie-friendly and you'll get feedback on all your readings (plus get an equal number of readings in return, which is always nice!)