Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Ciqala

Awesome! Hmmm...well, millions of questions after that and reading between the lines (very bad at noticing my surroundings), but i will sum them up in short and by saying i am intrigued.
Never noticed you were a walk in, until now, and your fascination with WWII, so you must have been there?
I am sorry to hear you have soul trauma, I do as well, i manage to get through it slowly. I am curious though, can you relate to what the soul trauma is, the experience of walk in, the switch, or actual memories of lives?
Usually helps me to locate back to what it was.
I've been different souls at odd times throughout this life, what i am now i am content with , my trauma is more to do with past memories of war and some patterns left over. And do you have a boat now?
I think citrus and mint are invigorating scents, not as calming.
Sandalwood, myrrh, and veviter oil is good for calming and healing traumas! i'm sure there are more...
I like the cone style incenses. It's hard to find oils around here, so that i can burn them in my diffuser thing, i used to love that thing.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I was a U-Boat commander.

Well - as far as the soul trauma, I don't know if there are two plausable causes for it: 1-my death in the U-Boat (and the cause of that is still undetermined by historians) and 2 - the trauma incurred via the soul exchange.

No no boat now...but if I did have a U-Boat () I would be harassing those Somalian pirates...give them the surprise of their lives...*evil grin*

I like Sandalwood too (not the Amyris type but the East Indian type). I actually do have some Myrrh mixed in with the Frankincense/Lavender blend.

Vetiver is great for my body too - works wonderfully on the muscles as a relaxant.

As for a diffuser...I'm hoping the one I'm looking at buying next month will be decent. The reviews are pretty good...
Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Ciqala

ohh, sweet. good to know you have those aromas, yeah i also prefer the east indian sandalwood. it makes my chakras and energies feel cool.
Vetiver... i should use that, my muscles are sore after the huge work out i just did!
Man, if i were you, i would get a boat, not a u boat necessarily lol, maybe just a kayak, just to get onto the ocean again, might bring back good memories, not just bad ones!

Well, can you remember details of your life through meditation? the cause of your death could be determined by you, also help sort through trauma of it, if that is where it comes from. i'm just a naturally curious person, thus i like to remember back and sort through things, but sometimes is a bumpy experience.

Diffusers are quite amazing.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'd like to get on an old passenger ship - just like how it was back then...with all the reproduction trappings and all. That would be neat. Similar to watching a movie in a restored old theater.

I don't meditate - it spaces me out too much and isn't necessary for me. My memories and such just come to me naturally...even stuff dealing with physical reality. I'm like a magnet.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Ivy

Kapitan, I think you are probably experienced enough with essential oils to begin making your own blends. I'd reccommend getting yourself a decent reference book to look up any contra-indications and understand 'notes' in blending....and I would recommend only using two, maximum 3 different oils in a blend. But your nose is a pretty good guide to whether the blend will be compatible for you or not.

julia Lawless 'the encyclopeidia of essential oils' is a good reference book....its one I used in training.
Old 15-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Thanks Heather :-)

Yeah I like to stick to about 3 max. with oils...although for a totally different use, I have this massage oil that has mainly Citrus type oils in and then Vetiver, Frankincense, Myrrh, Helichrysum italicum and Linden Blossom. It's quite a 'suicide' of oils but for some reason my body loves it.

There aren't many oils that I really care to work with - mainly just Citrus scented ones, a few florals, and then of the 'earthy' ones - Vetiver, Frankincense, Myrrh, E. Indian Sandalwood...and Vanilla...wherever that goes.

One for example - Labdanum - I use only under my arms. I don't blend that with anything.

I used to have a two volume set that I bought from Nature's Gift...below in the quote is from their site

I don't have the set anymore because I work with so few oils that I gave it away.

Quote:
The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual
Sylla Sheppard-Hanger of the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy.

This two volume set is THE definitive reference manual for anyone using Aromatherapy in any form with other people. Be forewarned, it is not a book you will want to sit and read. But I find myself reaching for it to confirm my answer to every question I answer online or in Email, to confirm that my instinctive choice of oils to blend for a specific condition does, in fact, contain oils recommended for that condition, to help me find other alternatives when the treatment I've been using is less effective than I had hoped, and, most of all, to ensure that I am practicing this art safely.
  • Part One focuses on the basic principles of aromatherapy, followed by a section on delivery methods, and one on carrier oils and additives. There is an extensive chapter on safety considerations and different types of toxicity.
  • Part Two contains the monographs on the oils themselves, set up in a chart format. It starts with a list of common names and their corresponding Latin name; the oils are listed alphabetically by Latin name. The chart of Essential Oil monographs is over 330 pages long. The categories for describing each oil include botanical & common name, together with type of plant, countries of origin, Biochemical Class, including specific biochemicals usually found in the oil, Traditional and Esoteric uses of each oil (often taken from the traditional herbal uses) including, when appropriate, veterinary uses, and an overview of conditions the EO has been used for, broken down by body system. Each description is accompanied by all relevant safety data.
  • Part Three includes a extensive clinical index based on both traditional and modern uses of EO's which also includes a brief "Mental/Emotional/Psychic & Magikal Index" as well as a Chakra index and an Ayurvedic Index.
  • Here we also find the index of biologically active phytochemicals and the EO's they are found in, introduced by an overview of phytochemistry, as well as a taxonomical index, breaking the plants down by families. Part 3 also includes a 10 page glossary, and complete Bibliography.
Old 16-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
I'd like to get on an old passenger ship - just like how it was back then...with all the reproduction trappings and all. That would be neat. Similar to watching a movie in a restored old theater.

I don't meditate - it spaces me out too much and isn't necessary for me. My memories and such just come to me naturally...even stuff dealing with physical reality. I'm like a magnet.

That would be awesome
Ah yeah, lucky, my memories tend to come naturally too, but my mind is still a pain so i need to meditate.

Have you come up with any animal totem essential oil inventions yet? You could make lots of creations with the ones you like.

That is such a great idea... Hmmm maybe i'll do it too, and become rich selling scents dedicated to animal totems I've seen them hand crafted in native stores around here, and it seemed like the person who made them, just picked any random aromatherapy oil, then decorated the bottle with art of the animal. They even made aromatherapy candles dedicated to the animals.
Old 18-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Well I have a very small bottle that I have Lavender-Frankincense-Myrrh-Rose in that I use to 'anoint' my temples, top of my head and the back of my head before I go to sleep and after I shower in the morning.

This seems to help me considerably with healing for some reason.

I've been getting into Rose much more now since I had a very potent distance healing - soul retrieval done. (Rose-Water-Shark totem).